Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Why do people act like Kevin Durant has had the same help as LeBron/Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Amazing sample size there, retard.

Leave the talk to people without an agenda. You don't know basketball.

You either have to have big men or 3pt shooting and OKC has neither.

Who has won the past decade +? Teams with big men and/or 3pt shooting.

You have to have a coach who can run a system to get open shots. Brooks can't do it and we don't even have players who would hit them anyway

Durant/Westbrook ISO ball overachieves like crazy
    4 yr sample size isn't big enough for you? Are you f'ing kidding me?

Brooks sucks. Its true. It doesn't let KD off the hook. And the foundation of this thread has fallen into a sink hole.

Default Re: Why do people act like Kevin Durant has had the same help as LeBron/Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Dunno about Kobe, but Lebron yes.... logic says he would have a much better chance in that 2007 Finals with for example Westbrook instead of Boobie Gibson (hell only Reggie Jackson would be MUCH better) and Ibaka instead of Ilgauskas... Scott Brook over Mike Brown.... and so on....
    Yeah, but if he played in the West against the competition Durant has faced, he would't have made the finals in the first place...

context.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    4 yr sample size isn't big enough for you? Are you f'ing kidding me?

Brooks sucks. Its true. It doesn't let KD off the hook. And the foundation of this thread has fallen into a sink hole.
    How many game sample size?

5? 10? And how many of those games actually meant something and weren't at the end of the year in garbage time?

4 years though. Good shit, dumbass. Now give us some advanced stats on how well Durant and LeBron did without their second best player.... which is actually more relevant

I'm waiting.

The one thing you can say about OKC is they get to the line a lot and hit their freethrows better than anyone in the league.

That's why they win so many close games. And that's largely because Durant gets there in volume and hits them at a 90% clip

Durant deserves an insane amount of credit for what he does for this team. He's the best player in the world, I know it hurts to admit, but he is. LeBron on this team would not magically make them a championship team. How would he? He can't shoot and he doesn't hit free throws at a high %. They would be way worse off with LeBron, way worse

Who would he be passing to? Perkins and Ibaka? Westbrook on the wing, who's a terrible outside shooter, and terrible catch and shoot player?

It would be a disaster

College superstar

How many game sample size?

5? 10? And how many of those games actually meant something and weren't at the end of the year in garbage time?

4 years though. Good shit, dumbass. Now give us some advanced stats on how well Durant and LeBron did without their second best player.... which is actually more relevant

I'm waiting.
    Its not the games he didn't play. Its all the minutes he wasn't in the game. Its in excess of 3200 minutes. Or 82 games at 40 min per game. Its a TON of data, and every last bit of it shows how wrong you are. AGAIN.

WTF does their second best player have to do with it. You said their supporting cast. Westbrook is his supporting cast and is about to show that he is a top 5 player when not restrained. You continue to move the goalposts. How KD does without Westbrook isn't the least bit relevant and I'm not going to bother parsing the data on that until you give me ONE valid explanation on how its relevant.

You dont have to worry about KD criticism from my side at least in that championship department, even if he never wins.... championships are overrated, in basketball individually it to me means nothing because this is a team game and that is a 100% team accomplishment, i dont think it should measure an INDIVIDUAL's ability to shoot, score, dribble, pass, defend.... do we really need to see a guys number of championships to determine how great of a baller a player is?

Kevin Durant is one of the 15 greatest players i ever seen play, one of 5 greatest perimeter players i ever seen and one of the most unique players i ever seen..... and i dont need to see any rings to determine that....

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Its not the games he didn't play. Its all the minutes he wasn't in the game. Its in excess of 3200 minutes. Or 82 games at 40 min per game. Its a TON of data, and every last bit of it shows how wrong you are. AGAIN.

WTF does their second best player have to do with it. You said their supporting cast. Westbrook is his supporting cast and is about to show that he is a top 5 player when not restrained. You continue to move the goalposts. How KD does without Westbrook isn't the least bit relevant and I'm not going to bother parsing the data on that until you give me ONE valid explanation on how its relevant.
    2 of those years with Harden coming off the bench, the next with Martin, and the next with Jackson. Everyone knows OKC started two of the worst offensive players in the league. Thabo/Perkins.

So it's really not relevant at all.

Nice try though

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    You dont have to worry about KD criticism from my side at least in that championship department, even if he never wins.... championships are overrated, in basketball individually it to me means nothing because this is a team game and that is a 100% team accomplishment, i dont think it should measure an INDIVIDUAL's ability to shoot, score, dribble, pass, defend.... do we really need to see a guys number of championships to determine how great of a baller a player is?

Kevin Durant is one of the 15 greatest players i ever seen play, one of 5 greatest perimeter players i ever seen and one of the most unique players i ever seen..... and i dont need to see any rings to determine that....

And I'm being honest here, I don't think anyone taking his place would do a better job with what he has around him. LeBron wouldn't fit well at all

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Prime Kobe and Westbrook might've been the deadliest combo ever. Ring? No. Ringssssss

College superstar

except for coaching, durant's had every bit of a help as kobe/lebron had.

westbrook = top 3 at his position
    harden = top 3 at his positon
    ibaka = top 2-3 defender at his position

before the harden trade, that was a big 4 with shooters for days. #STACKED

epic meltdown

fitting that OP has a clown icon

Local High School Star

And I'm being honest here, I don't think anyone taking his place would do a better job with what he has around him. LeBron wouldn't fit well at all
    Durant is a good player but he is seriously overated here. If he wants to win championships he has to develop a post game. Lebron won championships with his inside-out game but Durant is getting defended by Chris Paul...Durant just isn't at that level yet and thats the sad truth despite having a perfect team at this stage of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    Durant is a good player but he is seriously overated here. If he wants to win championships he has to develop a post game. Lebron won championships with his inside-out game but Durant is getting defended by Chris Paul...Durant just isn't at that level yet and thats the sad truth despite having a perfect team at this stage of his career.
    Exactly the shit I'm talking about.

So only teams with great big men and 3 pt. shooting have been winning for the last decade+ and somehow he has a perfect team around him, even though they don't have good big men and poor 3pt shooting. And the worst coach in the league with the worst offensive schemes in the history of basketball

Ahhhhhhh. The ignorance is real

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Lmao OP. No matter what you say about great big men, if Kobe had such a well rounded Team. Actually, forget it.

Your head is too far up your ass too see KD isn't on the level.