Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Kevin Love goes for the 30/30

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I guess I should answer "The Question":

I stickied this thread because for the first time since I've been paying attention to basketball a player got 30 points and 30 rebounds in an NBA game. If a player just went for 30 rebounds I would have stickied it, but tacking on 30 points makes it, in my eyes, the most significant statistical accomplishment of the season to date.

Some of you may disagree with the sticky, that's fine, but who amongst you has ever seen anyone go for 30 points and 30 rebounds live in an NBA game?

And now you know. You may stop asking "the Question."
    People are complaining because its Kevin love he is one of those players no matter what he does he gets hated on.

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Kevin Love goes for the 30/30

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard
    WTF is the "close" about? Love didn't set any records. He just hogged a bunch of boards, shot the ball like crap, and defended poorly.

Rondo DID set a record for assists through so-many games. I think it was 3 or 4 where he had the record. Kobe DID set the record for fastest to 26k. No "close" about it.
    Rondo getting the most assists through the first 3 or 4 games is a silly record. Who cares. Maybe it's worth mentioning on ESPN or ISH but it's not a big deal. If he broke the single game assist record, that would be a big deal. It's like "KG just broke the record for most double doubles by a player on Tuesdays during the month of November". Who freaking cares. No one even keeps track of sh*t like that except ESPN stat nerds trying to give commentators something to say.

Kobe being the youngest to 26k points is a slightly bigger deal, but still not that big of a deal. He breaks the youngest player to X points record every night he plays. 26K is just an arbitrary number.

If you can't see the difference between those records and a stat line that no one has put up in 28 years... I hadn't even turned 1 yet the last time that happened. It is something that 95% of the posters here have never seen in their lifetime. Something that Shaq, Duncan, Dwight Howard, and a ton of other greats have never done.

It's pretty ridiculous to say that someone who got 31 points and 31 rebounds had a "mediocre" game. Jesus H. Christ. The point is not how well he played anyway, the point is the extremely rare, unbelievable stat line.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard
    It gets stickied because he's white.