Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Can we agree on one thing about prime Dwyane Wade?

Agreed with OP

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Goro
    Never heard of fines for criticizing refs? He clearly has additional incentive to not blame refs. He also probably doesn't want his players making excuses and wants them focusing on what they do have control over. You really are blinded by being "a Heat fan."
    I ca assure you that I am objective here. I don't care if you believe me or not. The only reason I mentioned I am a Heat fan was because I could say I watched all the games more than once .

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    '06 Shaq one of the most dominant players of his era? You're reaching.

Also, on the Free Throw thing. Kobe shot 96 Free Throws vs the Jazz in the 2008 WCSF..nothing to say there? How about the '01 series where he averaged 15 Free Throws a Game vs the Kings? As a matter of fact in the Game Kobe had 62 through 3 quarters vs the Mavs he shot 25 Free Throws in 3 quarters. Free Throws are never brought up for those performances but when it's Wade, it's the first thing mentioned.
    I'm not trying to penalize Wade for getting to the line but when you start talking about more impressive Finals than two players have ever done like OP is doing, who are both clearly better than him at that, it's good to provide the proper context.

All I did was ask a simple question and half of you Wade stans went on bitch rants maybe because deep down you know there's something to it.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    I'm not trying to penalize Wade for getting to the line but when you start talking about more impressive Finals than two players have ever done like OP is doing, who are both clearly better than him at that, it's good to provide the proper context.
    This makes no sense. So because Kobe & Bron are better than Wade, he can't have a better Finals than them?

All I did was ask a simple question and half of you Wade stans went on bitch rants maybe because deep down you know there's something to it.
    As soon as Wade's '06 Finals are mentioned the first thing brought up are Free Throws(proven wrong) especially by you Kobe stans but when the Heat comes at Kobe shooting Free Throws it's deflections

Quote Originally Posted by robby712
    I ca assure you that I am objective here. I don't care if you believe me or not. The only reason I mentioned I am a Heat fan was because I could say I watched all the games more than once .
    That is probably for the best. Either way, your point about Avery is silly and invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Just want to know are we all in agreement that what he did in the 2006 NBA Finals is more impressive than anything Kobe or Lebron did in their careers so far?

He was in his 3rd year I think. Miami was down 0-2. They were a quarter away from being down 0-3 and he carried them from the brink of almost certain elimination. The way he played in the 4 wins was god like dominance. His bank shot was cash. The only thing I've seen more automatic was prime Derrick Rose's floater.

Dirk's performance in 2011 WCFs and Finals is the only thing that comes close in the past 15 years.

Oh shit, shots fired at both the Lebron Family AND Kobe Army!

RoseCity with NO [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]ucks to give.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

What people forget about in that series is the Mavs dumb strategy of intentionally fouling Shaq any time he touched the ball in scoring position. Sure, they were non shooting fouls, but it put the Mavs in the penalty early in the quarter.

Once that happened the game would open up even more for Wade. That's why people always say that nobody was allowed to touch Wade in that series. Well you're damned right because the Mavs were always in foul trouble!!

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

everyone knows this series was the most blatant rig job in NBA history

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    everyone knows this series was the most blatant rig job in NBA history
    Yet had Dallas made critical free throws they would have won the series. The NBA didn't do a very good job of rigging if they're putting the Mavs on the line with a chance to ice the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    '06 Shaq one of the most dominant players of his era? You're reaching.

Also, on the Free Throw thing. Kobe shot 96 Free Throws vs the Jazz in the 2008 WCSF..nothing to say there? How about the '01 series where he averaged 15 Free Throws a Game vs the Kings? As a matter of fact in the Game Kobe had 62 through 3 quarters vs the Mavs he shot 25 Free Throws in 3 quarters. Free Throws are never brought up for those performances but when it's Wade, it's the first thing mentioned.
    All facts.

Very good NBA starter

Wade played one of the worst Finals defenses in the last 40 years. The 06 Mavs weren't even top 10 in DRTG. Kobe spent his entire prime seeing GOAT level defenses in the Finals. That's not to mention the ridiculously horrible officiating that was going on in that series. 18 FTA per game in the last 4 games...lmao. What a ****ing joke.
    Last edited by Jacks3; 02-17-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Wade played one of the worst Finals defenses in the last 40 years. The 06 Mavs weren't even top 10 in DRTG. Kobe spent his entire prime seeing GOAT level defenses in the Finals. That's not to mention the ridiculously horrible officiating that was going on in that series. 18 FTA per game in the last 4 games...lmao. What a ****ing joke.
    Wade shredded the Pistons' defense in back to back seasons, the same Pistons who held Kobe in check in the 2004 finals. Dallas may not have been a defensive juggernaut, but Wade throughout his career has actually had some of his best performances against statistically great defenses.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 02-17-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    How many Freethrows did he average in the Finals that year?
    The same amount that Kobe averaged against the Utah Jazz in 2008.

16 free throws a game.

I guess it is okay when it happens for Kobe though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Wade is statistically a better performer against elite defenses in his prime compared to Kobe.

Another fact.