Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default If Lakers drafted Okafor they could have been a younger Grizzlies variant

Two post up players in Randle and Okafor would be sooo easy to build around.

I like D'lo's potential, don't get me wrong, but how do you pass on Okafor there? Dominating his whole first year of college, winning the championship, you need a big man.... Clarkson already looks like a good PG...

Mitch dun goof'd

Default Re: If Lakers drafted Okafor they could have been a younger Grizzlies variant

They'd be giving up 75 points per game in the paint.

Default Re: If Lakers drafted Okafor they could have been a younger Grizzlies variant

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Okafor has the length and size to be a good rim protector, just has to develop into one with good coaching and PT. We still could have traded for Hibbert as a rental since he doesn't play a ton of minutes anyways, give him like 23 minutes a game with Okafor getting 25....

tell me more about what you like about Russell's potential

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    tell me more about what you like about Russell's potential
    length, size, scoring and passing ability, overall skillset.

no he's not the fastest guy in the gym but neither is Ginobli

Decent college freshman

They gave 80 the other night

Banned

joyner detected!

Are you saying that we aren't giving that up right now?? Kings scored 80 in the paint vs us ffs, one of the big things people said was a con of Okafor is his defense...why didn't they mention it was D'Angelo's weak point as well?

Difference is, the Grizzlies have one of the best defensive centers in the league, and for all his negatives, Randolph isn't as bad a defender as many believe.

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    joyner detected!
    dubeta!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    dubeta!
    Lol is GIF seriously dubeta's alt?

First of all I must say I liked Okafor better at the time of the draft. But Grizzlies?
    Is this suppose to be a great thing? Grizzlies are a good team for years and can't get the chip. Nowadays to win it all seems that you must have an elite perimeter player, that's why Lakers went for Russell.
    And then you have to factor that Gasol is elite defensively and has a very reliable jump shot. Okafor and Randle aren't good defenders and can't hit from outside.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    length, size, scoring and passing ability, overall skillset.

no he's not the fastest guy in the gym but neither is Ginobli
    Ginobili was a terrific athlete in his prime. Dude was quick, super agile, great body control and fluidity. Deceptively good hops as well, dude used to catch defenders off guard and throw it down regularly. Russell looks like his feet are glued to the court.

Skill-wise they're similar but athletically young Ginobili was way ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    First of all I must say I liked Okafor better at the time of the draft. But Grizzlies?
    Is this suppose to be a great thing? Grizzlies are a good team for years and can't get the chip. Nowadays to win it all seems that you must have an elite perimeter player, that's why Lakers went for Russell.
    And then you have to factor that Gasol is elite defensively and has a very reliable jump shot. Okafor and Randle aren't good defenders and can't hit from outside.
    Well yah, the grizzlies have no wing talent whatsoever. With Randle and Okafor being young and bad defensively at this stage in their careers though, u just have to keep tanking and get the perimeter players later

ginobili is miles ahead of russel athletically lmao