Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: More Evidence Sam Mitchell Is Worst Coach (Maybe In History!)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue89
    He's right you moron. Players improve their game in the off-season.
    players improve when they practice

so you gonna tell me players only practice in the off-season?

that quote is indicative how clueless the coach is

learning is always continuous and should always be the thing a coach focuses on

if the players are not learning, the coach is useless

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    You do, but you don't go into a game thinking "Gee, well my elbow jumper needs some work, so let me take an inordinate amount of them against Denver, and if I miss, well that's okay, because development, wee!"

Mitchell is absolutely right. The team's focus is not on what aspect of the game some rookie needs to improve on. They're in the middle of a season. They're trying to win games. His focus is on what the team needs to do to win. Towns can continue to improve generally through experience, and in the offseason they can identify what areas of his game to target.

I know fans of every team that isn't immediately contending for a championship think their teams should throw away seasons just to "develop those glorious lottery tickets that will one day get us to the promise land!" But that's not how it works. People have jobs on the line. They're focused on this season.
    This makes little sense to me, taking shots in games and having plays for you absolutely does improve your ability to make those shots and make those plays down the road. There is no scenario that can replicate NBA game action in its entirety. Not individual training, not team practices, not scrimmages. There is nothing you can do outside of NBA games that can fully simulate what it's like in those games.

Your court awareness in terms of where to be, how to get there, playmaking instincts, ability to recognize and react to different defenses, ability to respond to or even exploit contact in the paint, etc...those are intricacies of the game that go beyond basic stuff like "turnaround jumpers" that can elevate a player from all-star to superstar and there is no better place to refine those elements than in games.

And it's not like Wiggins and Towns are a couple of Bruno Caboclos where developing them is gonna hurt the team...they're two of the best players on the team.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 12-13-2015 at 11:05 PM.

Made that high school varsity squad Goofsta Knicca's Avatar

Sam Mitchell got ****ed up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOMY89r5Xr8

Or is Jalen full of shit? http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-vince-carter/

Or is Jalen real? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcFEk_0mD6k

Andrew Wiggins better watch his mothaphukin back cuz Sam Mitchell got somethin to prove now. He out to show the world he ain't no punk bitch.

new fresh qoute of the day:

"I could play Tayshaun, Andre, and KG 28 minutes a game and maybe we get lucky and finish 8th seed. So what's going to happen next year when two or all three of those guys are gone? If we're going to make it, those young guys have to do it and then we can sustain it."
    Yet his coaching so far has been the exact opposite of that.

Now he is throwing all of our young players under the bus

Quote Originally Posted by digitalwolf
    Wow....Mitchell with more gems in PC. The head coach literally said....for whatever reason, we're not a running team. Later he then said.....do you know what kind of commitment that takes, to run for an entire 82 game season?

But the true kick to the nuts......we've got a lot of young guys who think they can play.

He's alienating the young guys because he prefers vets. He says he wants to develop the young guys, so his way of doing that is now talking ***? Just quit.....you're quickly approaching the worst head coach in Timberwolves history.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

I know exactly how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    I know exactly how you feel.
    Sam had bad rotations in Toronto too, but he was far from the worst coach the team ever had or in history. Just didn't have enough talent.

He's an old school coach who doesn't rreally know how to coach any differently. He wouldn't even be the head coach if Flip Saunders didn't pass away from his illness.

Holy F*CUK

Jon Krawczynski ‏@APkrawczynski 2m2 minutes ago
    Mitchell called it the most disappointing game of the year. Says he thinks some of the youngsters are "feeling sorry for themselves."
    Wow, already destroying the confidence of our future.

Good job Mitchell