Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Default LeBron crushes everyone, again.

This feels like 2016 LBJ when he lead all players in all major statistical categories. Only this time he's doing it against Jordan

LeBron shoots a better pecentage from 2
    LeBron shoots a better pecentage from 3
    He has a higher FG%, eFG%, and TS%
    He has a better AST%, TRB%, BPG%, and a lower USG%

MJ scores more points, but also has a higher USG% and a higher FT%

With advanced metrics, both in the regular season and playoffs, it gets even worse for Jordan

LeBron leads MJ in: Win Shares, TS%, TRB%, AST%, BLK%, OWS, DWS, OBPM, DBPM, BPM, VORP

MJ leads in: FT%, and STL%

LeBron also has slightly more turnovers, but a better assist-to-turnover ratio, so boom roasted there too:

It's just not. even. close. And some have been fooled for a long time, but not I.

Can we please stop thinking Jordan is better now? LeBron crushes him in almost every category and if you look at total playoff stats it's a LANDSLIDE victory, with nearly 1000 more points and double the rebounds.
    Last edited by SpaceJam2; 04-07-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron crushes everyone, again.

LeBron crushed everybody. Except for the Lakers' opponents. Otherwise, dominant, no question.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Why does LeBron stats start in 2004?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    LeBron crushed everybody. Except for the Lakers' opponents. Otherwise, dominant, no question.
    Thanks. LeGoat is truly one of a kind. Beats Jordan individually and it's not close.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Why does LeBron stats start in 2004?
    Um...Usually the stats start the year the player enters the league. Not before or after

70 posts per day = OP

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    Thanks. LeGoat is truly one of a kind. Beats Jordan individually and it's not close.

[IMG]LeBron will never be better[/IMG]

Um...Usually the stats start the year the player enters the league. Not before or after

What year was LeBron drafted?

Saying his stars start in 2004 doesn't tell us whether it's Jan. 2004 or Oct. 2004.

I hope you're not purposely skewering the statistics.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Stats for MJ and Lebron's first 3 playoff seasons

REGULAR SEASON

MJ. 85-87':[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 31.7 ppg.. 2.0 oreb.. 3.6 dreb.. 5.0 apg.. 2.6 spg.. 1.2 bpg.. 57.1 ts.. 27.8 PER
    LBJ 06-08':[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 27.2 ppg.. 1.2 oreb.. 5.9 dreb.. 7.1 apg.. 1.4 spg.. 1.0 bpg.. 56.3 ts.. 27.2 PER..

^^^ jordan got 8 seeds, while lebron produced less but got 2 and 4 seeds

PLAYOFFS

MJ. 85-87':[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 35.5 ppg.. 1.9 oreb.. 4.4 dreb.. 6.9 apg.. 2.4 spg.. 1.5 bpg.. 56.0 ts.. 27.4 PER
    LBJ 06-08':[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 27.5 ppg.. 1.4 oreb.. 6.6 dreb.. 7.3 apg.. 1.6 spg.. 0.8 bpg.. 53.1 ts.. 23.8 PER..

^^^ jordan lost in 1st Round, while lebron produced less but made Finals

Lebron's cast made up the production gap.. He needed 2005 all-star Zydrunas and Hughes to make the 06' playoffs, just like MJ needed rookie Pippen to make the 2nd round.. except rookie pippen wasn't capable of 2-time all-star (Zydrunas), or 22/5/5 and 1st team all-D (05' Hughes)

Unfortunately, the way the media analyzes lebron/MJ, they imply that lebron was getting high seeds and the Finals with the same casts that MJ got 8 seeds with... But that's not true, and the stats above show that mj was producing far more than lebron

What year was LeBron drafted?

Saying his stars start in 2004 doesn't tell us whether it's Jan. 2004 or Oct. 2004.

I hope you're not purposely skewering the statistics.
    I already knew what you thought. You got caught thinking his draft year was 2003 so he started playing that year. That's not how basketball works little homie. Keep up.

Drafted 2003
    1st season 2004

Like all players

Next

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Stats for MJ and Lebron's first 3 playoff seasons

REGULAR SEASON

MJ. 85-87':[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 31.7 ppg.. 2.0 oreb.. 3.6 dreb.. 5.0 apg.. 2.6 spg.. 1.2 bpg.. 57.1 ts.. 27.8 PER
    LBJ 06-08':[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 27.2 ppg.. 1.2 oreb.. 5.9 dreb.. 7.1 apg.. 1.4 spg.. 1.0 bpg.. 56.3 ts.. 27.2 PER..

^^^ jordan got 8 seeds, while lebron produced less but got 2 and 4 seeds

PLAYOFFS

MJ. 85-87':[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 35.5 ppg.. 1.9 oreb.. 4.4 dreb.. 6.9 apg.. 2.4 spg.. 1.5 bpg.. 56.0 ts.. 27.4 PER
    LBJ 06-08':[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 27.5 ppg.. 1.4 oreb.. 6.6 dreb.. 7.3 apg.. 1.6 spg.. 0.8 bpg.. 53.1 ts.. 23.8 PER..

^^^ jordan lost in 1st Round, while lebron produced less but made Finals

Lebron's cast made up the production gap.. He needed 2005 all-star Zydrunas and Hughes to make the 06' playoffs, just like MJ needed rookie Pippen to make the 2nd round.. except rookie pippen wasn't capable of 2-time all-star (Zydrunas), or 22/5/5 and 1st team all-D (05' Hughes)

Unfortunately, the way the media analyzes lebron/MJ, they imply that lebron was getting high seeds and the Finals with the same casts that MJ got 8 seeds with... But that's not true, and the stats above show that mj was producing far more than lebron
    Narrowing their careers down to both of their first 3 playoff runs as your refute? Wow, you've gone full 2ball.

I'm sorry I did this to you, but your nonsense was getting out of hand and it had to be stopped. I'm sorry I exposed Jordan as being a lesser individual player than LeBron on nearly every single front.

What's so bad about Jordan now being the #2 best player ever? The second GOAT? Is that really so bad for you to accept?
    Last edited by SpaceJam2; 04-07-2019 at 11:37 AM.

I already knew what you thought. You got caught thinking his draft year was 2003 so he started playing that year. That's not how basketball works little homie. Keep up.

Drafted 2003
    1st season 2004

Like all players

Next

Actually every website except bball ref has his stats start in 2003. The year he was drafted. The year his first professional game was. Where his first two months of actually starting to play in the NBA were. You may need to dust up on reading comprehension when trying to make a point.

Good job though leaving out stats Jordan completely obliterates LeBron in like PPG, SPG, TO, FT%. You know. Stats people actually don't have to make up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Narrowing their careers down to both of [COLOR="Navy"]their first 3 playoff runs[/COLOR] as your refute? Wow, you've gone full 2ball.

You just compared 06' lebron to 85' MJ as your premise, so I included the rest of mj's 1-9 years (his first 3 playoff runs)

and your OP is littered with errors (i.e. you say MJ only led in FT's but PER stares us or n the face)

Actually every website except bball ref has his stats start in 2003. The year he was drafted. The year his first professional game was. Where his first two months of actually starting to play in the NBA were. You may need to dust up on reading comprehension when trying to make a point.

Good job though leaving out stats Jordan completely obliterates LeBron in like PPG, SPG, TO, FT%. You know. Stats people actually don't have to make up.
    It's from basketball-reference.com, the way they list seasons is the year the season ends. So the 2003-2004 season would simply say 2004.

As of now he's technically correct at least statistically, now the stats won't stay this way forever depending on how the last few years of Lebron's career play out And how long past his prime he's willing to hang arond. Trust me, if and when the stats shift the other way Mj stans will use them with the exact same purpsoe fellas. In being outraged you guys always miss the point of the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    You just compared 06' lebron to 85' MJ as your premise, so I included the rest of mj's 1-9 years (his first 3 playoff runs)

and your OP is littered with errors (i.e. you say MJ only led in FT's but PER stares us or n the face)
    I never narrowed it down to a specific year you lunatic. I took their entire careers and it's pretty clear who the better individual player is, no? And yet, here we are.

Can we please stop thinking Jordan is better now? LeBron crushes him in almost every category and if you look at total playoff stats it's a LANDSLIDE victory, with nearly 1000 more points and double the rebounds.

What's so bad about Jordan now being the #2 best player ever? The second GOAT? Is that really so bad for you to accept?

I can see the meltdown now, watching your idol fade away into the #2 spot right before your very eyes.

As for the year thing, which I have no idea why you're still hung up on it, yes, basketball seasons start in one part of the year and conclude in the subsequent year. Every NBA fan knows that the 03-04 season is the "2004" season. Except you, I guess?

6 finals wins > 6 finals losses