Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Who Was Lebron's Best Teammate While Playing in Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    varejao was arguably the worst starting PF in the NBA.
    yup, because defense, energy, and off-ball movement arent valuable assets to a team

i guess if something doesnt show up in the stats it didnt happen right?

varejao is one of the best pick and roll defenders in the entire league, (although he hasnt been as great so far this year imo), he keeps a ton of rebounds alive, for his teammates to grab, hes great at moving off of the ball, and hes a very good screener, and he has a great motor. not highlight plays, but hes a winner.

there was a reason he was always in the game in crunch time, and often the guy setting picks for bron.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    04-08 = Big Z
    09= Mo
    10= Jamison
    jamison was bad for us. really inefficient, never fit in on offense, hes a bad defender, and hes soft as hell

i thought mo was better that year
    Last edited by chips93; 01-09-2012 at 08:04 PM.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    By Lebron's final season there, Z was on a visible decline, but for most of Lebron's time there Z was a very solid and underrated player when healthy. Great offensive rebounder, could step out and make a midrange jumper, and used his length to play defense at a reasonable level.

Another classic case of a guy who doesnt jump high and flex his muscles (see: Z, Randolph, Marion, Scola etc) not getting the same attention and credit for their impact as guys who do (Stoudamire, Westbrook, John Wall). If John Wall was playing 20 minutes per night right now, playing the exact way he is now, on a team winning games people would be like (Z.O.MY.GOD. WE'VE GOT A SUPERSATR ON OUR HANDSSS).

I will never stop harping on this. Media and networks are TRYING to fit dumbed-down analyis and flashy highlights into a timed television segment. People need to use their BRAINS and think for themselves about how things really work and what really matters. 99.9999% of people here just REPEAT verbatim the simplistic inaccurate drivel that is packaged up for them on the tv box. Fukcing site full of idiots. A true ship of fools.

Prophet

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

This thread should be evidence of how dominant LBJ was on the Cavs. I mean look at some of these names being thrown out there.

Mo Williams? Delonte West?

These dudes suck ass.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Varejao probably