Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Stats: Kevin Durant has been a better defender than Lebron James this season

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    Can't wait to see how gino (dmavs) will spin this...
    Spin what?

Durant has been solid defensively this year.....why do you think I would care about that?

Lebron's numbers are very good as well. And Lebron is also the better help/weak side/transition defender.

You act like Lebron isn't playing very good defense so far this year. Durant just happens to be playing some quality defense as well.

LOL

Default Re: Stats: Kevin Durant has been a better defender than Lebron James this season

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    LOL @ this apologist... you can't cling to per and ts and all that bullshit and also discredit advanced defensive stats cause they are one and the same, either uphold both or none. But but "Lebron is a great defender."

keep preaching the hype brah

I don't remember ever paying any credence, much less "clinging", to per or TS or any that other "bullshit". In fact, I just posted earlier that outside of blocks and steals I don't pay attention to any of these advanced statistics. Not that steals and blocks tell the story, but they're relevant statistics and big bits to add to the whole.

I said that the thing that has been really impressive about Lebron's defense, in the playoffs and particularly this year, is his activity off the ball. I didn't say anything about any statistics, but in fact about actually watching the game.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 01-03-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    How is this a delusional/fantasy statement when I am using statistics to back up my case? You are just mad that someone is better than Lebron at something.
    Its delusional/fantasy statement considering:

1. Lebron has been MUCH better defender 24-7.. to the point where it would be outrageous saying somebody like that sceletor is a better (and not to mention versatile) defender....
    2. You didnt include all the defensive stats (like defensive winshares: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ws_top_10.html) nor do you care about the visual... as in watching the actual games (even if you did, your blinded biased mind wouldnt care about what was going on in order to boost your delusional/fantasy statement instead)

there u go
    Last edited by pauk; 01-03-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Its delusional/fantasy statement considering:

1. Lebron has been MUCH better defender 24-7.. to the point where it would be outrageous saying somebody like that sceletor is a better (and not to mention versatile) defender....
    2. You didnt include all the defensive stats nor do you care about the visual... as in watching the actual games (even if you did, your blinded biased mind wouldnt care about what was going on in order to boost your delusional/fantasy statement instead)

there u go
    So you pretty much have nothing? Yeah I'll stick to the credible stats that I found from a site sponsored by NBA.com. It shows you that Durant is a better defender than LBJ does this season. It at least shows that Durant is the better man defender since offensive players have an easier time scoring against Lebron than they do with Durant.

Banned

Durant has definitely not been better then Lebron. Nor has he even been good. He's actually looked really bad on D so far. I don't know if I just never noticed how bad he is, but he really is terrible this season.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nbaballllller's Avatar

Man to man defence lebron has been lazy this season. He doesnt make much effort to stay infront of his man.

When lebron goes full out he is a great defender who can defend all 5 positions (obviously depending on who is playing what position), but ive been disappointed with his effort so far this season.

He is definitely a better defender than durant but durant does have the phsique to become better and better (like he is doing)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Stop calling it a season. It's been 1 week!!!

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Best post of this thread!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

I applaud u sir.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Durant has definitely not been better then Lebron. Nor has he even been good. He's actually looked really bad on D so far. I don't know if I just never noticed how bad he is, but he really is terrible this season.
    /This

kkling
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

We must be watching different games, because Durant is just as bad as he always has been.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kkling
    We must be watching different games, because Durant is just as bad as he always has been.
    I am not basing this on the games I have watched this season although Durant does look like he has improved defensively. I am basing this statement on the stats used by Synergy Sports, and that site is sponsored by NBA.com. I suggest you take it for what it is worth. They also have video examples on that site of what happened. If you have an account on that site you could watch each and every video of their offense and defense, if you don't have an account on that site you can only watch 3 videos of each category listed.

If that site is reliable Tyson Chandler has been a better defender than Dwight so far.

sorry brah, but I find it hard to believe

Well, you live by the stats, you die by the stats.