Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb [Screamin A] "This season might be the greatest season in the last 1/4 century"

"There are legitimate nine title contenders in the NBA"

I tend to agree, there are no sure bet juggernauts. It's going to be a bloodbath

Default Re: [Screamin A] "This season might be the greatest season in the last 1/4 century"

Clippers have the best shot. And I hope they get it, would be nice to see history made from one guy winning a chip in a dumpster fire city like Toronto, taking off (because even all that money they offered him and a championship wasn't enough to stay in trash Toronto, LOL) and then winning another chip the very next year.... in the other conference.

That would show some serious dominance in the league, one we haven't seen since MJ.

Default Re: [Screamin A] "This season might be the greatest season in the last 1/4 century"

great thread OP

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth
    Clippers have the best shot. And I hope they get it, would be nice to see history made from one guy winning a chip in a dumpster fire city like Toronto, taking off (because even all that money they offered him and a championship wasn't enough to stay in trash Toronto, LOL) and then winning another chip the very next year.... in the other conference.

That would show some serious dominance in the league, one we haven't seen since MJ.
    last year was arguably a top-5 nba season of all-time, this is objective

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    "There are legitimate nine title contenders in the NBA"

I tend to agree, there are no sure bet juggernauts. It's going to be a bloodbath
    9? Not even close. There's 2.5 teams that are contending. Lakers, clippers and whoever comes out of the east. Whoever that is won't have much of a shot. That's why I said .5

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    9? Not even close. There's 2.5 teams that are contending. Lakers, clippers and whoever comes out of the east. Whoever that is won't have much of a shot. That's why I said .5
    I don't agree, barring injuries which is inevitable many teams have a 'shot'.

And there are a handful of sleepers

Bran has zero excuses

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    This

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    last year was arguably a top-5 nba season of all-time, this is objective
    Yeah top 5 most forgettable season I agree

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98
    Yeah top 5 most forgettable season I agree
    Asterisk rings will do that to a season.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Bran has zero excuses
    Once more and he will still manage to lose

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

I just hope this isn't one of those years where injuries start dropping guys like flies for the season.

He's probably right though, not sure about 9 I'd say more like 5 legit contenders for the chip and a ton of darkhorses depending on circumstance. Should be a great year for fans.

Sixers, Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, Bucks, Rockets, Jazz. Who are the other two?

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Sixers, Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, Bucks, Rockets, Jazz. Who are the other two?
    Nugs and Raps