Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Kobe reminds me of Larry Bird as someone fortunate to watch both....

For those of you that have never seen Larry Bird, this was Larry's game, the ability to drop 30 points on jumpers and post moves, anywhere on the floor. It is quite impressive to see Larry's game and Kobe right now, entering his twilight, looks a lot like Bird with that wet jumper.

How many players besides Bird and Kobe can drop 30 on jumpers alone. Besides the usual culprit such as MJ. I am thinking:

Bernard King
    Adrian Dantley
    Paul Pierce - prime

Default Re: Kobe reminds me of Larry Bird as someone fortunate to watch both....

Carmelo...

Default Re: Kobe reminds me of Larry Bird as someone fortunate to watch both....

Steph Curry
    Reggie Miller
    Ray Allen

From my childhood:

Quote Originally Posted by 9erEmpire
    I was too young to watch Larry Bird and instead of helping with the history of basketball....you erase the thread.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=247127

Banned

It is amazing that Bird can play like 36yr old Kobe or Kobe playing like prime Bird.

The ability is uncanny, just getting off shots anywhere on the floor.

It is a thing of beauty to see him get to spots without the ball.

Learning to shoot layups

Kobe is still amazing, but I have to give it to Dirk. He is still imo the best shooter in todays league. You can throw Curry, but I trust Dirk to win me a game in crunch time. From catch and shoot position and from 15-20 feet, there is nobody better. Plus he has such an advantage being that tall. Hence the reason he has had that kind of longevity. I appreciate Kobe though, he definitely works on his skills.

+repped.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    For those of you that have never seen Larry Bird, this was Larry's game, the ability to drop 30 points on jumpers and post moves, anywhere on the floor. It is quite impressive to see Larry's game and Kobe right now, entering his twilight, looks a lot like Bird with that wet jumper.

How many players besides Bird and Kobe can drop 30 on jumpers alone. Besides the usual culprit such as MJ. I am thinking:

Bernard King
    Adrian Dantley
    Paul Pierce - prime
    uhh except for that part where bird shot 49 percent fg%, and kobe is like 44%.. bird took smart quality shots, their game isn't similar at all except bryant is old and can't use athleticism like he could so yes his game might be similar in that aspect to bird's. this isn't taking away from kobe as a player, but i do not consider kobe a "shooter".
    Last edited by kenuffff; 10-31-2014 at 03:19 PM.

9er"empire" has been crushed

Banned

One reason why I was considered the greatest troll in ISH history which I no longer do. I mean look at my red bars in a world where only greens can be given though.

Lets not forget the classic thread, "I was too young to watch MJ" and "MJ reminds me of Kobe when I watch him on Youtube" Those threads were bigger than game threads.

Sure pissed a lot of people off.

Anyways, Kobe is just on another level, if you like silky mid range game.

Local High School Star

Banned

What does playing like a girl do with effectiveness and the ability to score anywhere on the floor?

Aesthetically, yes, he looks like a girl trying to hoop with men.

the back-pedaling is too strong for you bro...stop it!

pathetic!