Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lets Say: Chris Paul trade to Lakers don't get veto'd. Where would the Lakers be?

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    can someone explain to me why is was vetoed???
    This stuff just makes me believe that the league really is rigged.
    Because it wasn't in the best interests of the hornets, who were owned by the nba at that point in time.the deal they got from the clippers was so much better at that point in time.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Default Re: Lets Say: Chris Paul trade to Lakers don't get veto'd. Where would the Lakers be?

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Because it wasn't in the best interests of the hornets, who were owned by the nba at that point in time.the deal they got from the clippers was so much better at that point in time.
    uh huh........

uh huh........
    Do you even get what "at that time" even means? Chiffon was a rising star and Kaman was no slouch. That trade was better than what the Lakers trade would have netted the hornets.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Contrary to what others think, I think CP3 and Kobe would have gotten along well. Both of them have that competitive nature and aren't about being fun loving on the court (see CP3's anger at Pau patting his head). The whole reason Kobe and Dwight didn't work was because Dwight likes having fun while playing.

Kobe and CP3 would have pushed each other to be better and despite what people think, Fisher was the one who lead the locker room, not Kobe. So Kobe had to adapt to being more of a leader in recent years. CP3 would have been able to do that instantly. I don't think they would have won 7 rings but I do think they would have been a lot more successful than people in this thread would have you believe

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    That's nonsense, it was because of the owners raising a huge bitchfit about the trade. The deal for the Hornets was fine. I don't even think the Clippers' deal was on the table yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MVBallin2K
    Contrary to what others think, I think CP3 and Kobe would have gotten along well. Both of them have that competitive nature and aren't about being fun loving on the court (see CP3's anger at Pau patting his head). The whole reason Kobe and Dwight didn't work was because Dwight likes having fun while playing.

Kobe and CP3 would have pushed each other to be better and despite what people think, Fisher was the one who lead the locker room, not Kobe. So Kobe had to adapt to being more of a leader in recent years. CP3 would have been able to do that instantly. I don't think they would have won 7 rings but I do think they would have been a lot more successful than people in this thread would have you believe
    I don't think anyone's arguing attitude, it's just that CP3 is a ball dominant PG, and Kobe is a ball dominant SG. Neither player can perform anywhere near their max capability without the ball in their hands.

Obviously we can't say exactly how it would've turned out, but just looking at their styles of play it's difficult to see how they could have meshed.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    That's nonsense, it was because of the owners raising a huge bitchfit about the trade. The deal for the Hornets was fine. I don't even think the Clippers' deal was on the table yet.
    Irs fine only for Lakers fans. The end justified the means. By the league holding out they got a much better deal.it's ludicrous to think the Lakers trade was more valuable at the time than what the hornets eventually got

Banned

can someone explain to me why is was vetoed???
    This stuff just makes me believe that the league really is rigged.
    The team was owned by the league so the owners had a right to vote it down when the acting gm acceoted it on his own. Basically it devalued the team when it was up dor sale. Lakers fans wilk ignore this though and cry conspiracy because ish has a lot of tard lakers fans and only a handful of good ones

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    The team was owned by the league so the owners had a right to vote it down when the acting gm acceoted it on his own. Basically it devalued the team when it was up dor sale. Lakers fans wilk ignore this though and cry conspiracy because ish has a lot of tard lakers fans and only a handful of good ones
    I seee.. thank you for being informative.