Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose MVP

Quote Originally Posted by asu77golf
    So I'm looking at his offensive stats.... and they're good, but MVP worthy? Not even CLOSE.

Now, I haven't watched him play much at all. Not a Bulls fan so I don't catch their games. For him to be in the MVP consideration, he must be a All-Defensive Team caliber defender. His offensive stats just don't cut it.

Why all the Rose for MVP talk?

Tho I do think he's being given too much credit for Chicago's rise. Its a mix of his maturation and improvement, an improved bench but most importantly Thib's system and the players buying into that system.
    Last edited by FKAri; 03-25-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Derrick Rose PG stat rankings according to ESPN:

Pts/game (1st)
    FG% (17th)
    3P% (26th)
    Rebounds/game (3rd)
    FT% (13th)
    Assist/game (10th)
    Steal/game (20th)
    Block/game (1st) (0.64)
    AST/TO (32nd)

His turnovers are bad. They really are. There are some games you watch him and you think he's playing streetball. But hopefully he improves on that and his overall "Point Guard skills" during the off-season. If history shows us anything, it's that you know Rose will do and try anything to improve his game.

And Rose is the reason? What about Boozer?

Remember, I'm not trolling here. I don't care if he wins it or not.
    Boozer's missed over 20 games. Noah's missed 30. yet still they're going to win at least 55.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    His turnovers are bad. They really are. There are some games you watch him and you think he's playing streetball. But hopefully he improves on that and his overall "Point Guard skills" during the off-season. If history shows us anything, it's that you know Rose will do and try anything to improve his game.
    I'm sure I'll get to see him play quite a bit in the playoffs. Thanks for answering my questions.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

OMG, it feels weird when a thread is actually a legit conversation made between adults......

OMG, it feels weird when a thread is actually a legit conversation made between adults......

YOU SUCK!!!

Is that better?

Learning to shoot layups FathosRgoodatBJ's Avatar

So I'm looking at his offensive stats.... and they're good, but MVP worthy? Not even CLOSE.

Now, I haven't watched him play much at all. Not a Bulls fan so I don't catch their games. For him to be in the MVP consideration, he must be a All-Defensive Team caliber defender. His offensive stats just don't cut it.

Why all the Rose for MVP talk?
    If Lebron where able to make his clutch shots at the end of games this season we would not be having this discussion right now. Lebron is the Golden child of the League, and 2 time MVP coming into this season, and is the best player in the league, his stats show. Why is he not the clear choice as MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by FathosRgoodatBJ
    If Lebron where able to make his clutch shots at the end of games this season we would not be having this discussion right now. Lebron is the Golden child of the League, and 2 time MVP coming into this season, and is the best player in the league, his stats show. Why is he not the clear choice as MVP?
    http://www.randomblog.org/wp-content...-is-a-dick.gif

fixed.

Learning to shoot layups FathosRgoodatBJ's Avatar

Exactly, he's a dick and the media grew tired of the Golden boy. Why not give the award to a humble kid that plays the game right and very talented also.

Quote Originally Posted by FathosRgoodatBJ
    Exactly, he's a dick and the media grew tired of the Golden boy. Why not give the award to a humble kid that plays the game right and very talented also.
    I think it has a lot to do with the Heat under performing compared to the ridiculous expectations they had to deal with (self-imposed really). Also when you have two great players on one team it's hard for people to really claim one is the MVP over the other.

I think it has a lot to do with the Heat under performing compared to the ridiculous expectations they had to deal with (self-imposed really). Also when you have two great players on one team it's hard for people to really claim one is the MVP over the other.

I don't want to see LeBron win the MVP Award because the last NBA player to win the MVP Award and Finals MVP in the same NBA Season was 2003 Tim Duncan. LeBron would probably finish 2nd or 3rd in the MVP Voting, and kick some arrogant muddafacking 2nd round virgin @$$ in the playoffs. ( If they are lucky enough to survive in the preliminary round.)
    Last edited by Lebron23; 03-26-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Learning to shoot layups

Derrick Rose definitely deserves the MVP and I will have zero complaints if he wins it but Lebron would be dead even with him right now if he had these same numbers but stayed with the Cavs instead. He is going to have going to have to have a state line like 30/8/8 and at least 60-65 wins just to overcome the animosity he gets from being on the Heat.