Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Default Re: I guarantee the grizzlies win the championship

I just thought alot of people are going to be surprised. Not going to the extent of predicting the Grizzlies to become champs, but it's going to be a very tight series if they do get there

Made that high school varsity squad MJ23forever's Avatar

If Memphis does reach the Finals, it would be tough for Miami. They always play the Heat tough in their limited action vs. each other. It'd be a great series IMO... I would expect it to go 6-7 games... they're the team with the best shot to beat Miami because of the match-ups and with all of the injuries this year to the other contenders.

They got all the ingredients. Big goons in the middle that aren't soft. A great wing defender who can stick Bron. And a PG that can shoot and penetrate. Their bench is solid as well.

I'm not saying they'd be favorites but Miami would need to play real great ball to win, and I wouldn't be shocked if we seen a rebirth of the 2004 Pistons. And Bron would have to play as great as he did in the ECF last year. But it would be tougher than the Eastern Conference Finals vs. Boston last year just cause with Boston, they relied so much on KG being out there on the floor for their defense. Without him, LeBron and Wade saw the red sea split so to speak.

While Randolph has never been a great defender, he's been decent in this system and I feel like ALL of their guards/wings play better defense than all of Boston's last year... Boston was missing Bradley but Memphis got more depth up front and more wings available.

Plus, Memphis plays defense and gets boards where as the Celtics play great defense but struggle on the boards.
    Last edited by MJ23forever; 05-14-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    > Why didn't the refs get involved in the 2004 Finals, then?
    That was sterns version of street justice for Colorado. America. Public wanted Kobe to fail and stern made sure of thay

Local High School Star

Way too many retards making guarantees these days. Save the 200 to pay for contraception. Don't want any more retards being brought into the world.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    Way too many retards making guarantees these days. Save the 200 to pay for contraception. Don't want any more retards being brought into the world.
    If he had an IQ in the triple digits, he would realize that Memphis is a 7 to 1 dog to win the championship. So he could get 1400 on his 200 if he wasnt such a broke biitch with no balls

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    lettuce be real, there's no way in hell David Stern would allow a bunch of no superstar, unknown to the public players dethrone the Heat. refs gonna bring their A game in the series
    Unfortunately, this. Stern didn't let Durant and WB (two of the best up-and-coming young superstars in the league) win, why would he let a team led by a couple of all-stars beat them?

The only marketing angle I can see him considering is, "The Most Stacked Team of All Time Loses in the NBA Finals - How Shocking!", but even then I don't think so.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAC system
    This year. Any dumb ass heat fan wanna bet? Put your money where your c0cksucker is. Lebron will have another spectacular choke job and the Memphis bigs will destroy them. I got 200 dollars the grizzlies take it all. Any takers?
    well if you called this before the playoffs I would say damn this guy knows his shit.

But they are up 3-1 and will 99% be representing the West as I do not think SAS/GSW will have anything for them.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

See here is the thing the Bulls and Pacers are very similar to Memphis in how they are built. If the Heat play and beat Pacers they will be ready to handle and deal with Memphis as the Pacers are Memphis East basically. Heat beat them in 5 or 6 assuming Wade can actually contribute.

So are people actually watching this series, and coming away impressed by the Grizzlies? Everyone is aware that OKC doesn't have Westbrook, has had Ibaka play like shit 3 of the 4 games, and allows Kendrick Perkins to actually put on a uniform and step on the floor for....right?

And despite all that, every single game has gone to the wire.

Facts Are Misleading

One thing that would be interesting about the Memphis/Miami series would be you can't play small ball against them - in other words Battier or Bron can't play the 4 - ZBo is too good down low and too good on the offensive boards.

Tony Allen will have as good a shot as anyone in the NBA of forcing Bron into tough shots as well.

Interesting series due to matchups.

Am I the only one who thinks Miami would sweep Memphis? not tryna sound cocky.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    One thing that would be interesting about the Memphis/Miami series would be you can't play small ball against them - in other words Battier or Bron can't play the 4 - ZBo is too good down low and too good on the offensive boards.

Tony Allen will have as good a shot as anyone in the NBA of forcing Bron into tough shots as well.

No the heat can mix and match lineups better than anyone and they would figure out what works best for them. Bron would at times cover zbo btw.

Lebron will push and shove ZBo as hard as he can and won't get called for a foul. And when 1/10th of it is done to him on the other end, he will flop and get the call. And not just once in a while. Every. Single. Time.

NBA rookie of the year

One thing that would be interesting about the Memphis/Miami series would be you can't play small ball against them - in other words Battier or Bron can't play the 4
    Says who?

Miami will double team, and front the post constantly against Memphis, and gang rebound. LeBron, Wade, and Battier will be digging. And on the other end, Bosh is going to force one of Zbo or Gasol out of the paint. If they are going to camp out under the rim all series, Bosh is going drain 18-20 footers all series. Just like he's doing against Noah/Boozer. That simple.

The Heat are the most skilled and most versatile team in the NBA. There is no matchup that Miami cannot hold their own against, of the remaining teams in the post-season. Dudes are kidding themselves.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    lettuce be real, there's no way in hell David Stern would allow a bunch of no superstar, unknown to the public players dethrone the Heat. refs gonna bring their A game in the series
    I'm quite certain you're wearing a tin foil hat right now.