Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default One thing that is overlooked when discussing the warriors 3-1 collapse in the FINALS

The Dog shit coaching Job of Steve Kerr in all 3 games especially game 7. Most people blame curry but kerr is the main reason they lost the series due to his inability to make adjustments. And the fact that curry was launching 3's with the game tied with 3 mins left in Game 7 lets you know he doesn't coach the game. Instead he watches the game like us as a fan which is why the warriors have a playground style of play.

Is there a chance of Kerr being fired if GS loses another Finals or doesn't reach the finals? I don't think Kerr is a good coach

Default Re: One thing that is overlooked when discussing the warriors 3-1 collapse in the FINALS

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15
    The Dog shit coaching Job of Steve Kerr in all 3 games especially game 7. Most people blame curry but kerr is the main reason they lost the series due to his inability to make adjustments. And the fact that curry was launching 3's with the game tied with 3 mins left in Game 7 lets you know he doesn't coach the game. Instead he watches the game like us as a fan which is why the warriors have a playground style of play.

Is there a chance of Kerr being fired if GS loses another Finals or doesn't reach the finals? I don't think Kerr is a good coach

I agree. He got out coached by Tyron Lue in the NBA Finals.

Default Re: One thing that is overlooked when discussing the warriors 3-1 collapse in the FINALS

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I agree. He got out coached by Tyron Lue in the NBA Finals.
    He got out coached by David Blatt in 2015 as well. He was just lucky the talent gap was so wide.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    He got out coached by David Blatt in 2015 as well. He was just lucky the talent gap was so wide.

Yeah. And Coach Kerr is also arrogant like his players.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Utilizing Varejao as an offensive option down the stretch in game 7 was one of the worst coaching decisions I have ever witnessed, it swung the momentum in Cleveland's favor and The Warriors were unable to recover.

I still believe that GSW would have won the series at full strength but Lue was making power moves on the floor and took advantage of the situation in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
    Utilizing Varejao as an offensive option down the stretch in game 7 was one of the worst coaching decisions I have ever witnessed, it swung the momentum in Cleveland's favor and The Warriors were unable to recover.

I still believe that GSW would have won the series at full strength but Lue was making power moves on the floor and took advantage of the situation in front of him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdblVnvXDuE&t=2m10s

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Yeah. And Coach Kerr is also arrogant like his players.
    he is very unlikeable. I don't blame MJ for punching him.

I comletely agree, and it was more than just his in-game coaching. Imo he lost control of the team. I don't mean that as in the inmates were running the asylum. I just didn't like the team's overall focus, attitude, and demeanor. Kerr was part of the reason the Warriors were underwhelming in the playoffs. For some reason he gets left off the hook.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

They won 73 games with that style of play. Why would you not trust a style of play that got you that far, only to try something new in game 7 of the Finals? And what other options did he have? Put Curry in the post? Nope. Put Klay in the post? Nope. Put Dray in the post? Nope. Put Barnes in the post? Lol.

Their game plan for the year was live by the 3, die by the 3. They're actually quite bad at other aspects of the game, which is why they're not as great a team as their record says they are.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PpjtV4qjJBU

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15

If he had sat Curry for the end of game 7, I think they win.

But I felt like that the year Manu was throwing the ball out of bounds in the finals vs Cavs. I was like... man sit that fool down. But no. I guess you can't do that in the NBA.

Edit: That being said, **** off people who are saying Kerr is not a good coach. He is, in my opinion. He's very good. He was a good GM, too, I think. He just is maligned cuz of bad outcomes.

Still, who has the balls to sit a player who is playing like dog shit. On the level that it looks like they are throwing the game... that's what kind of coach you need. You'd think Phil Jackson would do some shit like that, or Riley.

-Smak

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio

Not like he had other options with Bogut out. Speight can't do anything but shoot outside shots, he was blamed for playing Ezeli too. And you can't go death lineup for a long period of time, especially when Iguodala was crippled.

Lebron and Kyrie played out of their mind, Tristan Thompson was doing his thing whole series long. Ty Lue was controlling the game with rotations and timely timeouts. Just give Cavs props instead.

As I've always said, he's over-rated, he's just always found himself surrounded by amazing people that can carry him.

To think, he's now been given Durant LMAO

This guy is emptier than James Jones

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Considering you didn't even mention it in your original post, I will say the most overlooked things are that the Warriors unfairly lost Draymond Green due to a basketball reasons(extend the series)game 5 suspension. Then in game 5 they lose Bogut who was their best interior defender for the rest of the series. To make it worse, in game 6 they lose their best perimeter defender in Iguodala who hurt his back and was a shell of himself for the rest of the series. Then when you factor in Harrison Barnes going ice cold and Curry letting everyone down by throwing a behind the back pass out of bounds, getting shut down by Irving and then Love with the game on the line as well as letting Irving nail a three in his face.

How could you possibly blame coaching? Which adjustments should he have made? You can't bench Curry. Both SF's, Iggy and Barnes, were struggling, and every center he put in wasn't working whether it was Speights, Ezeli or Varajao.