Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: How come nobody talks about Kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    No he didn't, Butler didn't make the all star game until 2007...
    And Big Z was two years removed from making it in 07
    And he had his statistical best seasons with LeBron in the first place.

Still doesn’t account for Odom

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    If you actually watched the Cavs during Lebron's early days @ big z the allstar. Z moved around on the floor like robocop with a wet jumper and I loved his chemistry with Lebron then but he was 2 years removed from being an allstar, 31 years old and scoring just a hair above the lowest ppg of his career to that point. 12 ppg. Again not saying he was trash because i got a soft spot for Z but c'mon man.
    No I get it, you're right he wasn't a GAME CHANGER, but he was an all star. That's my point. He didn't make it without an all star teammate. 03 allstar, 05 all star, 07 nba finals.

Now mind you, it is in my belief that the 2007 Cavs team might have been the worst group of guys to EVER make it all the way to the finals. I haven't gone back to check finals teams to say this, but imo it's pretty obvious. I'm not pointing out Ilgauskas's all star appearances in order to make that team look sexier, lol. Just spitting facts.

RRR3 mentioning Caron Butler as an all star makes no sense since that was something that occurred in the future, not while he was a Heat or Lakers player.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    And Big Z was two years removed from making it in 07
    How do you not understand the difference? Ilgauskas was a proven good player and proven all star before that finals matchup....meanwhile Caron was in his 3rd professional season as a Laker and had never made the all star game previously. Like think dude, use that brain lol. It's like saying Kobe had an all star teammate in Andrew Bynum when the guy was avearaging what, 10ppg in 2008? Made the all star team 3 years later.

[quote]
    And he had his statistical best seasons with LeBron in the first place.

Still doesn

How do you not understand the difference? Ilgauskas was a proven good player and proven all star before that finals matchup....meanwhile Caron was in his 3rd professional season as a Laker and had never made the all star game previously. Like think dude, use that brain lol. It's like saying Kobe had an all star teammate in Andrew Bynum when the guy was avearaging what, 10ppg in 2008? Made the all star team 3 years later.

Actually, Ilgauskas best season was in 2002-2003 when he put up 17/8 with 2 blocks per game and made his first all star appearance.

At least fact check before trying to debate with me, else I'll walk all over you.
    51.6 TS% in 03. Better advanced stats with LeBron.

You can think player A is better than player B, that's not what me mr. sdot are discussing.

We are legitimatelly talking about players who were all stars or all nba.

Love Odom, but was he either of those two things? I'm not asking you was he better was he worse or better...I'm not asking you anything actually, but you wanna be in this discussion so answer that lol.

You can think player A is better than player B, that's not what me mr. sdot are discussing.

We are legitimatelly talking about players who were all stars or all nba.

Love Odom, but was he either of those two things? I'm not asking you was he better was he worse or better...I'm not asking you anything actually, but you wanna be in this discussion so answer that lol.
    Who cares if he ever made the all-star team or not? You think ASG appearances mean Big Z was better? Who would you rather have had if you were building a team?

Who cares if he ever made the all-star team or not? You think ASG appearances mean Big Z was better? Who would you rather have had if you were building a team?

You're a ****ing idiot.

No surprise here. The Kobe fanboy is claiming that Z was "technically an allstar" because he was only 2 years removed from making the all star game, even though he was completely washed up by 2007, but claims that a similar argument for Butler "technicalmy being an all star" shouldn"t count

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    It blows my mind how you could still be upset about a 17 year old kids tattoo choice and try to rationalize hating him for nearly 20 years because of it.
    He hasn't changed. Why else did he ring chase by creating superteams? He's a lazy entitled millennial shitbag. Glad his shortcuts only got him 3*/9.

That's earned.

You're a ****ing idiot.
    The irony there. He schooled you.

You're a ****ing idiot.

What did I say that was dumb?

Calm down.

What did I say that was dumb?

Calm down.
    Bro we are talking about 2 different things.

One poster said lebron didnt have an allstar and I responded saying he did. I also mentioned how I firmly believe that cavs team was probably the worst ever to make the finals....I'm not saying his team was great because he had another allstar, I'm just mentioning the fact that he did. Go back and read, in no way am I trying to make an argument against bron and that 2007 team. ..I'm just stating a fact.

FACT: by 2007 finals, ilgauskas made 2 all star teams (recent ones)

That's all it is, that's what that discussion was.

You're over here talking about "would you rather have odom or ilgauskas", which is fine, but I'm not claiming that ilgauskas is better so idk why you bring that up

Really shows how easily Lebron could had been 2-9. Just be grateful that Kawhi missed those free throws instead of complaining. Look at the bright side.

bosnian sajo is a fucc boi

No I get it, you're right he wasn't a GAME CHANGER, but he was an all star. That's my point. He didn't make it without an all star teammate. 03 allstar, 05 all star, 07 nba finals.

Now mind you, it is in my belief that the 2007 Cavs team might have been the worst group of guys to EVER make it all the way to the finals. I haven't gone back to check finals teams to say this, but imo it's pretty obvious. I'm not pointing out Ilgauskas's all star appearances in order to make that team look sexier, lol. Just spitting facts.

RRR3 mentioning Caron Butler as an all star makes no sense since that was something that occurred in the future, not while he was a Heat or Lakers player.
    Oh ok, that's respectable. Myself personally, I don't really hang my hat on all star teammates or not just good details to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    He hasn't changed. Why else did he ring chase by creating superteams? He's a lazy entitled millennial shitbag. Glad his shortcuts only got him 3*/9.

That's earned.
    I get it, you're also upset that he used the power he could wield to increase his chances at rings. You're not a fan on either of your accounts we get it. Thing that sucks most about him being a millennial is I'm willing to bet good money you're in the same age bracket, ie: a millennial yourself