Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Your boy needs some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    My ideas are unique and different, but it's practical. Looking for a job in demand and then attaining the required skills to get the position? That's common knowledge dumbsh*t. For example, if a job requires knowledge of microsoft word, powerpoint, etc. then you are more likely to get that position with a 6 month certificate than someone who got a bachelors in music.
    Lol what the **** are you talking about? You're talking about jobs that require Office like it's 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Lol what the **** are you talking about? You're talking about jobs that require Office like it's 1998.
    You obviously don't know sh*t about the market place. You will be surprise how companies are looking for microsoft office skills since it is the standard for most companies in america, and if you work for a big company, these jobs pay pretty well.

Companies are looking for immediate skills; and for example, like I said management skills, if you are certified as a manager, some companies will hire you straight into management, and this certification takes less than a year in some programs. Sure beats your bachelors in the archaeology of rocks, which is useless to the company, and you'll definitely be overlooked by someone who has the skills they want, but didn't go to school as long as you did.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Communication is one of the biggest cop outs I've seen as far as higher learning goes. It's about as relevant as an arts degree really.
    I'd stray away from something like management of any sort, including business too.
    As much as you hate engineering, it is something to push for IMO. Economics, Engineering or Law would be a decent pathway to follow IMO.

If you're looking for a degree that will pave many pathways for you, do Economics, not Communications like you suggested. It is a far more respected and well looked upon degree.
    If you're up for it, go for Engineering though. It is a lot of work though.
    Not everyone should push to be an engineer. Not every has the right mindset for that field and some people just aren't smart enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Not everyone should push to be an engineer. Not every has the right mindset for that field and some people just aren't smart enough.
    Completely agree, though by the sounds of it, OP is quite clever.

From what I've gathered, Engineering is one of the hardest courses out just in terms of pure course work and workload. If you can dedicate yourself to that, you should, since I have never met an Engineer with a poor wage. Well, not here in Australia at least. 6 figures is the go...

You obviously don't know sh*t about the market place. You will be surprise how companies are looking for microsoft office skills since it is the standard for most companies in america, and if you work for a big company, these jobs pay pretty well.

Companies are looking for immediate skills; and for example, like I said management skills, if you are certified as a manager, some companies will hire you straight into management, and this certification takes less than a year in some programs. Sure beats your bachelors in the archaeology of rocks, which is useless to the company, and you'll definitely be overlooked by someone who has the skills they want, but didn't go to school as long as you did.
    You're a clueless idiot.

You're a clueless idiot.
    What's your argument then fairy boy? You don't believe looking for a job that is in demand is relevant? You believe getting any degree will land you a job? You don't believe targetting a specific job and finding ways to attain that job is relevant? Stop acting like what you look like and man up a bit.

Take on the argument.

There is a reason why unemployment is so high; you kids don't know sh*t about what it takes to make it in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    The real reason why employers are looking for someone with a degree because if you can commit yourself to a 4-year institution and follow rules then you can follow their rules. It is like the prison system, you get institutionalized so they can boss us sheeps around.

At least that is how I see it.

To be honest, anyone can be an entrepreneur with hard work and luck. You don't need an institution to tell you that. While being institutionalized, don't lose your soul to the system.
    I'm surprised no one quoted this yet. This is actually a good post. This is the truth that most people will fail see because they're too busy getting their life dictated and being brainwashed by the society.

What's your argument then fairy boy? You don't believe looking for a job that is in demand is relevant? You believe getting any degree will land you a job? You don't believe targetting a specific job and finding ways to attain that job is relevant? Stop acting like what you look like and man up a bit.

Take on the argument.

There is a reason why unemployment is so high; you kids don't know sh*t about what it takes to make it in the real world.
    What's your education and who do you work for?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    I'm surprised no one quoted this yet. This is actually a good post. This is the truth that most people will fail see because they're too busy getting their life dictated and being brainwashed by the society.
    Because that's 20 year old "edgy" thought. Yes we already know that high school and college are about acclimating youth to the modern workplace and authority structure.

Banned

You have no idea how corporate America works.

As a matter of fact, they emphasize software. You would be surprised how much people don't know about Office.

They don't want you to just know it. They want you to know it from the inside-out. You should be able to format documents with the quickness. Know every Excel formula and how to make table and pivots.

You're a clueless idiot.
    Euroleague's brother confirmed.

As a matter of fact, they emphasize software. You would be surprised how much people don't know about Office.

They don't want you to just know it. They want you to know it from the inside-out. You should be able to format documents with the quickness. Know every Excel formula and how to make table and pivots.
    You could teach someone that shit in a week though.

I have a bachelors. Graduated with honors. Attained a great career (not job). If I knew what I'm telling you kids right now, the road would of been a lot easier for me.

You got to study the market place; understand what jobs are in demand; figure out what companies are on the rise in the place you want to work at. For example, you would be better off collecting cans than being a doctor in San Fransico since the field is over saturated. You wouldn't want to get a psychology degree if you're in silicon valley so on and so forth. Figure out what the market place demands. Maybe you don't even need a bachelors; maybe that six figure salary only requires a specific certification that takes less time. Work smarter, not harder. Sure a lot of companies will hire you if you have a bachelors degree, but what I'm proposing is to figure out what specific degree the company is looking for and to target those degrees instead of something random like a BA in music.

You're an internet troll who's full of shit. You lie about your pool cue, your home theater, your education; everything. You're a joke. Anyone looking for career advice don't listen to these morons.

I'm have a bachelors. Graduated with honors. Attained a great career (not job). If I knew what I'm telling you kids right now, the road would of been a lot easier for me.

You got to study the market place; understand what jobs are in demand; figure out what companies are on the rise in the place you want to work at. For example, you would be better off collecting cans than being a doctor in San Fransico since the field is over saturated. You wouldn't want to get a psychology degree if you're in silicon valley so on and so forth. Figure out what the market place demands. Maybe you don't even need a bachelors; maybe that six figure salary only requires a specific certification that takes less time. Work smarter, not harder. Sure a lot of companies will hire you if you have a bachelors degree, but what I'm proposing is to figure out what specific degree the company is looking for and to target those degrees instead of something random like a BA in music.
    Let's see some proof of your BA. You're full of shit and you're an idiot.