Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant, Chasing History!

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Was Kobe taking 15 fga his first three years? NO he seldom made it off the bench his first year, his second year, he was a good role player and then he became more involved.
    Good thread. As a Laker fan I've learned to take the bad and good with Kobe. Give me 1-3 more rings with Kobe as the lead dog and he can take as many shots as he wants. Looking at the list it looks like they are all H.O.F.'s at a glance.

Serious playground baller MrJohnWall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    MJ missed 12345 FG in 15 years.

Kobe only missed less than 10997 in 14 years.

MJ will have missed more field goals in the 15 year sample than kobe (because kobe won't reach MJ's total by the end of this year).

So technically MJ is the king of missed FGs since he has the most in the shortest time frame.

So all this really shows is how irrelevant and misleading that is since everyone still considers jordan the goat.
    quoted for emphasism

Banned

Damn that kobrick

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    Good thread. As a Laker fan I've learned to take the bad and good with Kobe. Give me 1-3 more rings with Kobe as the lead dog and he can take as many shots as he wants. Looking at the list it looks like they are all H.O.F.'s at a glance.
    Exactly, I like Kobe myself. I'm just saying for all the good he does, there's ALOT of bad he does too.

He shoots, he bricks. Mr. Grieves's Avatar

Hmmm low FG% for Kobe so far this year. He is either due for some really good games or his bricks will consume all.

I know who you got this from, Rose... Lets just say he came back from hiatus recently.

Great research, though. His stat work and/or facts are always on point. This type of stuff won't win you over with the fanbois dude, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    I know who you got this from, Rose... Lets just say he came back from his hiatus recently.

Great research, though. His stat work and/or facts are always on point. This type of stuff won't win you over with the fanbois dude, lol.
    Good, I'm glad someone does. He didn't want credit when I asked so...yeah. Trust me I wouldn't have gotten that far on my own unless I was REALLYYYY bored. lol

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I find this thread incredibly ironic considering this guy swings from derrick roses' nuts daily.

I find this thread incredibly ironic considering this guy swings from derrick roses' nuts daily.
    Why are you so upset? Thread shows Kobe isn't some godlike figure; that's a good thing.

Great list of players if u ask me. Kobe will win 2 more rings before he gets to the top of that list.

Banned

MJ will have missed more field goals in the 15 year sample than kobe (because kobe won't reach MJ's total by the end of this year).

So technically MJ is the king of missed FGs since he has the most in the shortest time frame.

So all this really shows is how irrelevant and misleading that is since everyone still considers jordan the goat.

OP's agenda thread has been neutralized.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Why are you so upset? Thread shows Kobe isn't some godlike figure; that's a good thing.
    I'm not mad brah. Just clearing some misconceptions.

U shot his thread down with this 1
    Last edited by G-Funk; 12-07-2010 at 09:38 PM.

For those who struggle with reading...
    Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Postseason isn't included in regular season FGAs missed.

Kobe has an additional 2,213 misses in the playoffs. After this next season, he will surpass Jordan in playoff misses.

While Jordan has 12,345 misses (which Kobe will clearly surpass within 2 seasons), he also happens to have 12,192 career makes (postseason not included). Kobe doesn't even have 10,000 career makes. By time he eclipses Jordan's 12,345, he might not even have 10,000 makes yet, as he's only at 9,152 now.

Will Kobe get 848 FGMs in his next 1,348 attemps? That's a FG% of 62.9%. So the odds (for Kobe) doing that, are as close to 0% as they can possibly get. He'll have more misses than Jordan, with over 2,000 less makes.

He's also the youngest player to get 10,000 misses. We trump up Kobe for youngest to score points, but he's doing so at an exponential rate of missing as well.

So while Jordan has plenty of misses, he has nearly as many makes at the same time. Kobe's makes are nowhere near his amount of misses. As he misses 55% of his shots. Some like to make the agrument, "oh, a few FG% difference is like 1-2 shots a game!) True, but over a career, it's over 2,000. Quite clearly.
    Someone else was kind of enough to dive into it while I was tackling other posters.

Serious playground baller MrJohnWall's Avatar

Had to quote it a again... This is what you call a thread killer