Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Id rather have prime Doug Christie on my team than any the following 25 all stars:

Mo Williams
    Jeff Teague
    Kyle Korver(Though I appreciate Kyle...especially the way he was used on the Hawks)
    Okur
    Jameer Nelson
    Chris Kaman
    AC Green
    Jeff Malone
    Rashard Lewis
    Chris Gatling
    James Donaldson
    Dale and Antoinio Davis
    Michael Adams
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Jayson Williams
    Carlos Boozer
    Wally S
    Doc Rivers(though he was better than you think he was)
    BJ Armstrong(Also better than you think)
    Jamal Magloire
    Brook Lopez
    Big Z
    Sean Elliot
    Kevin Duckworth

Not only was doug an elite defender....he could handle the ball, pass, knock down 3s(never shown at modern volume but in 03 he shot 40%), and was a generally great teammate...when not demanding a trade(Raptors). Chris Webber said the Kings window really closed once Doug got traded. And I get it. He was likely that under the radar leader who really held shit together without the public being able to tell. He had more variety to his game than people seem to remember too.....

and of course:

He loses points for letting his wife check his balls for fullness after hed come home but....nobody checks ALL the boxes. If I need anyone 1-3 defended, if I need an open jumper made, if I need an extra ball handler, a center dunked on, a lockerroom guy or someone punched in the face.....I can call Doug Christie. I value that more than the extra 9 points most of those guys give me when my team is gonna score about the same no matter if they play or not.

By the way....the list was 26 but I cut Millsap to make it a nice round 25. I chose to cut him instead of Boozer because he has range and will play D if needed. And to be clear....I meant building a team to play right now.

Default Re: Id rather have prime Doug Christie on my team than any the following 25 all stars:

I remember him on Sacto. He played good defense on Kobe, at least as well as anyone could defend him.

But I don't know about hitting open jump shots. He was extremely inconsistent. I believe he was shooting bricks towards the end of the Kings-Lakers epic. But he was a solid rotational player. Was he 3 and D? Nah his 3 pointer was hit or miss, but he was a good passer and had nice athleticism to survive in the current NBA.

Default Re: Id rather have prime Doug Christie on my team than any the following 25 all stars:

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    He loses points for letting his wife check his balls for fullness after hed come home but....nobody checks ALL the boxes.

36, 38, 35, and 40% from 3 for 4 years on the King

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Jackie Christie was out of her mind....but he allowed it.

Insane how valuable elite 3&d type players are.

Would take him to play a role for a team but not to start a franchise. He maybe multi skilled but on most of his teams he was 3rd/4th option then you suddenly make him the lead guy which is a different kind of pressure.

He wouldn

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Jackie Christie was out of her mind....but he allowed it.
    source?

Too many to list. It was well known. She was on a couple tv shows. Doug never denied she ran him. I can probably find you a clip....

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]https://youtu.be/lFV6f_SVWkI

Can

Coincidence or not, Jordan averaged only 22.8 ppg on 41% FG vs the Raptors when Christie was playing. That's '96-'98 Jordan, not Wizards' Jordan. Wizard Jordan also played well below his standards vs Christie's Kings (17.5 ppg, 37% FG). I'm pretty sure nobody managed to hold him as low as Christie's teams.

When he would foul someone he'd always put his hand up in the air.

"It was me guys!"

Very good NBA starter

That Sacramento team is possibly the most fun to watch ever.

Anyone have a high quality Youtube vid of some of their best games?