Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Replace Pippen to Michael Jordan on 2000 Portland blazers

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeJohnnyDepp
    Never happened. Your head is just spinning, you make up things to not feel embarassed at your life, at this point.
    LOL..? the only one embarrassing himself here is yourself you dumbf***.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...505070ORL.html

Thats G1 of the 2nd Round 1995 Playoffs.

Shaq dominated Jordan and Magic win in 6 Games.

owned

+15 points & Jordan in 4th quarter..Portland would win.

Irrational Jordan superfan StarJordan's Avatar

Jordan kicked shaq all the way out of the conference. 96 bulls were 7-1 agaisnt the fat ***

MJ on Portland equals another title for MJ. MJ was still the best player in the L at 35 years old. Sure he lost some athletic ability, but in terms clutch, scoring arsenal, and all around game he was still cream of the crop. Now u had Shaq who around this time u could say was coming into the mantle of best player in the world. So if anything at 36 or 37, MJ would have been the best perimeter player in the L. Putting MJ with that Portland team would have given him his best supporting cast EVER! U got Smitty, Sheed, Damon, Detlef, Grant, Sabonis, and Bonzi! U even got Augmon and Anthony for great D. That team was one of the deepest teams I recall ever watching 1-12. Putting MJ on that team equals a definite ring. As good as that Blazers team was, they were lacking a true Batman type player.

Learning to shoot layups Mike Barrett's Avatar

It doesn't matter who you put on this Blazers' roster, we will succeed. The only times we have failed is due to favouritism of the opposition by the refs. And I must say we have had some un-ignominious luck with the loss of a legend, a true hero in Brandon Roy. We lost the greatest player to step foot on a basketball court because of a serious injury. But after all this we still stay strong as an organization, as a community, and more so, as a team. We will stay united and pursue the allusive NBA Championship.

I understand it will be tough when refs screw us over and over but with such a great organization we will overcome it all. 8 on 5? bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    MJ on Portland equals another title for MJ. MJ was still the best player in the L at 35 years old. Sure he lost some athletic ability, but in terms clutch, scoring arsenal, and all around game he was still cream of the crop. Now u had Shaq who around this time u could say was coming into the mantle of best player in the world. So if anything at 36 or 37, MJ would have been the best perimeter player in the L. Putting MJ with that Portland team would have given him his best supporting cast EVER! U got Smitty, Sheed, Damon, Detlef, Grant, Sabonis, and Bonzi! U even got Augmon and Anthony for great D. That team was one of the deepest teams I recall ever watching 1-12. Putting MJ on that team equals a definite ring. As good as that Blazers team was, they were lacking a true Batman type player.
    That portland team wouldn't be the best cast he ever had. The bulls already showed they were capable of winning damn near 60 games without him. Damn the man played with two other hofers, a hall of fame coach and even aan assistant coach that made it to the hall. Then you throw in toni kukoc who was arguably the best european player ever. What are you basing this on?

In repsonse to the OP question, I believe it depends on jordans situation. Assuming he plays two more seasons and goes deep into the playoffs like pippen did after the bulls, does his body hold up being 37? If so, I can see him winning another championship. But as another poster stated, that trailblazer team was volitle. I don't know if they would've responded to jordan constant brow beatings, and taunts. There may be too much in fighting. Jordan could do it, but it would need to be the perfect conditions. In no way shape or form do I see rasheed wallace putting up with jordan.

But this obviously doesn't matter cuz this is just another attempt to diminish pippen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sekachu
    With Pippen on the Portland blazers, they almost beat the laker in game 7.

If Michael Jordan on the Portland blazers instead of Pippen, Would they able to beat the Laker? Consider the age that MJ would be 36 which mean his condition is on declined.
    Reading this just made me keep repeating "all of your base are belong to us" in my head.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    Actually I would beg to differ. I think older Jordan would have mentally rattled this collection of headcases and the overall team performance would have faultered. Similar too what happened in Washington. The reason Portland was almost able to beat LA was because a different player was able to step up and contribute their own clutch performance. A 37 year old Jordan would still demand the ball and force the rest of the team out of their comfort zone. This 37 year old version may steal 1 games, but would have stamina amd endurance to compare to his younger self and win 4 of 7.

Don't judge Pippen on a strech on one game his overall impact to the series was much greater
    Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    In repsonse to the OP question, I believe it depends on jordans situation. Assuming he plays two more seasons and goes deep into the playoffs like pippen did after the bulls, does his body hold up being 37? If so, I can see him winning another championship. But as another poster stated, that trailblazer team was volitle. I don't know if they would've responded to jordan constant brow beatings, and taunts. There may be too much in fighting. Jordan could do it, but it would need to be the perfect conditions. In no way shape or form do I see rasheed wallace putting up with jordan.
    ^These^
    I'm sorry. For those who are saying that the Blazers would win by replacing Pippen with MJ it's important to understand that championships are not won just by putting a better player on a team. Chemistry is almost equally important. As stated above, there is no way that I see that Blazer roster and MJ meshing.

Blazers win the title. The team was too deep not to. Pippen averaged 15.1 ppg on 43% FG in that series. MJ never averaged less than 26.6 ppg in any playoff series in his career. Not to mention that after 1997 Pippen was not considered a star anymore. He made no more allstar teams after that season. Even in 1999 with Hakeem and Barkley on the team he didn't perform well either. So I'm not sure how people are acting like he was the man on the 2000 Blazers. He was probably at best the 3rd best player on that team behind Rasheed Wallace and Steve Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    Blazers win the title. The team was too deep not to. Pippen averaged 15.1 ppg on 43% FG in that series. MJ never averaged less than 26.6 ppg in any playoff series in his career. Not to mention that after 1997 Pippen was not considered a star anymore. He made no more allstar teams after that season. Even in 1999 with Hakeem and Barkley on the team he didn't perform well either. So I'm not sure how people are acting like he was the man on the 2000 Blazers. He was probably at best the 3rd best player on that team behind Rasheed Wallace and Steve Smith.
    I agree that pippen wasn't the best player on that blazers team. But as has already been said, it takes more than talent to win a championship. I just don't see the blazers responding to jordans form of leadership. I mean, he punched steve kerr. What in the hell could steve kerr have done to warrant getting punched? I just don't see jordan and wallace (the blazers best player) meshing. Wallace was too tempermental. Especially young wallace.

A lot of you guys are acting as if the blazers were the best team ever

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp

Not to doubt MJ, He is my favorite player ever, but I think 37 MJ might have trouble against the young talent hungry laker due to his lack of stamina plus Phil Jackson's scheme. The 98 Jordan showed his tiredness in the final. No way that he can maintain the same condition at age 37. MJ would be still better than Pippen putting up better productive stats but to say absolute win, I rather say higher chance of winning.
    Last edited by sekachu; 12-21-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Banned

If he's as good as pre injury Wizards Jordan, then they definitely win. They lost because when it came down to it, Smith couldn't create for them, Pippen couldn't create for them, Rasheed couldn't create for them, but both Shaq and Kobe could. Portland had a good offense because it was balanced, but that sort of offense basically never wins an NBA championship. Does anyone remember how much they scored in the 4th of that game? Maybe 10 points?

That portland team wouldn't be the best cast he ever had. The bulls already showed they were capable of winning damn near 60 games without him. Damn the man played with two other hofers, a hall of fame coach and even aan assistant coach that made it to the hall. Then you throw in toni kukoc who was arguably the best european player ever. What are you basing this on?

But this obviously doesn't matter cuz this is just another attempt to diminish pippen.

U do see I said FROM 1-12 that would have been MJ's best supporting cast EVER! Those 12 guys from Portland's team man for man was better than ANY supporting cast MJ EVER had! Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles can see that!:

50 Greg Anthony
    2 Stacey Augmon
    44 Brian Grant
    14 Gary Grant
    34 Antonio Harvey
    35 Joe Kleine
    5 Jermaine O'Neal
    11 Arvydas Sabonis
    12 Detlef Schrempf
    8 Steve Smith
    3 Damon Stoudamire
    30 Rasheed Wallace
    6 Bonzi Wells

Line up ANY Bulls team MJ had! MAN FOR MAN THIS PORTLAND TEAM HAD MORE TALENT! Now it takes more than a talented roster like this to win a ring. I'm no idiot it takes chemistry and coaching as well. But man for man, this Portland teams TRUMPS any Bulls team MJ had. I would take Damon over Paxson, BJ, or Kerr anyday. Give me Smitty over Ron Harper at that point in Ron's career. I would take Sabonis over ANY center MJ EVER HAD! I would take Bonzi, Schrempf, and Augmon over Bucheler, Levingston, Bobby Hansen, or any type of backup SG or SF they had. As good as Kukoc was, I would take Wallace at this time of his career over Kukoc. Now MJ, Pip, and Rodman are untouchable of course. But other than that, Portland had more talent man for man than MJ EVER had. But it takes more than talent. I never said this Portland team was BETTER than the MJ's Bulls. I stated man for man they had MORE TALENT. If u throw a slighty past his prime MJ (MJ was still the best player in the L at 35) at 36 or 37 with this cast, it would be MORE THAN ENOUGH to beat the Lakers and win a ring.

Before u get on here criticizing people, get your comprehension skills together first! I never said that Portland's team was GREATER than MJ"s Bulls. I SAID 1-12, THEY HAD A MORE IMPRESSIVE ROSTER. Which MJ could have done wonders with. They had great defenders in Augmon and Anthony on the perimeter. Smitty was one of the more skilled and complete SG's on the offensive side of the ball. Detlef still had gas in the tank and a couple of years before that was an All-Star with Seattle making the Finals. Put on MJ on this time at 36 or 37 in place of Pip, and they best the Lakers no doubt! That Portland team was known as very deep and versatile. But MJ with it and it means a ring. They had the Lakers so on the ropes, but blew the game in the end.

I watched that meltdown many times. They lost because they had no alpha dog, someone who could score when they really really needed it.

You're adding basically THE alpha dog of the NBA. While nothing is ever guaranteed, I'm giving this as big a chance as any that they win.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Never questioned MJ's enigmatical leadership no matter how he screwed up with his teammate, otherwise he couldn't have won 3 peats (2 times) .