Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    1 week avy bet..... RedZiggyZag's Avatar

Default All-Time Rankings: Jason Kidd vs Allen Iverson

Who was the better player of all-time to you? Career and Prime-wise, and who would you rather have on your team? They are usually the ones being debated for the All-Decade 1st team. Just curious on all your thoughts.

Banned

Default Re: All-Time Rankings: Jason Kidd vs Allen Iverson

AI by alot in my book.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BoNafidde's Avatar

I rather have Jason Kidd

Aaaaaaand ISH to start going on about how AI is overrated and not in Kidd's league in 3... 2...

Not airballing my layups anymore

Kidd is the better player and it's not even close. A cancer like Iverson should never be compared to a player like Jason Kidd.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthug
    Kidd is the better player and it's not even close. A cancer like Iverson should never be compared to a player like Jason Kidd.
    There we have it folks! And /thread!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    There we have it folks! And /thread!
    Lol anybody who didn't expect it doesn't know how much people under rated Iverson anymore.

It's close, but I'd take Kidd slightly over AI. For example, if Kidd is number 36 All-Time, AI is number 42 or something like that.

College star

All depends on my team. But AI 9/10 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    AI by alot in my book.
    If Iverson, the cancer, is the better player, then why haven't any teams signed him yet?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthug
    If Iverson, the cancer, is the better player, then why haven't any teams signed him yet?
    Maybe because he sucks anymore..... pretty obvious answer. Didn't the thing say in their primes or their overall careers?

7-time NBA All-Star

I'll take Kidd in his prime and for his career. He was better at everything except scoring and he's one of the best of all time at making his teammates better. Just ask Richard Jefferson and Kenyon Martin. Great all around player who was the best rebounding point guard since Magic and one of the best rebounding guards ever, one of the all time great passers and playmakers, an excellent defender in his prime and while he didn't need to score to impact a game, he could score.

In his prime people forget that Jason was a crafty scorer who may have never been a pure scorer, but he could find a way to put the ball in the basket when his team needed him to, whether it be a floating shot in the lane, a layup on the fastbreak or a 3. He imposed his will on games and completely changed the identity of the Nets overnight.

The Nets traded Stephon Marbury, an all-star point guard who averaged 24 and 8 and got Kidd, and they double their win total from the previous year while making it to the finals. They went from being the 23rd ranked defense to the 1st ranked defense and it was because of Kidd.

Kidd averaged 15, 7 and 10 with over 2 steals, but in the playoffs he averaged almost 20 points, 8 rebounds and 9 assists while improving his shooting percentage from 39.1% to 41.5% and he led the team in scoring, rebounding, assists and steals. He was the reason why they made it to the finals. There's a reason why he was 2nd in MVP voting.

The next season he proved the Nets were no fluke by leading them in scoring with nearly 19 ppg and assists with about 9 per game game while averaging over 6 rebounds and a team leading 2.2 steals per game. Once again he stepped up his game in the playoffs averaging 20, 8 and 8 and making it back to the finals and actually giving the Spurs a competitive series. In fact if not for his injury the next season the Nets probably would have made it back to the finals.

Kidd is 3rd all time in triple doubles and assists. Plus he's 7th all time in steals and 4th among guards all time in rebounds.

career wise when we look back on it AI will look like the better player. prime wise I would go with jason because i enjoy players getting each other involved and that is what he did. if AI would have realized he would have made a much better PG than SG with his speed and quickness i think he would have a much greater legacy. but he is a true scoring PG/SG and he chose his path which has led him to the troubles he's in unfortunately...

If the great Jason Kidd was sooooo great, why did he get traded so many times? Even while he was at his peak? Don't get me wrong, what he did for RJeff and KMart was nice, but if I was in a foxhole, gimme Iverson in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Maybe because he sucks anymore..... pretty obvious answer. Didn't the thing say in their primes or their overall careers?
    At least we can agree that he sucks right now then.