Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Default Re: Sources: Bill Simmons is the reason Magic Johnson left ESPN

I wonder if Magic held a grudge against Simmons because of this old article.

I'm sure Jordan would have lol.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...simmons/020927

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Juicy stuff.

LINK

Say what you want about Bill Simmons, but he's not boring. Bill Simmons FINALLY found his niche in the NBA Draft. My god, he was comic gold during draft and the only reason to watch all those hours.

Doris Burke is a terrible replacement though....but not unhappy Magic is gone. He was kinda useless. I don't mind Jalen and Bill together. They have chemistry.

So, who knows....
    Bill Simmons is like the only dude I truly like listening to when he talks basketball. Guy's the man

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Bill Simmons is like the only dude I truly like listening to when he talks basketball. Guy's the man
    It's great because he's an actual fan and actually has his own opinions. At times you have to take that in to account though when he says something off base but I respect that he actually thinks for himself and it makes him much more enjoyable to listen to.

Doris is a hottie so don't be complaining about her.

Good, Simmons finally did the world a service. Magic Johnson was horrible on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Good, Simmons finally did the world a service. Magic Johnson was horrible on ESPN.
    His analogies are cringe stuff

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

How anybody can take Simmons opinion on anything laker related is beyond me.

He's so biased that its unreal. He admits to spending every waking moment as a celtics fan wanting magic to fail.

If you got this guy alone he would tell you Bird > Jordan and it isn't that close. For the love of god he thinks Bird made his teammates better than Jordan did and brought them to a level that Jordan never brought his teammates.

Simmons is a certified moron.

shhhhhhh

Never had a problem with Magic's views on the game... How can you not like listening to one of the greatest players ever thoughts on basketball

Simmons is hit and miss, OK for the most part like where he comes from as far as being a fan first but like a fan he does get a little too much sometimes, he's great when he's sharing his thoughts as opinion but as soon as he starts thinking he's actually an analyst and begins breaking down the game it's time to turn the volume down

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    I wonder if Magic held a grudge against Simmons because of this old article.

I'm sure Jordan would have lol.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...simmons/020927
    Test patterns in Sri Lanka got better ratings than "The Magic Hour".
    Ouch

Simmons at least makes it watchable by actually daring to give his real take on things.

Tired of these old jocks rambling on saying nothing on these shows.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Magic could ramble on for 5 straight minutes, reminiscing, using examples, analogies, statistical analysis, and his point would be scoring the basketball is good.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

doris burke?????????????????????????????????????????
    I'm done with that station.

Dang Rover, is that noise on tv again? {sigh} OK hang on, lemme turn these steaks and I'll come change the channel for ya.

Drama mamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats2013
    Bill and Jalen are great. I hope the sources are true, that way my fear of Simmons getting fired go down a bit.
    Simmons needs to stick to writing and Jalen needs to stay on Radio. They really don't offer consistent game analysis. Now Collins is A+. Doris and Jalen need to go. Replace with Webber and Hill in my opinion. Bill I guess can stay due to comedic factor and yes usuallt honest. Magic was more useless than Shaq and that's hard to do.

I gave their per/post games a shot and its not watchable. Collins is only person I take serious.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Good. Magic is a shitty analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Never had a problem with Magic's views on the game... How can you not like listening to one of the greatest players ever thoughts on basketball

Simmons is hit and miss, OK for the most part like where he comes from as far as being a fan first but like a fan he does get a little too much sometimes, he's great when he's sharing his thoughts as opinion but as soon as he starts thinking he's actually an analyst and begins breaking down the game it's time to turn the volume down
    guy has no idea about how the game is basketball is played on the court. its actually sad for someone who has watched so much basketball. Historically, he has read a lot and witnessed a lot. But he really never understood what was going on during the games. That is good enough I guess....i just can't listen to him. He is by far the most annoying announcer on TV. Other players know that fans don't really want to hear someone analyze a game.

Its like when someone asks me about something I'm working on. I just give them the shit they will understand because no one has time to give them a primer on the subject matter.