Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Stats: Kevin Durant has been a better defender than Lebron James this season

I am not sure if I really believe this myself but I would like to say that Kevin Durant has improved significantly defensively this season. It shows on the advanced defensive stats. Durant has improved so much defensively that at this moment Durant has had better defensive stats than Lebron.

The first one is Durant's defensive stats and the second one is Lebron's defensive stats.

These defensive stats were found on mySynergySports.com. It is a very credible source for advanced statistics for offense and defense.

Default Re: Stats: Kevin Durant has been a better defender than Lebron James this season

What does %SF mean?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Stats: Kevin Durant has been a better defender than Lebron James this season

Chris Paul>Derrick Rose defensively too.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Chris Paul>Derrick Rose defensively too.
    ....does that have any relevance to this thread?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen

A ton. He's showing a Sports Synergy chart..... I compared the two considering Bulls fans think Rose has a big defensive edge. It showed CP3 has a pretty clear edge. It's on the topic of Sports Synergy/defense.

Decent playground baller Stat & Melo's Avatar

No, that's just him justifying to himself trading Kaman, Gordon and twolves 1st round unprotected pick in a really deep draft for a fat, out of shape cp3.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    A ton. He's showing a Sports Synergy chart..... I compared the two considering Bulls fans think Rose has a big defensive edge. It showed CP3 has a pretty clear edge. It's on the topic of Sports Synergy/defense.
    No is not, don't be a b1tch, and Rose is 10 times the defensive player Paul is, don't be a delusional spoiled little brat. The end, back to the topic, Durant has improved a lot this year, he stays with his man and he should use his big hands to alter more shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Stat & Melo
    No, that's just him justifying to himself trading Kaman, Gordon and twolves 1st round unprotected pick in a really deep draft for a fat, out of shape cp3.
    ... Gordon is already injured, Kaman is riding the pine and Minnesota looks really good right now and like they might make playoffs. Yup... I'm bitter and trying to justify .

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

sample size

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    What does %SF mean?
    Shots fouled. I found out by clicking the number underlined in blue for %SF. The videos showed fouls so I suspect it just means shot fouls percentage.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    In b4 the apologists.... oh wait.
    apologists and realists aren't the same thing

Anyone not talking about Durant's defense vs. Lebron's just be quiet. Chris Paul has nothing to do with this thread. Gordon has nothing to do with this thread. Derrick Rose has nothing to do with this thread. Stop being so annoying.

I noticed in the first few games how good Durant's iso defense looked. Maybe not this year, but next year I expect Durant to become a great defender.

I always thought Lebron was getting overrated as a defender. This guy was the runner up for DPOTY in 2009 and that's just ridiculous. He'd become a great defender over 3 seasons but it was going overboard. But in the playoffs he took it up and if you watch him this season his activity off the ball is pretty remarkable. So the answer is no, there is no way Durant is as good or has been as good this year, defensively. Defensive breakdowns and synergy and all that equals who gives a shit.

But Durant has been very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    Can't wait to see how gino (dmavs) will spin this...
    Watch some games. Get Kobe's balls out of your face. You couldn't see clearly. LeBron is playing some solid defense this season. (2.4 spg, and 1.4 bpg). When LeBron is sitting on the bench the heat is struggling defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    So the answer is no, there is no way Durant is as good or has been as good this year, defensively. Defensive breakdowns and synergy and all that equals who gives a shit.

But Durant has been very good.

LOL @ this apologist... you can't cling to per and ts and all that bullshit and also discredit advanced defensive stats cause they are one and the same, either uphold both or none. But but "Lebron is a great defender."

keep preaching the hype brah