Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Default Re: Lets get one thing straight: Dwight is gonna absolutely DOMINATE the league

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    Whoever has the best matchup or whoever is open on a given play should be the "number one option" mate. Only idiots (like you) would disagree.

People like you suppose that Kobe should take more shots while being double teamed by James and Battier than Dwight or Gasol should while being attended to by the likes of Eddy Curry, just to stick with the 'hero fantasy' that Kobe is the #1 option....

You're a bloody simpleton, mate, it just don't get much more clearer.
    In what world are you living mate.

Curry is not even on the roster.Miami has never doubled kobe since big three.Gasol will be defended by lebron.I dont know about other idiots but you are one.

7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Lets get one thing straight: Dwight is gonna absolutely DOMINATE the league

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    Dwight has never been on this kind of team before... good defenders, good passers, good shooters, playmakers etc... everyone is locked in and focused which will allow Dwight to completely takeover the league.
    Good shooters and defenders? He has 1, maybe 2 good shooters in Nash and maybe Jamison. And defenders? I can only think of Artest. That probably won't be a problem considering what he did in Orlando, and while I don't think highly of Mike Brown as a coach, he is a good defensive coach.

Don't get me wrong, the team is stacked and arguably the most talented in the league. You have to go back to at least the Shaq/Penny Magic, if not 80's teams like the Lakers, Celtics and Sixers to find teams that had multiple superstars and were stacked. OKC and Miami are on the verge of that, though. So I think they're a near lock to contend.

I expect him to be MVP, DPOY, and Finals MVP. 29 pts/16 boards/4 blocks averages
    at 29 ppg and to a lesser extent 16 rpg. I know you're not being serious. I see him averaging closer to an even 20, maybe less. Though he's proven capable of more. This team has a lot of scorers and another superstar Kobe. He didn't average 16 rpg in Orlando with Rashard Lewis playing power forward. Why would he average a career high playing with a 10 rpg player Pau Gasol? The only chance of Dwight ever averaging 16 rpg is if he was in a role where he wasn't asked to score.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Dwight shouldn't be number 1 option.
    You can make a case that he should be the first option. Since he improved his post game prior to the '10-'11 season when he had a monster year, he's become a reliable option in the post who can dominate a game at either end and get more high percentage shots than just about anyone in the league. Though his FT% dropping so much last year is a concern. But while he failed to match his '11 season last year, I did see a noticeable improvement passing out of double teams, that had been his biggest weakness. If he continues that, and even gets his FT% back up to the 59-60% he was at every year from '06-'11, he'd make an excellent first option.

Then again, you could argue he should be the 3rd option.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 08-27-2012 at 11:52 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

The thought of Dwight ever averaging 29 makes me laugh, I just never see that happening.

[H4L] Farewell, Orlando • Dwight Howard 2012 Season Mix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NagLLJ6ZuTw&hd=1

Last edited by nevetslc88; 08-27-2012 at 11:53 PM.

lol @ dwight coming anywhere close to 29 PPG

Let's get one thing straight...Dwight's gonna be splitting open the opposing team's anuses every night.

Dwight next season:

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Dwightbe?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    First of all they need Nash to be healthy the entire, if not atleast 90%, of the season. Second, Kobe would have to defer to Dwight as the number 1 guy on the team (a la Wade to Bron this past year), which frankly I find unlikely. 3rd, while Dwight hasn't played on a team this good before he also hasn't played on a team with this much firepower and guys around him wanting a high amount of shots as well. This is going to limit his point per game average without a doubt. 4th, Dwight would have to bounce back immensely from his back injury have the absolute most dominant year of his career if he's going to average anything close 30 a game (unlikely also, I'm guessing 20-22 ppg at best).

Do u even know how many easy shots he would get playing with Nash, Kobe, and Gasol. They are all great passers. It would be a walk in the park for him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by amfirst
    Do u even know how many easy shots he would get playing with Nash, Kobe, and Gasol. They are all great passers. It would be a walk in the park for him.
    First of all, I doubt Dwight will be dominating by himself. He was by himself at Orlando and he was far from being a dominant player. There were guys that were more dominant than he was and they were perimeter players like Kobe, Bron and Wade.

If he's going to so-called "dominate" because of Nash, Kobe and Gasol being great passers then he's overrated. When I think of dominating on offense, I think of creating your own shot.

I guess Kobe is such a great passer that it made Pau and Shaq look dominant when it was Kobe's passing?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Let's get one thing straight...Dwight's gonna be splitting open the opposing team's anuses every night.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    He most likely won't, just because Kobe is selfish and puts himself above the teams and the fans (for which they graciously lick his testicles).

But should he? On most nights, yes. Dwight will be much more effective of a partner with Steve Nash than will Kobe, not to mention Dwight plays nearer to the basket and will have less difficult defensive opposition than Brickbe.

But we know Brickbe's goal is not to help the team win, it's to get his own glory, despite the perils it presents to team success, and just hope that the team around him is good enough to carry him, and make all the dumb follower fans think it was him that actually produced the effort that led to the win. When typically the less involved he is, the better the team does.

Lakers 'fans' are the dumbest bloody buggers in the world, mates. Mindless hero worshipers is all they are.

Bravo sir, this is a great post.

Banned

Dwight will average career lows since his rookie/sophomore seasons this year. Unless Kobe actually admits to being a lesser player(LOL ya right) Dwight will be underutilized in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    Dwight will average career lows since his rookie/sophomore seasons this year. Unless Kobe actually admits to being a lesser player(LOL ya right) Dwight will be underutilized in LA.
    What did Bynum put up last season?

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    What did Bynum put up last season?
    Less than he will this season.