Default There's always next year

Is that not the ultimate slogan in Cleveland or even all of us in Northeast Ohio? I'm tired of hearing it. We are in the spot you don't want to be in. Not good enough for the playoffs, not bad enough for a good draft pick. This season was disappointing on so many levels. Everyone thought this would be the year we would return to the playoffs. I mean, on paper, we should of been 4th or 5th seed in the weak east. Nothing against Mike Brown but bringing him back was a mistake. If anything, they should of kept Scott for offense and put Brown on defense, both are being paid anyways. So, we finally got our kids looking good and they bring in an entire new coaching staff. Bynum was a gamble. Everyone knew that going in but we did get a Deng rental out of it. Nobody could predict Jarrett Jack would pull a Larry Hughes on us. By that, I mean he was probably the best bench guard in the league last year and he just wasn't that this year for us. It would of just been nice being back in the playoffs even if we were a first round knock out. I think every Cavs fan would of loved to see Cleveland vs. Miami in the playoffs. Just one game victory at the Q qould of been pretty sweet.

So, IDK what will happen next year. Dion looks great. Andy has to play well, its the last year of his contract. Deng and Hawes will probably walk. And of course, who knows what LeBron is going to do, my gut says he stays with Miami one more year though. It probably will depend if they 3 peat or not. Cavs fans, it sucks this year happened like this but I do have faith in this young core we have, if we can keep them all together. We need another piece though. Time to go shopping this July.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: There's always next year

I'm not wild about Hawes, but if they decide to keep him I won't lose any sleep over it.

Brown's schemes help to alleviate his defensive deficiencies and on offense i can't deny he opens things up.

IMO jack didn't really pan out, but if Kyrie or Dion went out for extended periods of time he's a nice piece to have around. I wouldn't mind keeping him, i doubt he has much value around the league. His contract isn't exactly the most friendly but it's not awful.

I absolutely hated Byron. I thought he was one of the worst coaches EVER for the cavs. Instilled/fostered a lot of sh*tty habits in Kyrie and Dion. Players gave up on him. It's clear as day to me that Mike Brown has 50x the relationship with Dion than Byron Scott did.

I just want CJ to come back healthy, have Karasev come back a little bigger, and AB coming back w/ more confidence, and for the Cavs to some find a way to get a rim protector.

Can't wait for summer league.