Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Isiah Thomas: "Michael Jordan couldnt have played through those cramps".

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    Well isnt this no shit to everyone that's had a cramp b4
    Yep.

Default Re: Isiah Thomas: "Michael Jordan couldnt have played through those cramps".

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Nobody really knows how serious it was but Lebron, and ofc there are players "tougher" than others but in my mind I can't believe Bron just checked himself out if it wasn't a really reason for it. Within his limitations he most likely just couldn't play anymore, plus when you can't "walk off" the cramps and they're really intense you're screwed.
    He did put on too much theatrics for my liking, like he had to show the world he couldn't really play, be a man about your business and don't act like a bitch. And ofc Bron's stans are gonna get joked about it, just how it goes, and stay salty, calm the **** down.
    Another thing that "gets me" is that the cramps only happen in big games for him, or at least when he expresses it....

Like in Game 6 ('12) against Boston? Game 1 ('13) against the Pacers? Games 6 and 7 ('13) against the Spurs? Did he also "fake" (or "express") it against the Celtics in '10, Magic in '09, Mavs in '11, Spurs in '07, etc.? Those were all pretty big games as well, right? I didn't know that LeBron was never supposed to get injured.

You are one sad pathetic hater. Go back to think that Bird is better than LeBron (LOL!) or overrating the players from the '80's. Idiot.

Isiah Thomas's word on relating anything about Michael Jordan should be taken with a grain of salt. This is the same guy who apparently orchestrated a freeze out against Jordan during 85 all-star game. The rivals his Pistons team had against the Bulls are legendary throughout the course of NBA history and there was obvious bad blood there, along with Thomas getting snubbed for the 92 Olympics.

Thomas decides to cop himself out by saying he couldn't play through it, even though he's the same guy who played on incredibly bad ankle in game 5 of the 88 Finals. That situation is pretty similar to James's cramp game. Now obviously, if it's serious cramp, you can't play and I understand. I know this because I've had bad cramps before and I defended James's situation last night since he's a bigger guy and he probably couldn't move well.

But really, I can't help to think this is obvious agenda on Thomas's part. Just like John Salley had agenda on Jordan in the recent years as well, but that's another story. Whatever, though. I just don't take his evaluation on basketball games/talent all that serious (Raptors/Knicks GM tenure for example). Why did be pick Jordan's name ? He could have picked anyone but he picked him ?

College superstar

Other athletes tweet about playing with cramps:

Chris Long ✔ @JOEL9ONE
    Follow

Cramps are real. We had a guy with full body cramps ask to "call the police." Not the ambulance. The police.
    10:37 PM - 5 Jun 2014

Donte' Stallworth ✔ @DonteStallworth
    Follow

ANY person seriously saying Lebron should have played through full leg cramps bc Jordan played with flu has NEVER been an athlete EVER....
    10:56 PM - 5 Jun 2014

Dominique Wilkins ✔ @DWilkins21
    Follow

Cramps are absolutely the worst to contend with.
    10:34 PM - 5 Jun 2014

Geoff Schwartz ✔ @geoffschwartz
    Follow

Playing thru a flu, and having full body cramps aren't the same. You can't move w/full body cramps.
    6:25 AM - 6 Jun 2014

Marcellus Wiley ✔ @marcelluswiley
    Follow

I played w/a broken toe b4, but couldn't even stand up w/cramps. Lebron's at a disadvantage in heat because of his level of lean muscle mass
    11:36 PM - 5 Jun 2014
    http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/...mps-nba-finals

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I only question his preparation for the game. This is 2nd time LeBron has had to leave a playoff game for leg cramps. Perhaps he isn't physically preparing himself for the game properly.
    Doesn't seem to be the case:

There was a time when James used to carry around a gallon jug of water during the postseason, sipping from it throughout the day.

"Playoff sweat is different from regular-season sweat," he said back in 2011 when he was using that method.

James said he made sure to proceed with his normal routine to store up fluids leading up to the game. When the temperatures reached near 90 degrees on the court in the second half, he reached a critical mass.

As soon as he felt the humidity gathering in the building in the first half, James knew he was in trouble. He tried to load up on fluids at halftime, and there was a bag filled with lids from various drinks next to his locker after the game that provided the evidence. He changed his uniform, and the team's trainers applied ice to his head and neck to attempt to cool down his core.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014...ng-san-antonio

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Like in Game 6 ('12) against Boston? Game 1 ('13) against the Pacers? Games 6 and 7 ('13) against the Spurs? Did he also "fake" (or "express") it against the Celtics in '10, Magic in '09, Mavs in '11, Spurs in '07, etc.? Those were all pretty big games as well, right? I didn't know that LeBron was never supposed to get injured.

You are one sad pathetic hater. Go back to think that Bird is better than LeBron (LOL!) or overrating the players from the '80's. Idiot.

Damn, you're salty af

If antything my post was "defending" Lebron. Why you bring up all that? What a big overreaction Did I say he never had a great game in the Playoffs or something? All I said is that something similar happened before with him on a big game too. These ****ing stans, all psycho and shit

Oooh big LOL Again, everyone who knows their stuff (clearly not you) will tell you that Bird's peak/prime > LeBron's peak/prime, even though it's very close. Yea I'm always overrating players
    Go back to sucking Lebron's ****. Ignorant tool.

Last edited by SHAQisGOAT; 06-06-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT

Damn, you're salty af

If antything my post was "defending" Lebron. Why you bring up all that? What a big overreaction Did I say he never had a great game in the Playoffs or something? All I said is that something similar happened before with him on a big game too. These ****ing stans, all psycho and shit

Oooh big LOL Again, everyone who knows their stuff (clearly not you) will tell you that Bird's peak/prime > LeBron's peak/prime, even though is close. Yea I'm always overrating players
    Go back to sucking Lebron's ****. Ignorant tool.

You're mad.

You should seriously stick to watching '80's games and overrating those players.

Didn't Bird have like 2 8 points games in the '81 Finals? What did he average 15 PPG?

28 points on 29 shots in an elimination game agains the Lakers.

18 points on 19 shots per game against the Sixers.

Lets also not forget that LeBron has 1,500 points and 100 assists more than Bird while playing 50 fewer games.

Since Bird is an ultimate clutch player and he was huge in the playoffs, he had 400 points less than LeBron while playing 10 games more.

So, yeah. LeBron at 29 > Larry Bird.

Go back to sucking '80's dick though.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    You're mad.

You should seriously stick to watching '80's games and overrating those players.

Didn't Bird have like 2 8 points games in the '81 Finals? What did he average 15 PPG?

28 points on 29 shots in an elimination game agains the Lakers.

18 points on 19 shots per game against the Sixers.

Lets also not forget that LeBron has 1,500 points and 100 assists more than Bird while playing 50 fewer games.

Since Bird is an ultimate clutch player and he was huge in the playoffs, he had 400 points less than LeBron while playing 10 games more.

So, yeah. LeBron at 29 > Larry Bird.

Go back to sucking '80's dick though.

Isiah iz getting paid to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by navy

That dude is annoying as [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]uck. Seriously, read his previous posts. He would have you believe that a borderline All-Star from the '80's would be a top 5 player today.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    Isiah iz getting paid to lie.
    Are all of the other athletes getting paid to lie as well?

Quote Originally Posted by edrick
    many are, believe it or not, plus Isiah basically was in tha damn finals with one damn leg man and scored over 20 helping his team win that's worse than sum damn cramps

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Isiah Thomas's word on relating anything about Michael Jordan should be taken with a grain of salt. This is the same guy who apparently orchestrated a freeze out against Jordan during 85 all-star game. The rivals his Pistons team had against the Bulls are legendary throughout the course of NBA history and there was obvious bad blood there, along with Thomas getting snubbed for the 92 Olympics.

Thomas decides to cop himself out by saying he couldn't play through it, even though he's the same guy who played on incredibly bad ankle in game 5 of the 88 Finals. That situation is pretty similar to James's cramp game. Now obviously, if it's serious cramp, you can't play and I understand. I know this because I've had bad cramps before and I defended James's situation last night since he's a bigger guy and he probably couldn't move well.

But really, I can't help to think this is obvious agenda on Thomas's part. Just like John Salley had agenda on Jordan in the recent years as well, but that's another story. Whatever, though. I just don't take his evaluation on basketball games/talent all that serious (Raptors/Knicks GM tenure for example). Why did be pick Jordan's name ? He could have picked anyone but he picked him ?
    I don't view Isiah's comments as necessarily reflective of any inherent anti- MJ bias. They were a response to the barrage of reflexive criticism against Lebron which often stated some variation of "Lebron will never be MJ. MJ would never have 'wimped' out during a finals game. He played with the flu." That type of reply was all over social media and even this board last night. It seems as if Isiah only mentioned MJ in response to that.

Quote Originally Posted by edrick
    Probably not, but I don't trust Isiah's word on anything related to Jordan. He has agenda regarded to anything about Jordan and his Bulls teammates/team.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    I don't view Isiah's comments as necessarily reflective of any inherent anti- MJ bias. They were a response to the barrage of reflexive criticism against Lebron which often stated some variation of "Lebron will never be MJ. MJ would never have 'wimped' out during a finals game. He played with the flu." That type of reply was all over social media and even this board last night. It seems as if Isiah only mentioned MJ in response to that.
    If it's in the context of that, I can agree with that. It just seemsthat Isiah isn't a guy you would really trust about a comment like that. I will say this, it is pretty humbling from himself that he wasn't trying to boast about playing on that ankle in the 88 Finals.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    many are, believe it or not, plus Isiah basically was in tha damn finals with one damn leg man and scored over 20 helping his team win that's worse than sum damn cramps
    I bet you believe you this. Conspiracy theorists. lol

And, no, if the entire leg is cramping, that is worse. Lebron wouldn't be able to guard anyone, he would have been a liability.
    Last edited by edrick; 06-06-2014 at 09:48 AM.