Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Honey Nut Melo's: 34 min, 4-13, 1 ast, 4 tov, -21

"HE'S BACK!"

Default Re: Honey Nut Melo's: 34 min, 4-13, 1 ast, 4 tov, -21

He conned the Blazers into getting him a full season contract.

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    "HE'S BACK!"

Poor little Simon did they leave you alone for the weekend again? do you need a diaper change?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    He conned the Blazers into getting him a full season contract.
    Nah, not really. He is already better than a lot of players on this bench. Plus we need him even more now that Hood went down.

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh

National High School Star

who makes a thread poking fun at a 34-35 year old player who hasn't played in a year having a James Hardenesque game? If he doubled his attempts thats 8-26 add in 3-173pt and 17-18 from the line and that's 36pts on 26 shots

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    who makes a thread poking fun at a 34-35 year old player who hasn't played in a year having a James Hardenesque game? If he doubled his attempts thats 8-26 add in 3-173pt and 17-18 from the line and that's 36pts on 26 shots

You're thinking 05-06 Kobrick'esqe

Harden'esque gets it done with playmaking, leadership, momentum and ability to deliver wins despite an off shooting night.

And he doesn't have anyone close to prime Odom + Butler

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Carmelo puts up numbers vs the shitty teams and does nothing vs the good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Carmelo puts up numbers vs the shitty teams and does nothing vs the good teams.
    Seriously, what did you guys expect from a guy his age who hadn't played in the NBA a year? You guys were probably all saying he was done 2 years ago so now you expected what exactly...?

Seriously, what did you guys expect from a guy his age who hadn't played in the NBA a year? You guys were probably all saying he was done 2 years ago so now you expected what exactly...?
    I didn't expect anything. It's just annoying how overrated he gets when he has a good game vs a lottery team that doesn't play defense.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I think he's done quite well so far, but you can't blame people when we see thread after thread claiming shit about Melo the last few years that was just objectively false.

It has actually been the opposite of what proponents of guys like Melo/Wiggins/Parker are always saying...which is that haters only bring up the bad games...etc.

No, the stans only want to talk about the games they play well...while ignoring games from those guys like when Wiggins went 7-24 the other night.

You see anyone making a thread about it?

The double standard is actually flipped from what people think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I think he's done quite well so far, but you can't blame people when we see thread after thread claiming shit about Melo the last few years that was just objectively false.

It has actually been the opposite of what proponents of guys like Melo/Wiggins/Parker are always saying...which is that haters only bring up the bad games...etc.

No, the stans only want to talk about the games they play well...while ignoring games from those guys like when Wiggins went 7-24 the other night.

You see anyone making a thread about it?

The double standard is actually flipped from what people think it is.
    ummm... I guess but I just don't really agree or see that, the amount of times I've seen threads about Wiggins being trash over the years, people ripping Melo like it's a part-time job. It's almost like a form of entertainment for some people. Maybe I'm not getting it forced down my throat the way you guys are but most people said the guy was done ages ago, he came back and has flashes of play better than a lot of players in the league and (some) people get excited because they probably like to see a guy who used to be a great scorer in this league having a second chance and showing at least at times that he can still play. What am I gonna do, that doesn't really bother me.

As for Wiggins people are now talking about him in a positive light because he's changed to a degree that most people didn't think possible or sustainable, so it's notworthy based on how he played before that. I don't mind hearing about Wiggins and Melo when they play well, Pascal Siakam, Miami's hot start, Luka etc. I'm pretty sure I've heard probably more than enough of the same recycled conversations about Harden, Lebron, Jordan, Kobe etc

ummm... I guess but I just don't really agree or see that, the amount of times I've seen threads about Wiggins being trash over the years, people ripping Melo like it's a part-time job. It's almost like a form of entertainment for some people. Maybe I'm not getting it forced down my throat the way you guys are but most people said the guy was done ages ago, he came back and has flashes of play better than a lot of players in the league and (some) people get excited because they probably like to see a guy who used to be a great scorer in this league having a second chance and showing at least at times that he can still play. What am I gonna do, that doesn't really bother me.

As for Wiggins people are now talking about him in a positive light because he's changed to a degree that most people didn't think possible or sustainable, so it's notworthy based on how he played before that. I don't mind hearing about Wiggins and Melo when they play well, Pascal Siakam, Miami's hot start, Luka etc. I'm pretty sure I've heard probably more than enough of the same recycled conversations about Harden, Lebron, Jordan, Kobe etc
    If Carmelo is underrated now it's because he was so overrated when he was younger. He was actually talked about in the same breath as a LeBron, Wade, or Kobe when he wasn't even close to being on their level.