Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Curry's PPG and true shooting %.... without the 3-point line

Formula for true shooting = PTS/(FGA + 0.44 x FTA)

*[COLOR="indigo"]STEPHEN CURRY[COLOR="White"]K[/COLOR] 2016:[/COLOR][COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 24.9 ppg on 56.5% ts
    [COLOR="White"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"]MICHAEL JORDAN 1988:[/COLOR][COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 34.9 ppg on 60.1% ts

*thru 55 games

steph would be a good player in the 70's, but nowhere NEAR the best player in the league.

today's 3-point obsession has provided spacing, which has watered down the game, including the skill, players, and brand of basketball.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Curry's PPG and true shooting %.... without the 3-point line

Another Jordan stan feeling threatened, what else is new?

I ****ing love you bro. The best to ever do it. Nobody does it like you. NOBODY!

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    See, that's what the 3-point line and soft rules has done:

it makes perfect sense that the arbitrary, artificial creation of the 3-point line would eventually enable a team that shoots them well enough to break the wins record..... especially if the league removed barriers to penetration to increase drive-and-kick.

Who cares if Curry and Klay can't hold a godamn candle to MJ and Pippen... Heck, MJ could beat them both by himself if it was all 2-pointers.. But WITH the 3-point line, these preppy kids can say they're good basketball players.. It's a joke

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    See, that's what the 3-point line and soft rules has done:

it makes perfect sense that the arbitrary, artificial creation of the 3-point line would eventually enable a team that shoots them well enough to break the wins record..... especially if the league removed barriers to penetration to increase drive-and-kick.

Who cares if Curry and Klay can't hold a godamn candle to MJ and Pippen... Heck, MJ could beat them both by himself if it was all 2-pointers.. But WITH the 3-point line, these preppy kids can say they're good basketball players.. It's a joke
    they will destroy jordan ,cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy

Hey, guess what? 3 point line existed when Jordan played, and he even had the benefit of a shortened version of it. Not anyones fault but his own he couldn't be a more efficient scorer than Curry.

Formula for true shooting = PTS/(FGA + 0.44 x FTA)

*[COLOR="indigo"]STEPHEN CURRY[COLOR="White"]K[/COLOR] 2016:[/COLOR][COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 24.9 ppg on 56.5% ts
    [COLOR="White"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"]MICHAEL JORDAN 1988:[/COLOR][COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] 34.9 ppg on 60.1% ts

*thru 55 games

steph would be a good player in the 70's, but nowhere NEAR the best player in the league.

today's 3-point obsession has provided spacing, which has watered down the game, including the skill, players, and brand of basketball.
    I actually agree with this. I'm not a fan of what the game is becoming, and when the 3 point line was introduced I doubt that anyone envisioned that it would completely dominate the game. It wasn't that long ago that shooting a lot of 3 pointers was considered a BAD thing. Teams that shot a lot of 3's often did so because they were incapable of getting higher % shots. Man how times have changed.

Just because Jordan wasn't a good 3 point shooter doesn't mean you have do drag Curry down to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Another Jordan stan feeling threatened, what else is new?

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Prime Barkley is the greatest scorer inside the 3-pointline that ever lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Prime Barkley is the greatest scorer inside the 3-pointline that ever lived.
    He was top 10, but nowhere near Jordan

I could post 1000 different shots or moves in the halfcourt that Barkley can only dream of doing.

Jordan led the league in scoring for 10 straight seasons shooting almost all 2-pointers just like Barkley.

Barkley had his chance to outplay MJ, and it didn't happen - MJ averaged 41 ppg - Barkley doesn't come close.

I rule the local playground

Flip side may also be true. Jordan might not be the best player in today's league because his game was not crafted to today's rules. You like the old game better. So do I. My dad thinks that it's not real football if a player doesn't play both offense and defense. My answer to him is the same as my answer to you and me. The game changed, get over it, or stop watching.

As for the other point, I don't see why anyone would have foreseen why the three point line would create such a disparity in talent. As a shooter, Curry is as much of an outlier now as Jordan was as a freak athlete and competitor. By their very nature, people don't foresee outliers of this sort. It remains to be seen whether other people start to develop shooting skills similar to Curry's, or if in years to come, people will be anticipating the "next Curry" in the same way that every new star was the "next Jordan." On that, I simply don't know.

I rule the local playground

And the greatest scorer was Chamberlain. He has 5 of the top 6 leading scoring averages. And I know, you always exclude Chamberlain from your discussions, but its not legitimate.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

He was top 10, but nowhere near Jordan

I could post 1000 different shots or moves in the halfcourt that Barkley can only dream of doing.

Jordan led the league in scoring for 10 straight seasons shooting almost all 2-pointers just like Barkley.

Barkley had his chance to outplay MJ, and it didn't happen - MJ averaged 41 ppg - Barkley doesn't come close.
    post them right here right now,all of the 1000 different moves