Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: James Worthy rant on Lakers/Kobe

I can't argue with anything James said....at all. He's spot on. Kobe is burdened with a little too much right now too...it seems as if Brown relies on him FOR EVERYTHING. Kobe IS the playmaker, facilitator, and scorer on the team. He is supposed to make up for the burden of L.A. not having a PG, he's supposed to be the Savior everytime down the stretch (which is usually the case for the star-player but its really more than that with Mamba...Mike Brown's whole offensive game-plan is pretty much Kobe), and honestly at this point in Kobe's career the only thing he should be worried about is playing his position (SG) and leading his team as its captain. At this point in Jordan's career (1996-97), that is exactly what Jordan had the luxury of doing...and it led to more titles.

But I agree...Kobe...please stop shot-jacking. You're one of the all-time greats...we know this, but share the ball man. Trust your bigs and turn-on the Mamba when it needs to be turned on. You have nothing else to prove...your career has been great so far...just focus on getting that Sixth Ring, and team-basketball is what wins games.

And Mike Brown...please..please..just listen to Worthy's advice. Please...please..develop an actual game-plan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical-24
    I can't argue with anything James said....at all. He's spot on. Kobe is burdened with a little too much right now too...it seems as if Brown relies on him FOR EVERYTHING. Kobe IS the playmaker, facilitator, and scorer on the team. He is supposed to make up for the burden of L.A. not having a PG, he's supposed to be the Savior everytime down the stretch (which is usually the case for the star-player but its really more than that with Mamba...Mike Brown's whole offensive game-plan is pretty much Kobe), and honestly at this point in Kobe's career the only thing he should be worried about is playing his position (SG) and leading his team as its captain. At this point in Jordan's career (1996-97), that is exactly what Jordan had the luxury of doing...and it led to more titles.

But I agree...Kobe...please stop shot-jacking. You're one of the all-time greats...we know this, but share the ball man. Trust your bigs and turn-on the Mamba when it needs to be turned on. You have nothing else to prove...your career has been great so far...just focus on getting that Sixth Ring, and team-basketball is what wins games.

And Mike Brown...please..please..just listen to Worthy's advice. Please...please..develop an actual game-plan.
    Fantastic post

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Vertical-24

I agree, Kobe sucks...he's no Lebron James who can do everything, or even close...Kobe is a scorer, and will do what scorers do....jack up shots and be a cancer on teams that need more. Kobe, just retire.

Decent playground baller

But Bynum's 13-18 were all layups/dunks, that ish is weak, kobes shots were all tough contested shots, come on dude, bench bynum that weak ass nikka - efficiency doesn't mean anything if they aren't contested 30+ footer j's

is what bladers would have said

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    I agree, Kobe sucks...he's no Lebron James who can do everything, or even close...Kobe is a scorer, and will do what scorers do....jack up shots and be a cancer on teams that need more. Kobe, just retire.
    Lebron hasn't shown the ability to do anything at a championship level, actually.

Not a single thing.

Kobe has shown he has everything... not to the level of some of the very greats but close

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    It's the coache's job to coach, not Kobe's. Phil got Kobe to listen to him and buy into his game plan, Mike Brown doesn't even have a game plan. If you just put Kobe out there and let him "freelance" then as James Worthy said if you give the ball to Kobe everytime he's going to try to perform.
    No he didn't. I love Kobe but he never listened to Phil until the playoffs. This is not a Mike Brown problem this is and has been a Kobe problem for years. He does this now and again for whatever reason but it's the same mentality that when those shots are dropping has everyone going oooooh aaaaaah

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Yours is too
    I have no agenda. You see I can actual talk about the Lakers weaknesses and what they need to fix while you obsess over one player. I've seen your posts before you're not fooling anybody.

Very good NBA starter

[QUOTE=B

James Worthy just couldnt wait to bash Kobe, you could see it in his eyes he was disgusted at Kobes shot selections and chucking while shooting bad and refusing instead to facilitate the hot hand (Bynum), he was just holding it all in not to hurt Kobe fans feelings, lol

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I have no agenda. You see I can actual talk about the Lakers weaknesses and what they need to fix while you obsess over one player. I've seen your posts before you're not fooling anybody.
    Who cares who I'm fooling? Why does a person's "agenda" matter to you? If you don't agree, you don't agree. Damn, you dudes catch feelings and then scream out "agenda" whenever you run out of things to say.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Dear Kobe,

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
    Dear Kobe,

Classic

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
    Dear Kobe,