Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Worst NBA Franchise Not Named the Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    All the money from jersey sales is evenly distributed to all 30 teams.

How many times has Grant Hill talked to the Knicks about signing, and then signed elsewhere? I can't even keep count anymore.
    Popularity. Having your jersey be in the top 10? Might not net you cash but sure as shit will get you more endorsement looks.

Once again. I'm not talking in extremes. Not every player will want to play for NY. That can't happen. There is advantages that SOMETIMES happen for the bigger markets in the league that others don't get.

I agree a good FO is probably 99% of it. There's that 1% that market def helps with tho. Atleast 0.1111% because I've witnessed it first hand with my favorite team, so it's atleast happened once so not sure what your arguing.

Melo ONLY wanted to go to the Knicks because they cleared so much space by tanking for TWO years, and had Amar'e Stoudemire.

He never made any mention of his desire to play in NY before any of that happened.
    lol k. Melo wanted NY for their GREAT FO. I'm coming home, had nothing to do with it. His wife wanting to be in New York or L.A for her career had nothing to do with it.

If your not going to accept Melo had NY on his list of teams 100% because of there market than there's really no point in discussing it with you. It's a fact. Melo would probably admit that he wanted to play for New York, because it's New York.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    which franchise is the 2nd worst since the Clippers will never be topped.
    Clippers have redeemed themselves quite a bit and they have had good playoff teams......very rarely but what they have done lately takes them off this list.

Worst, I say Bobcats. If you took all the Bobcats top 10 draft picks in their prime and put them on 1 team you wouldn't win a game

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    lol k. Melo wanted NY for their GREAT FO. I'm coming home, had nothing to do with it. His wife wanting to be in New York or L.A for her career had nothing to do with it.

If your not going to accept Melo had NY on his list of teams 100% because of there market than there's really no point in discussing it with you. It's a fact. Melo would probably admit that he wanted to play for New York, because it's New York.
    I'm pretty sure his wife had something to do with it too.

Does every player have a wife from NY? If so, then I can see why you think NY would have an advantage.

Popularity. Having your jersey be in the top 10? Might not net you cash but sure as shit will get you more endorsement looks.

Once again. I'm not talking in extremes. Not every player will want to play for NY. That can't happen. There is advantages that SOMETIMES happen for the bigger markets in the league that others don't get.

I agree a good FO is probably 99% of it. There's that 1% that market def helps with tho. Atleast 0.1111% because I've witnessed it first hand with my favorite team, so it's atleast happened once so not sure what your arguing.

Being a superstar gets you endorsements, not being in a big market. David Robinson and Tim Duncan have had national endorsements from San Antonio.

How many endorsements does JR Smith have? How many did Starks have? Or Charles Oakley?

I'm pretty sure his wife had something to do with it too.

Does every player have a wife from NY? If so, then I can see why you think NY would have an advantage.
    First off I don't think NY has this massive advantage that you can't match. They don't. That's why they've been awful for so long. Just saying they have some, let's call it appeal that others don't. How much that helps? I have no idea. I know it's helped atleast once. I know NY doesn't sell draft picks like PHX. I know NY is far more willing to spend in the last 10 years than alot of others teams.

Really good FO and ping pong balls decide more than anything.

Being a superstar gets you endorsements, not being in a big market. David Robinson and Tim Duncan have had national endorsements from San Antonio.

How many endorsements does JR Smith have? How many did Starks have? Or Charles Oakley?
    Nate Robinson shouldn't have been in the top 10 for jersey sales. That's a direct reflection of playing in NY.

I've seen you argue you this, alot of the links you posted I read and it's actually where I got some of the you make more money in NY

So there. Superstars make more money in NY! That's an advantage. I have no clue how big of one, or it even matters like I've been saying. NY can pitch that. Minnesota can't. Check Webster my friend, that's the definition of an advantage

Nate Robinson shouldn't have been in the top 10 for jersey sales. That's a direct reflection of playing in NY.

I've seen you argue you this, alot of the links you posted I read and it's actually where I got some of the you make more money in NY

So there. Superstars make more money in NY! That's an advantage. I have no clue how big of one, or it even matters like I've been saying. NY can pitch that. Minnesota can't. Check Webster my friend, that's the definition of an advantage
    Whatever advantage there is, it's probably smaller than the advantage that states with no state tax have.

In the end, I think that market, or no state tax come far behind the chance to win, when a player is picking his future team.

Historically the Wolves have been horrendous.

Whatever advantage there is, it's probably smaller than the advantage that states with no state tax have.

In the end, I think that market, or no state tax come far behind the chance to win, when a player is picking his future team.
    Maybe. I won't argue that. Market clearly doesn't even decide if a team succeeds or fails. FO, coaching etc. all do. I'm not naive enough to believe that every team plays by the same rules. Owners checkbook decides alot and when your team makes alot more money and has crazy TV contracts your obviously be willing to spend more unless your Donald Sterling, which he even started to do now.

PHX sold a few really good players. Cheap owner. Doesn't happen if Cuban owns the team or Dolan. No superstar forced his way to Minnesota. Even a team like Toronto, NBA players don't seem to like playing in Canada. Might not happen alot, it's happened atleast once or twice tho. Dwight\Melo being the examples of that. Extremely small size, but still there.

Location and money have nothing to do with winning.

Denver went 8 years without making the playoffs, and had never gotten past the second round before Carmelo Anthony showed up.

My vote goes to the Milwaukee Bucks though. Probably the most forgotten franchise in the NBA.
    LOL. Ignorance is bliss isn't it? Location means great players flock to that place. The Lakers wouldn't be the Lakers if they had stayed in Minneapolis.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Haha true that. Dude looks like he got slapped in the face. By grizzly bear's claw
    i guess the ladies dig my malled grizzy bear attacked face thats been destroyed beyond recognition. i'ts amazing they can even stand the sight of me

da fuq are these womenz doin with my ugly a%%
    Last edited by kennethgriffin; 08-29-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Location and money have nothing to do with winning.
    wait whaaat?

doesnt EVERYONE wanna play in NY? That's what you have been saying since the summer of 2010

Winning should be easier then, especielly when you can use 100mill on salaries

For every Melo or Dwight, there is a Duncan or Durant.
    oh my god. do you even believe what you are writing?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i guess the ladies dig my malled grizzy bear attacked face thats been destroyed beyond recognition. i'ts amazing they can even stand the sight of me

da fuq are these womenz doin with my ugly a%%
    what the **** was that?

was that supposed to be impressive