Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default "What's it gonna be Dave?" by Levity and co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89LrLXQhXuw

a short, little video my friends and I made this past Sunday. Hopefully some of you dig it.

Default Re: "What's it gonna be Dave?" by Levity and co

funny

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    funny

Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

   

well done.

what was the production like?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    well done.

what was the production like?
    thanks!

it was pretty straightforward. we're friends with the owner of the bar, so he let us start setting up at 5 that morning. started filming around 6, the same time the bar opened and a few locals came pouring in (was surprised how many old timers needed their 6 am drink). spent about 4 hours filming scenes there. the setting up of the lights is what took the most time. and then after, did the rest of the scenes at one house in about 2 hours time.

there were a handful of cutaways we took out, mainly to make it feel closer to a "real" commercial. overall, were happy with it, but are even more thrilled in knowing how accessible doing stuff like this is for us.

the guy talking to dave at the end of the clip, is going to be on a comedy central stand up special later this month. so the whole point of writing and producing this was so he can have some online content to his name, when said special drops.

Are you Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Are you Dave?
    haha nah. dave is the father-in-law of one of my buddies in this

   

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    thanks!

it was pretty straightforward. we're friends with the owner of the bar, so he let us start setting up at 5 that morning. started filming around 6, the same time the bar opened and a few locals came pouring in (was surprised how many old timers needed their 6 am drink). spent about 4 hours filming scenes there. the setting up of the lights is what took the most time. and then after, did the rest of the scenes at one house in about 2 hours time.

there were a handful of cutaways we took out, mainly to make it feel closer to a "real" commercial. overall, were happy with it, but are even more thrilled in knowing how accessible doing stuff like this is for us.

the guy talking to dave at the end of the clip, is going to be on a comedy central stand up special later this month. so the whole point of writing and producing this was so he can have some online content to his name, when said special drops.
    cool beans, thx for explaining. it still amazes me how much production time even the shortest of creations require. actually it sounds like you all were extremely efficient in terms of the industry norms.

and wow... a bar that opens at 6AM... and regulars who need a drink that early...??

makes me feel a little better about my own borderline alcoholism, lol.

good job, op

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    makes me feel a little better about my own borderline alcoholism, lol.
    haha no kidding. they were a "unique" bunch. one of them was trying/failing to make us laugh during filming by repeatedly making that pvssy licking face with his hands and mouth. it didnt make us laugh, more just made us feel uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    good job, op
    <3

What did you shoot with tell me about your sound equipment. Noticed a lot of noise in one outdoor shot

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    What did you shoot with tell me about your sound equipment. Noticed a lot of noise in one outdoor shot
    honestly, i have no idea. i mainly did the writing for it. the guy who did the filming is a videographer for Vans (shoes) commercials. so his boss let us use a bunch of their professional equipment. but ill ask him about it and let you know.

this pointless, little video we made sort of led us to something "substantial". Randomly, the Southern California Partnership for Jobs came across it, loved it, and want us to write some "real" commercials for them. were meeting with them next week to pitch ideas. so i just wanted to share my joy

and if any of you watched this and liked it, you may be pleased to hear that the next video were making later this week was inspired by you guys and your new found love for tacomas!! no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    this pointless, little video we made sort of led us to something "substantial". Randomly, the Southern California Partnership for Jobs came across it, loved it, and want us to write some "real" commercials for them. were meeting with them next week to pitch ideas. so i just wanted to share my joy

and if any of you watched this and liked it, you may be pleased to hear that the next video were making later this week was inspired by you guys and your new found love for tacomas!! no joke.
    All i want to know is if the video has a tacoma in it????