Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Kobe / Lebron fans: Do you feel that the 2012 Heat title should be asterisked?

Just to be clear I'm NOT a Kobe fan, nor am I a Lebron, nor am I a Heat or Laker fan - but there seems to be a pretty noticeable rift between Lebron and Kobe fan opinion with both sides trying to get the upper hand on the other on how accolades need to be interpreted.

I'm interested to hear the Kobe fan, and then the Lebron fan take on the 2012 NBA title that the Heat won this past lockout season. Here's your chance to give a brief explanation as to why or why not asterisk the 2012 Heat title.

I want a good clean debate, no low-bows.

**Please denote whether you are a Lebron fan or Kobe fan at the end of your post** - (I dont want the debate in this thread to be too watered down by the opinions of unbias league fans)

Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 09-28-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Default Re: Kobe / Lebron fans: Do you feel that the 2012 Heat title should be asterisked?

Nope. Heat still needed to win 16 games to win it all, just like every other champ.

/thread

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Kobe / Lebron fans: Do you feel that the 2012 Heat title should be asterisked?

Why would/should/could there be an asterisk?

College superstar

No. They won fair and square. The season was long enough so that it didn't matter. Do you really need the 20 or so extra games?

I did have a discussion with my friend about this before though. He said he thinks part of the reason Lebron was able to do so well in the Finals might be because he wasn't worn out by a longer season.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Why an asterisk? The Heat had the same short season as every one else. What advantage did they have? BTW, not a Kobe fan, just a Laker fan.

Kobe fan or fanatic? There's a different.

Only idiots think there should be.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Kobe fan or fanatic? There's a different.

Only idiots think there should be.
    this. everyone played under the same rules. they won fair, end of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Why an asterisk? The Heat had the same short season as every one else. What advantage did they have? BTW, not a Kobe fan, just a Laker fan.
    it's not the fact that they had the same shortened season as every other team. It's not the fact that they still had to win 16 games in the playoffs.

It's the fact that the season was 66 games starting in January. What other NBA seasons have games that are not 82? Yeah.. just a few since the merger. Since 66 is different from 82 games in the other 30+ years, it's different, therefore *

basically, just because it was DIFFERENT from the USUAL NBA REGULAR SEASON.

people are thinking the asterisk is to differentiate from the other teams in the 2012 season, no. There is no need to differentiate the heat.
    What we need to differentiate is the 2012 season from the other regular seasons. Not that there is any negative connotation, but just to signify that there is a difference, and there is, by fact.

note- I'm not a kobe fan btw. I just believe in the asterisk.
    Last edited by ripthekik; 09-28-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    this. everyone played under the same rules. they won fair, end of discussion.
    I'm looking for Kobe / Lebron fan opinions, (not necessarily Laker / Heat, nor impartial league fans) if the most extreme supporters of Kobe's fanbase don't asterisk the season than I guess there is no debate - I just figured there would be some and this would be their opportunity to fairly make their case - no low blows - just debate

extreme kobe fans have no merit in any discussion

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

No. Unless you asterisked the 99 lockout season, there's no reason to asterisk this one.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    No. Unless you asterisked the 99 lockout season, there's no reason to asterisk this one.
    In any record book you look at or NBA.com, for that year, is there any official asterisk next to the Spurs' name? If so then it will be the same thing for the '12 Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    extreme kobe fans have no merit in any discussion
    Do extreme Lebron fans?

Why are you looking for specifically Kobe fans responses? What does he or his fans have to do with this? You will be only looking for butthurt opinions with the risk of turning this into yet another Lebron vs Kobe flamewar...

Why is this even a question anyways unless you yourself consider it is an asterisk? Why? Everybody had to go through what Miami went through, a grueling schedule, injuries and competition... Miami came out on top and would have won no matter what scenario you would create, they (and specifically Lebron) was not gona be denied...

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    In any record book you look at or NBA.com, for that year, is there any official asterisk next to the Spurs' name? If so then it will be the same thing for the '12 Heat.
    what the fucck did you just ask me?