Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Most of Griffin's wind-up Dunks are Offensive Fouls

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    photos of 7 completely uncontested, wide open dunks (some in the dunk contest? lol) and 1 of MJ going up for a layup

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I would say refer to my post with the Vince Carter picture for a deeper explanation on that front. All one-handed dunks are not created equal. I'm not sure who can dunk on this message board and who can't, but I think even if one has just goofed around on a lowered bucket, it'd probably be relatively easy to notice what happens to one's off arm when dunking perpendicular to the rack (as opposed to slamming with body directly facing the rim).

To be completely honest, you probably don't even need a rim to mimic this action. I honestly just gave it a shot while walking down the hallway. If I mimic a slam while facing the basket, off-hand won't be in front. But if I tilt my jump a la Blake and vintage breakaway alley-oop catching Vince, the off-arm's naturally arising.

Here is what that jumping like that looks like without a defender: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnVC_t2ufR4#t=0m16s

To further illustrate, here's an example three different types of Russell Westbrook dunks. And surely, I wouldn't expect three examples from one dunker to fully convince you. But I find these to be good indicators:

1. One hand, one foot (thus no arm lead): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq15yGbop7k#t=0m32s

2. One hand, two feet, squared (off-arm raised but not leading): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzpaSeIbpLQ

3. One hand, two feet, leaning (off-arm leads by nature): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY-pw-Qs9vw#t=0m16s

To be clear, this doesn't mean Griffin has never been able to simultaneously clear someone out with an off-arm. I'm pretty sure we've all been guilty of it at some point. My stance is more or less that the arm in that specific dunk motion, is coming up no matter what. It's not a matter of a player consciously saying, "You know what? I'm going to lift up my arm and beat someone with it."

The biggest difference I've seen between Blake's dunks and many normal dunkers, is he drops a heavy hammer.
    exactly.. finally someone who understands the mechanics of in-game dunking

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    exactly.. finally someone who understands the mechanics of in-game dunking
    How does the mechanics of in-game dunking explain griffin grabbing the defender's arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    How does the mechanics of in-game dunking explain griffin grabbing the defender's arm?

It's natural motion don't you get it? It's totally natural to grab an opponents arm and push it away from you, just like it's totally natural to flair your elbows right into the softspot of your defenders neck

That's an offensive foul.

lol @ long posts attempting to explain "the mechanics of dunking" to protect Blakes reputation

That's why people should not challenge his shot but just take THEIR forearm and drive it into his chest.

-Smak

It's natural motion don't you get it? It's totally natural to grab an opponents arm and push it away from you, just like it's totally natural to flair your elbows right into the softspot of your defenders neck
    It's funny how the mechanics of in-game dunkings change depending on the situation: sometimes it's an out streched arm straight in front of you, sometimes it's an elbow and sometimes it's a bent arm with a claw hand.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    That's why people should not challenge his shot but just take THEIR forearm and drive it into his chest.

-Smak
    But then Stern would slap them with a 10 game suspension because he "risked" injury to Blake. It'd be interesting if another STAR did it though. I.e. another ticket-seller. I can definitely see an increasingly bold Bynum doing this sooner than later.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Cavaliers you've become an annoying troll overnight bud. You're actually a lot like the CP3 butthurt crew that use every single post here trying and failing to degrade CP3. You need to find something else to contribute outside of Blake Griffin hate and Wilt Chamberlain dick sucking.

You're the offspring of Joyner and Celticsfag clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Cavaliers you've become an annoying troll overnight bud. You're actually a lot like the CP3 butthurt crew that use every single post here trying and failing to degrade CP3. You need to find something else to contribute outside of Blake Griffin hate and Wilt Chamberlain dick sucking.

You're the offspring of Joyner and Celticsfag clearly.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

It's funny how the mechanics of in-game dunkings change depending on the situation: sometimes it's an out streched arm straight in front of you, sometimes it's an elbow and sometimes it's a bent arm with a claw hand.
    someone cue up VC's dunk on Zo. I think that's the best example of a body-absorbing posterizing without resorting to using the off hand.

I miss old Vince. Seeing that failed layup the other day actually made me sad for a minute.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Cute baby.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak

-Smak
    Why do you put your username at the end of your posts? It's completely pointless.

-Heavincent

Good work Phong.