Default Bulls Acquire Mcdermott From Denver

The Chicago Bulls announced tonight the acquisition of the 11th pick in the 2014 NBA Draft (Doug McDermott) and forward Anthony Randolph from the Denver Nuggets, for Chicago

Default Re: Bulls Acquire Mcdermott From Denver

[QUOTE=insidehoops]The Chicago Bulls announced tonight the acquisition of the 11th pick in the 2014 NBA Draft (Doug McDermott) and forward Anthony Randolph from the Denver Nuggets, for Chicago

Even though I'm not a big fan of his (and hindsight being Harris fell who I think was a better fit overall) I'll trust the scouting. They haven't ****ed up in a long time.

McBuckets and Anthony Randolph. Good show.

Now we need an dynamic big guard and a backup center.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Still need to get 'Melo or Love or this offseason will be considered a failure.

Was upset about this move as it was happening during the draft and I'm still unsettled about it now.

I understand the reasoning behind getting McDermott. He was the best shooter in the draft and shooting was our biggest need so we took care of that, but I just felt we gave up too much in order to do so.

With the 16th and 19th pick in such a deep talented draft I feel we could have gotten two future impact guys instead of just 1.

I understand we got back Anthony Randolph in the deal as well, but he's a huge unknown at this point.

I would have been much happier getting Gary Harris or James Young and then Rodney Hood or PJ Hairston. If we wanted to go PG then Shabazz Napier was available too.

Two picks being any combination of the guys I mentioned and I am much more content with the results of the draft.

With that being said all of that is my personal opinion and I'm not being too critical because I do have faith in this coaching staff and front office especially with their track record as of late.

Hopefully they and McDermott can prove me wrong. I hope that they can find a way to use McDermott and his strength which is obviously his shooting to the advantage of everyone.

I was excited when we brought in Jimmer Fredette because of his shooting and shot making ability, but we never used him even when we clearly needed some help offensively. Supposedly because of his ineffectiveness defensively.

Now will Thibs play McDermott? He is not that great of a defender either.
    Let's see.

Anthony Randolph came in with a lot of help but he has shown flashes and despite being in the league for a while now is still young. Maybe Thibs cn resurrect his career similar to what he did with DJ Augustin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Even though I'm not a big fan of his (and hindsight being Harris fell who I think was a better fit overall) I'll trust the scouting. They haven't ****ed up in a long time.
    I've wanted Gary Harris from the beginning of the draft process. Felt he can be Bradley Beal and was disappointed we didn't grab him given the opportunity.

Gary Harris and Rodney Hood would have been my two choices.

Both came from good schools Michigan St and Duke and coached by two legends in Izzo and Coach K and both stayed in school a few years.

Both are pretty good shooters but also good defenders as well.

Hope McDermott works out. I'll sure be rooting for him.

Doing a little more research I have read McDermott tested more athletic than people thought so that is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    Was upset about this move as it was happening during the draft and I'm still unsettled about it now.

I understand the reasoning behind getting McDermott. He was the best shooter in the draft and shooting was our biggest need so we took care of that, but I just felt we gave up too much in order to do so.

With the 16th and 19th pick in such a deep talented draft I feel we could have gotten two future impact guys instead of just 1.

I understand we got back Anthony Randolph in the deal as well, but he's a huge unknown at this point.

I would have been much happier getting Gary Harris or James Young and then Rodney Hood or PJ Hairston. If we wanted to go PG then Shabazz Napier was available too.

Two picks being any combination of the guys I mentioned and I am much more content with the results of the draft.

With that being said all of that is my personal opinion and I'm not being too critical because I do have faith in this coaching staff and front office especially with their track record as of late.

Hopefully they and McDermott can prove me wrong. I hope that they can find a way to use McDermott and his strength which is obviously his shooting to the advantage of everyone.

I was excited when we brought in Jimmer Fredette because of his shooting and shot making ability, but we never used him even when we clearly needed some help offensively. Supposedly because of his ineffectiveness defensively.

Now will Thibs play McDermott? He is not that great of a defender either.
    Let's see.
    Anthony Randolph came in with a lot of help but he has shown flashes and despite being in the league for a while now is still young. Maybe Thibs cn resurrect his career similar to what he did with DJ Augustin.
    This is also my concern about Thibs, his unwillingness to play some players bec of his huge emphasis on defense. I still remember those crucial times when he benched Dunleavy when the Bulls BADLY need his offense. Then I see Doc Rivers rolling the dice and play guys with whose defense were not great, guys like Jamaal Crawford and had success doing it....I just wish Thibs is taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27

Turning 2 picks into 1 was definitely their goal though, so this works out great when you take that into account.