Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Breakup of Jordan's Bulls: Why did Jerry Krause destroy the Bulls?

Ok so I just watched a few Jordan interviews and I knew these two were feuding but Jordan said he told Pippen, Rodman and the core to stay together and go for 7 or 8 rings... but Jerry wanted to break up the dynasty due to personal issues with Jordan. I know Jerry also tried to boycott Jordan's HOF induction.

I want to hear from you Bulls fans who have actually been fans in the Jordan era and maybe shed some light on this. Why would you break up a dynasty that was still at the top? I truly believe the Bulls could have 7-8 rings and so does Jordan.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 03-29-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Title change

Banned

Default Re: Why did Jerry Krause destroy the Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Ok so I just watched a few Jordan interviews and I knew these two were feuding but Jordan said he told Pippen, Rodman and the core to stay together and go for 7 or 8 rings... but Jerry wanted to break up the dynasty due to personal issues with Jordan. I know Jerry also tried to boycott Jordan's HOF induction.

I want to hear from you Bulls fans who have actually been fans in the Jordan era and maybe shed some light on this. Why would you break up a dynasty that was still at the top? I truly believe the Bulls could have 7-8 rings and so does Jordan.
    With just Jordan believing they could have 7-8 rings I had my doubts, but with your superior authority.. Shit it must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    With just Jordan believing they could have 7-8 rings I had my doubts, but with your superior authority.. Shit you must be right.
    You've done a good job confusing me. Maybe my wording in the last sentence? All I meant is I definitely think they could of had another ring at least and Jordan also says that in the interview with Wilbon.

Banned

What was the point in adding YOU believe they could have 7-8 rings followed by jordan believing the same, seems as if you feel it adds some sort of truth to the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

Pip in his prime couldn't lead the Bulls to a title without MJ, and you think an old version of Pip could have?

Btw for those who said Pippen was equally as good/important to the Bulls as Jordan.. even Jordan's enemy Krause said this..

"Michael absolutely killed Scottie in practice every day for his first two years. Mike just tore Pip up. He made Pip learn how to compete and forced him into playing hard. Had there not been someone to challenge Scottie like that, I

It basically boils down to that Krause didn't feel like he got enough credit for putting together the team. Famous quote from him is that "management wins championships" or something along those lines. He resented Jordan and Jackson (even more than anyone else).

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Pip in his prime couldn't lead the Bulls to a title without MJ, and you think an old version of Pip could have?
    Jordan was forced into retirement is the point.............. He flat out said he retired because of the circumstances in the FO. He wanted to stay a couple more years because he wasn't done or ready to retire. He only left because the dynasty was breaking up. Which explains his Wizards comeback which proved he wasn't done. To be 38/39 and average 20 ppg plus?

My comments about them winning more rings.. should clearly portray I meant WITH Jordan.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 03-29-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicity89
    It basically boils down to that Krause didn't feel like he got enough credit for putting together the team. Famous quote from him is that "management wins championships" or something along those lines. He resented Jordan and Jackson (even more than anyone else).
    Sounds like 3 HUGE egos clashing. Jordan, Jackson and Krause lol. I think Krause would of been better off letting Michael, Pippen, Rodman and Phil take all the credit and just be remembered as the best GM of all time when it was said and done.

3-time NBA All-Star

The feud wasn't just with Jordan, it was with Phil and Pippen as well. They were actually the ones that really wanted to leave cause of Krause, and Jordan would've stayed if they did.

It was really one of the most ridiculous things ever in sports. Insidehoops would've went up in flames if it was around back then. And I really don't understand why Krause gets all the blame for this. Reinsdorf LET IT HAPPEN. Krause should've been fired right away for even entertaining the idea.

Could you even imagine Jerry Buss letting Kupchak get rid of Kobe and Gasol? Or the Celtics owner letting Ainge get rid of all of the big 3 and Doc?
    Last edited by guy; 03-29-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    The feud wasn't just with Jordan, it was with Phil and Pippen as well. They were actually the ones that really wanted to leave cause of Krause, and Jordan would've stayed if they did.

It was really one of the most ridiculous things ever in sports. Insidehoops would've went up in flames if it was around back then. And I really don't understand why Krause gets all the blame for this. Reinsdorf LET IT HAPPEN. Krause should've been fired right away for even entertaining the idea.
    This.

Although once Pippen's back went out...I'm not sure they could have won again.

Quote Originally Posted by guy

So in general do you feel the entire FO should be blamed rather than the pawn Krause? I just found this video all of you should check out if you have 21 minutes (2 parts youtube). It's called "Did Jerry Krause break up the Chicago Bulls dynasty?". It's a Sportscenter special.

It investigates all the details and hears all sides of the story from players, coaches, opposing players and coaches, other GM's opinions of Krause and the dynasty etc. Seems like a ton of people are saying Krause had a nasty ego. Brilliant mind to build the team.. but also went mad because he wanted more recognition.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHK9w...eature=related

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyjOb...eature=related

Edit: Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf speaks in the videos too. It's super interesting and worth watching.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 03-29-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicity89
    Honestly what personnel moves did Krause make that stood out? I always thought Krause was overrated, none of his draft picks really panned out (although they were at the end of the round) and besides dealing Perdue for Rodman I don't remember him making any other big trades.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    This.

Although once Pippen's back went out...I'm not sure they could have won again.
    True but they would've at least contended. You don't trade in contending team for a title and arguably the greatest draw in Sports history for a lottery team led by Toni Kukoc and Elton Brand.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore SFMF's Avatar

Don't forget.... 98-99 was a lockout. I do believe the Bulls had a good chance at another championship.