Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Misconceptions About Islam

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
    Are you the most arrogant son of a ***** in the world. Not all Muslims are Arabs.
    all muslims may not be arabs, but all arabs are terrorists and Atthedrivin is a temperamental son of a *****.

Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    How do you view the differences between a moslem and muslim?
    How do you view the differences between sunni and shia (shi-ite)?

1. Same thing

2. Sunnis were the people who thought anyone could takeover for the last Prophet Mohammed, not just his family. Shias thought that only his family could takeover. Thus a schism.

here is a question for you Agent Zero

Can Muslims marry out of their religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
    Mostly that we are the world power right now and our customs and traditions irritate them. Mostly it is because of Bush's actions.

Fair enough I guess. A lot of people over here don't like what Bush has done, and they are the main ones being affected by a lot of his decisions. People from their family(in Iraq) might have died, etc. If I was in the Middle East and someone from my family was injured/effected by the war in Iraq I'd be hateful towards the US. Heck even if I was in the Middle East I'd be annoyed/pissed that someone was messing with my region.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

are women aloud to have sex for pleasure...or just to reproduce?

Quote Originally Posted by poorlilrich
    here is a question for you Agent Zero

Can Muslims marry out of their religion?

A few Muslims i know have married out of their religions and there seems nothing wrong with it. Though it is not looked upon highly. Usually, they have the spouse convert, but if not, it's not a big deal. So basically yes, but very few muslims choose that path.

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    are women aloud to have sex for pleasure...or just to reproduce?

pleasure is the key. So yes, they are allowed. BUT during the month of Ramadan, the month of fasting, no intercourse, smoking, cursing, or any bad behavior is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMiller52
    Fair enough I guess. A lot of people over here don't like what Bush has done, and they are the main ones being affected by a lot of his decisions. People from their family(in Iraq) might have died, etc. If I was in the Middle East and someone from my family was injured/effected by the war in Iraq I'd be hateful towards the US. Heck even if I was in the Middle East I'd be annoyed/pissed that someone was messing with my region.
    Exactly.

pleasure is the key. So yes, they are allowed. BUT during the month of Ramadan, the month of fasting, no intercourse, smoking, cursing, or any bad behavior is allowed.
    what if you overhear someone in your family cursing or see someone smoking, do you have to tell the head of your house or the priest (is that what they are called?)?

Defense? Whats that? The Italian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
    Are you the most arrogant son of a ***** in the world. Not all Muslims are Arabs.
    What was wrong with the question he asked?

Quote Originally Posted by poorlilrich
    what if you overhear someone in your family cursing or see someone smoking, do you have to tell the head of your house or the priest (is that what they are called?)?

telling on a fellow muslim brother is prohibited, unless it is something extreme, such as thoughts of suicide, which is an automatic ticket to hell. They will pay for it in afterlife.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by BradMiller52
    first off...Bush didn't cause 9/11

they hated us before Bush did anything at all

second....much of Iraq is upset tht we didn't come sooner....I have freinds over there and some of the citizens treat them like gods....those people weren't allowed to use cell phones until now.

you saw them draging Sadam's statue around....they loved it. His people where raping and killing the citizens at will....they are very happy he is gone.

telling on a fellow muslim brother is prohibited, unless it is something extreme, such as thoughts of suicide, which is an automatic ticket to hell. They will pay for it in afterlife.
    Wow i never knew that; so is it prohibited to report a crime to the cops or to testify in court?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    first off...Bush didn't cause 9/11

they hated us before Bush did anything at all

second....much of Iraq is upset tht we didn't come sooner....I have freinds over there and some of the citizens treat them like gods....those people weren't allowed to use cell phones until now.

you saw them draging Sadam's statue around....they loved it. His people where raping and killing the citizens at will....they are very happy he is gone.
    the place still isnt any better then it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    the place still isnt any better then it was.

Exactly.