Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Lets discuss Lebron's 4th quarter, shall we?

What happened?

Default Re: Lets discuss Lebron's 4th quarter, shall we?

No aggression plus good d= 2-4 1to and a game 1 lost... Gotta step it up this one's on james... We'll bounce back

He played passive. He didn't play aggressive enough until it was too little to late. He was passing to players that were hot in the first half and not looking for his own shot. Which is what makes him a better player.

However this is a small sample size. Remember Miami lost game 1 against OKC last season. They lost game 1 against Chicago Bulls this year. They almost lost game 1 against the Indiana Pacers. The Miami Heat usually use game 1 to "feel" there opponent out and then make there adjustments. It's happened every year in every series. The only game 1 they did win and it felt they were still doomed and playing complacent was against the Mavericks. This game 1 loss gives them more of a sense of urgency and will make the team make adjustments;

For example Shane Battier will get less playing time, Mike Miller will get more. They played complacent in the whole second half and never really scared San Antonio with more drives / lay-ups / post ups. Instead they were looking for there jump shot rather then forcing the issue (when Miami is at there best)

If San Antonio come out harder game 2 though and Miami don't respond. I know another parade will be on in San Antonio.

Heat in 6.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

That pass for Bosh 3 was terrible. He was driving on Duncan at the basket and kicked it out.

I get Bosh got an open 3, but that isn't a good shot. Lebron could have finished against Duncan and cut it to 2.

Started on the bench, came in, looked shaky for a bit, but then got it together and scored 6 points and had 7 rebounds. ****ed up a bit on Parker at the end, though.

Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

2011 Lebron happened.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieW
    That pass for Bosh 3 was terrible. He was driving on Duncan at the basket and kicked it out.

I get Bosh got an open 3, but that isn't a good shot. Lebron could have finished against Duncan and cut it to 2.
    Yep. This play really irked me. He could have jammed that on Duncan. Can't believe he passed it, but I guess he was trying to cut it to 1 instead of 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DFish24
    2011 Lebron happened.

a 2011 lebron wouldnt even want the ball in his hand.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

The gameplan was obviously for Lebron to facilitate. He was trying to get everyone else going.

He can't facilitate and dominate offensively at the same time, no more than a person can sit and stand at the same time.

Normal Lebron. 2012 was an anomaly.

The ISH'ers Champion!

I love the spin. Here, a free spin.

I rule the local playground

Ever since his first airball, you could tell he wasnt trusting his jumper.

No jumper = kick out pass every time you drive to the basket but face a zone D.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Yep. This play really irked me. He could have jammed that on Duncan. Can't believe he passed it, but I guess he was trying to cut it to 1 instead of 2.

No, it was a low IQ play, Duncan had 5 fouls & most likely gets called for his 6th if Lebron doesn't pass out

Quote Originally Posted by RichieW

That would've changed the whole game.

San Antonio go into panic mode since Miami have scored 5 or 7 straight points and try and rush a shot. It happens every single time Miami go on a run no matter what team they are playing.

LeBron did not capitalise the way he can. He did not dominate the way he can. However this is not like the Dallas Finals or the San Antonio finals that LeBron has lost before. He has been learning from his mistakes He did not have as many weapons in those series as he does now. Also bar what anyone said Spoelstra is a good coach that can make good adjustments. Watch the defence on Duncan and Parker next game. Duncan will be played much more by Bosh rather then Bosh on Splitter, and will also be fronting Duncan then playing him front on, and going for less fakes (the way you defend Duncan is making him front you and play over you rather then letting him go for his spin moves or his foot pivoting).

Miami will bounce back.

I'm expecting them to take the next 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza
    Ever since his first airball, you could tell he wasnt trusting his jumper.

No jumper = kick out pass every time you drive to the basket but face a zone D.

What would no jumper have to do with driving to the basket? If his jumper is not falling of course he is going to drive to the hoop but it doesn't explain him kicking the ball out.