Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default I told y'all the Wolves would be good.

I know the season just started and I said Towns and Wiggins are both future all-stars and would make the playoffs next season. We might not have to wait that long. You also have to appreciate KG for playing an extra year (he probably has no cartilage in his knees) that means bone on bone when he runs and jumps but he still wants to see this team achieve.
    What are your thoughts soo far?

Default Re: I told y'all the Wolves would be good.

KG GOAT leader

really the only bad teams in the west are Lakers and Portland and Portland has surprisingly been decent so far which prolly wont last.

Very good NBA starter

They beat the Nuggets and the Lakers....

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    They beat the Nuggets and the Lakers....
    This.

Beating bottom of the barrel teams in the west does not make you good. They are definitely on the come up though. Once Wiggins realizes his potential and plays with more assertiveness night in and out, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Can already see KAT being MVP of this league in the future

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

They beat the only two teams that might be worse than they are...

But they are looking decent for the future with KAT, Wiggins and Rubio. If Wiggins can get back to post-all star break form they'd be even more fun to watch.

Banned

Brooklyn though

Wiggins has shown nothing to me that he's a future all-star. Towns has, but it's 2 games, and tthey probably won't be this good in the middle of the season or end.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Wiggins has shown nothing to me that he's a future all-star. Towns has, but it's 2 games, and tthey probably won't be this good in the middle of the season or end.
    I think all the initial hype around him was unwarranted, but he'll be an all star in the future.

Some guys are strive in an environment where they are given the green light in their rookie season (Durant, LeBron, etc), some guys are better if there's already an established system in place (Paul George, Leonard, etc).

I think Wiggins falls in the 2nd category, and would've benefitted playing with LeBron's guidance for the first couple of years and taking over after LeBron declines (like what Leonard's doing now) instead of being thrown onto a dysfunctional Wolves team from the start.

Wiggins is athletic as hell, but was clearly still very raw when the came in to the league. His upside was his defense, but he rarely got to show case that because he had the pressure to carry the team offensively (in which he did a decent job in the 2nd half of the season).

Anyways... he's no Kobe, LeBron or Durant, but he definitely has Paul George/Leonard/Pippen potential, which will net him multiple all star/all nba selections.