Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Premier League Hall of Champions

This was also my first time in premiere Basketball.... lol keep hating :)

Quote Originally Posted by Attila
    This was also my first time in premiere Basketball.... lol keep hating :)
    Exactly my point. These guys used to hate on me for letting 'weak' people in my leagues. Difference just is, I dominate the 'weak', and people in this league lose to the 'weak'.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    Exactly my point. These guys used to hate on me for letting 'weak' people in my leagues. Difference just is, I dominate the 'weak', and people in this league lose to the 'weak'.
    So how exactly am I a "weak" competitor... you've never done a basketball league with me... You know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila
    So how exactly am I a "weak" competitor... you've never done a basketball league with me... You know nothing.
    I've played those mock GM leagues with you. And there is a reason why despite all your activity in chatzy this was the 1st time you got a shot at premier. Face it I'm not the only one who thinks you suck.

Anyways this league is a joke, someone winning 3 consecutive years, until Attila out of all people comes in debuts and ends it Says a lot about the 3 peat and the competition in this league

Congrats though Attila no offense intended towards you. You are at least the best of the worst.

I rule the local playground tomSR.'s Avatar

Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

It's been a while, first off, congratulations to "Clown Team Bro" (no idea who you are on ISH, or if you're even on ISH) on your Premier League Baseball title, who somehow navigated the tightest playoff bracket in premier history. Every significant match ended in a 5-5 tie, an unprecedented 6 matches in a row settled by tiebreakers which Clown Team Bro was able to take advantage of. His team was anchored by the likes of Victor Martinez, Adam Wainwright, Brian Dozier, and Ian Desmond.

Congratulations on your 1st Premier League Title.

Now, onto the most recent championship.

With a razor thin 3 point win (assuming no stat corrections rob him), congratulations to long time Premier League member Rameek aka Rameek's Jets 16-0 on winning his first Premier League championship in Football. Rameek's Jets 16-0 were a formidable team all year that jumped out to a quick start, faltered down the stretch, but was able to turn it on at the right time for 3 straight playoff wins by margins of 25, 2, and 3 points.

A well balanced team with no clear weakness, I'll call the tandem of Randall Cobb and Matt Forte the team MVPs as both had tremendous years. Congratulations goes out to Navid who was the most active member this year and suffered a crushing Monday Night Football to come up just short in his quest for football supremacy.

Congratulations again to Rameek's Jets 16-0 on their Premier League Football Championship.

Premier League Basketball is well under way as team 313 looks to repeat as champion. Good Luck All.
    Last edited by Pistol Pete; 12-23-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Krust Kingz

Finally I have broken through to Premier Football Championship.... Always the bridesmaid never the groom....

Now its time for the Premier Basketball Championship....

It was only a matter of time, a consistent manager with a previous 3rd place finish (2011-2012), and a bittersweet runner up last year, iamgine has finally broken through with his guard heavy 3s attack to claim the Premier League Basketball Championship in a 5-4 win over Pocahontas.

In a competitive matchup that took until the final day to be decided, iamgine managed to scoop his normal FT, 3s, PTS and a sneaky FG win. However, it was that championship heart that appeared when imagine claimed the rebounds category, a category in which his squad was 2-21-0 this season and nearly 2,000 total rebounds below team Pocahontas this year. An unbelievable category upset that surely swung the match. The matchup could have been a blowout (Pocahontas category wins of assists, steals, and turnovers separated by 10, 2, and 4 respectively) but also could have been a Pocahontas title. Overall, despite the standard difficulties of managing the end of the season NBA mess, it was a compelling and exciting finish to another great season.

Team iamgine was anchored by James Harden who continued to put up monster numbers all season long. This team took a huge leap when Khris Middleton (and to a lesser extent JR Smith) turned it on midseason in what is surely the turning point of iamgine's season. Week 15, iamgine was managing a 6-7-1 non playoff roster before finishing the season on a scorching 8-1 record that propelled him to this title (only loss coming at the hands of the #1 seed). Other shoutouts to Demarre Carroll who put up a top 60 season from outside the preseason top 100 (and Mike Conley despite his lackluster finish to the season). Special playoff shoutout to Zach Lavine who put up a top 25 ranked 21/7/6/2 on 45/88 in the stretch drive. Finally, and most importantly, shoutout to the Orient express, the once and future King, I'm talking about the man, Jeremy Lin. What can you say that hasn't already been said? He put up 14/5/2/2 on 30% in the finals which swung exactly 0 categories, but you can't put a price on the drive and determination Jeremy brought to this team before iamgine ruthlessly dropped him. I know Jeremy holds no ill will and looks forward to resuming his role as the 13th man on the iamgine 2015-2016 roster. Congratulations Jeremy, you are indeed, the real MVP.

Quick shoutout to team Pocahontas who had a quality playoff run which included murdering my own season, along with that of the #1 seed and heavy title favourite Overdosed Redux. The same horse which propelled him into the final matchup (Boogie Cousins) ultimately betrayed him due to end of the season shenanigans. What ultimately ended up a very deep and talented roster thanks to some key late season pickups (notably Matt Barnes), this squad also featured Marc Gasol, Goran Dragic, John Wall, Danny Green, Markieff Morris, and Derrick Favors. A quality 2nd place finish from team Pocahontas who will be on the hunt to repeat the performance iamgine has just completed (runner up to champion in 2 years). Shoutout to Trey Burke for that 1-11 performance on the last day of the season, you doing the Lord's work Trey, thank you.

Thank you everyone for a great Premier Basketball Season and once again congratulations to champion iamgine.

Onto baseball where Clown Team Bro is already in the process of attempting to defend his title from last year. Was the 5-5 tie fest of last years playoffs a fluke or can he repeat the task more emphatically this time? The summer should be interesting.

Good Luck All!

"THEY DON'T KNOW TILL THEY KNOW!"

Banned

Nice work fellas.

Banned

erg

Better late than never, Congratulations to Bird on winning his first Premier League title in baseball after taking down a 7-3 win over perennial threat bball4life 'RIPBillyWainoKOJGril' on the strength of a 5-0 hitting sweep.

Particularly sweet was that this win was powered by a quality 6-2-4-1-.481 slash line from Houston Astros darling George Springer (Shoutout on a lesser extent to BIGGER darling Carlos Correa for a 4-1-7-2.240 line). A deserving title winner, Bird was the #1 regular season finisher before finishing off the #6ixGod and RIPBillyWainoKOJGril to win his baseball title.

The Premier League Train stops for no champion, Football is full speed ahead as several teams are vying for that elusive title and Basketball has begun to ramp up. Good Luck to all competitors and congrats again to Bird on his 2015 Premier League Baseball Championship!

Update?

Quote Originally Posted by statman32 View Post
    Update?
    yer