Default The only person Steph Curry can blame for being incapable of winning FMVP is himself.

His fans are coming up with excuses left and right but the reality is he just doesn't deserve to be given a FMVP. At this point Shaun Livingston or Klay Thompson are both more deserving of a FMVP on the Warriors. Both are drawing a hell of a lot tougher assignments defensively while finding ways to contribute more efficiently on offense on a lot less shots.

If Warriors lose Kyrie or LeBron are the actual most obvious candidates (my vote goes to Kyrie) for a FMVP award in 2016 and are head and shoulders ahead of any Warriors players in terms of stepping up on the big stage for their team.

Default Re: The only person Steph Curry can blame for being incapable of winning FMVP is himself.

The only people who care about FMVP are homers and trolls. As a Warriors fan, I don't give a fukc who wins FMVP, as long as we win.

Default Re: The only person Steph Curry can blame for being incapable of winning FMVP is himself.

And I don't think the losing team should ever have the FMVP. It's a team game. You win as a team, you lose as a team. Just because an individual puts up good numbers doesn't mean he's deserving of FMVP. On a real TEAM, individuals sacrifice stats for the betterment of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    The only people who care about FMVP are homers and trolls. As a Warriors fan, I don't give a fukc who wins FMVP, as long as we win.
    100 tho, you know he cares. It matters to him. Why wouldn't it?

You know why it matters? Cuz he is their best player and he holds himself to that standard. It's not I MUST WIN FMVP, but it's kinda like he wasn't doing his part. If he played well and didn't get it... that would be one thing, but he's actually not playing well.

He's playing well for someone other than Curry, but if he doesn't come out and have another sig game, they may lose the series.

-Smak

In last years Finals Steph led them in scoring by 10 ppg. If it wasn't for that abnormally bad game 2 he could have easily won the FMVP. He lit it up in the other games.

Everyone on GS except Steph and Iggy wet the bed in last years Finals. Klay was MIA.

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

You don't really believe that.. I know that much

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

kyrie and lebron are being played straight up and dared to beat warriors by themselves, while cavs are trapping and denying curry at every opportunity and forcing other guys to beat them .. so it isnt a fair comparison here, although I do agree curry has to be more aggressive and show up with another game 2 or game 4 performance one of these last two to seal the deal

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Blame Steph for playing hard and carrying his team through concussions and mcl tears

unless Steph is lights out the next game or two then you have to give it to Lebron. No one has consistently played well for GSW, Curry is the 3rd best player in this series and he is getting outplayed by the opposing point guard.

NBA Legend

And I don't think the losing team should ever have the FMVP. It's a team game. You win as a team, you lose as a team. Just because an individual puts up good numbers doesn't mean he's deserving of FMVP. On a real TEAM, individuals sacrifice stats for the betterment of the team.

But what if he simply WAS the best/most valuable player in the series?

As you said, teams win or lose. The championship.

But FMVP is an individual award.

Cavaliers needs to lock him down in Game 6. He might explode.

He needs to know he can impact the game even without hitting his shots. He is capable of it, he shouldn't give up just because he ain't getting his normal shots.

Can a mod please sympathy ban Warriorstan and spare him these meltdowns? Every dang thread

Back to Business

lol I think curry could care less about a fmvp....

Well, the upside is he's still only 28 years old. Better luck next season.