Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: this is why Larry Legend is the GOAT SF

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    He plays like one.

I swear those running shots that the girl did was Larry's signature shot. It's so girly.
    Nah, he's too physical. He was awkward looking tho. I could see he runs like a girl or shoots like a girl but the way he plays is not.

haha @ people saying Bron is better than Bird. I'm sorry yawl but it's just not true.

-Smak

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

I wonder why is Bird so overrated on this board? In 2 years there will be no discussion between him and James.

I mean, he did save the NBA with Magic, but the guy has been playing on the most talented team, and one of the most talented teams ever for a decade. It was the team with 4-5 HOFers. Forget about the Heat. They are not even close to being stacked as those Celtics teams.

And he managed to win 3 rings and 2 FMVPs. I swear, if any other top 10 player was on that team instead of Bird, they would win 5 championships at least. And not to mention that Cedric Maxwell took the finals MVP from him.

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    I wonder why is Bird so overrated on this board? In 2 years there will be no discussion between him and James.

I mean, he did save the NBA with Magic, but the guy has been playing on the most talented team, and one of the most talented teams ever for a decade. It was the team with 4-5 HOFers. Forget about the Heat. They are not even close to being stacked as those Celtics teams.

And he managed to win 3 rings and 2 FMVPs. I swear, if any other top 10 player was on that team instead of Bird, they would win 5 championships at least. And not to mention that Cedric Maxwell took the finals MVP from him.

I disagree with this. In terms of other top 10 players, Bird was not on a stacked team. It was a good team, but nowhere near as good as LA was.

Those players are hall of Famers because of Bird. McHale was a monster, but who else was that good? They had a great front line and hard nosed D.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1981.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1984.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1986.html

Stacked... heh. That's why I rate Bird highly because the talent level he played with opposed to say, Magic, was much less.

Magic came into a team that an MVP already on it. Then they got Worthy who was his own sort of beast. Getting 3 rings in that era is WHY he is top 5 GOAT.

-Smak

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Bird would basically be a more perimeter style and overall better player of Dirk. Better ball handling and passing with just as good a midrange and post game while being a better rebounder. Defensively I would trust Bird far more on either SF's or PF's. Both thick in the clutch, but still I'd go with Legend on this one too.

Bird in his prime would be top 5 easily year in and year out.

And LOL at "played like a girl," Troll Obviously......but FYI anyways, Bird hustled hard on every play and was tough as nails.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Nah, he's too physical. He was awkward looking tho. I could see he runs like a girl or shoots like a girl but the way he plays is not.

haha @ people saying Bron is better than Bird. I'm sorry yawl but it's just not true.

-Smak

if Bron isn't as good as Bird, then he's right there with him...and Lebron's right dab in his peak too. We'll see what happens. Bird tends to be underrated on this board by many.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Bird would basically be a more perimeter style and overall better player of Dirk. Better ball handling and passing with just as good a midrange and post game while being a better rebounder. Defensively I would trust Bird far more on either SF's or PF's. Both thick in the clutch, but still I'd go with Legend on this one too.

Bird in his prime would be top 5 easily year in and year out.

And LOL at "played like a girl," Troll Obviously......but FYI anyways, Bird hustled hard on every play and was tough as nails.
    Nobody says he sucks like a girl. He was indeed very good during his time.

Aesthetically, he runs and shoots like a girl to me. It could be those tight uniforms and shorts. He reminds me of how a girl would play if they played amongst men.

I disagree with this. In terms of other top 10 players, Bird was not on a stacked team. It was a good team, but nowhere near as good as LA was.

Those players are hall of Famers because of Bird. McHale was a monster, but who else was that good? They had a great front line and hard nosed D.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1981.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1984.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1986.html

Stacked... heh. That's why I rate Bird highly because the talent level he played with opposed to say, Magic, was much less.

Magic came into a team that an MVP already on it. Then they got Worthy who was his own sort of beast. Getting 3 rings in that era is WHY he is top 5 GOAT.

-Smak
    What are you talking about? Mchale finished top 3 in MVP voting during the 1986 NBA Season. And the lakers and Celtics were just head and shoulders above their competitions. That's why I am giving some major props to the Bab boys Pistons for beating these 2 teams in the playoffs.

Even the Legendary Bird said that LeBron has the potential to become the greatest player of all time. He said that he had the greatest playoffs run in playoffs history last year.

Both LBJ and LJB are tied as the best small forward right now. LeBron might surpass him next season if he wins another MVP, and if he has a dominant Finals performance against the Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, Spurs or whatever team advance in the Finals.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 08-07-2013 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Nobody says he sucks like a girl. He was indeed very good during his time.

Aesthetically, he runs and shoots like a girl to me. It could be those tight uniforms and shorts. He reminds me of how a girl would play if they played amongst men.
    Yeah probably those short shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    What are you talking about? Mchale finished top 3 in MVP voting during the 1986 NBA Season. And the lakers and Celtics were just head and shoulders above their competitions. That's why I am giving some major props to the Bab boys Pistons for beating these 2 teams in the playoffs.

Even the Legendary Bird said that LeBron has the potential to become the greatest player of all time. He said that he had the greatest playoffs run in playoffs history last year.

Both LBJ and LJB are tied as the best small forward right now. LeBron might surpass him next season if he wins another MVP, and if he has a dominant Finals performance against the Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, Spurs or whatever team advance in the Finals.
    Ok, and compare them to the Lakers or even the 76ers. Who is better McHale or Kareem? McHale or Moses Malone?

I'm not saying their team wasn't good, but stacked... one of the best (outside of Bird) teams of all time? No way.

-Smak

Ok, and compare them to the Lakers or even the 76ers. Who is better McHale or Kareem? McHale or Moses Malone?

I'm not saying their team wasn't good, but stacked... one of the best (outside of Bird) teams of all time? No way.

-Smak
    Mchale is as as good or even better than Kareem in his late 30's. Just look at Mchale's Finals stats. He was putting up better stats than some of the Finals MVP in NBA history.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

[QUOTE=LosScandalous]That is an absolute myth and all these guys can buy into it, but there

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Nice, I hadn't actually seen the left handed game before. It appears as if he scored about 20 of his 47 using the left, no? I admit a tinge of disappointment that he didn't fire a lefty jumper at any point, but I think he made up for it with a couple of lefty floaters and skyhooks.

I'll take Larry at SF all day. His rebounding, passing, shooting, intangibles, team defense, and dedication are unmatched.

You had to watch Bird to understand how he is better than LeBron. There's no other way to convince someone.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Larry Bird would curb stomp Lebron James.

Anyone who thinks LBJ > Bird just started watching basketball recently.

I watched both their entire careers and they are 2 of my all time favorite players. Its not crazy to think either is better. To me its just too hard to compare them, they are too different. Not sure why anyone would have strong feeling either way about this.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD

Out f all the dumb arguments that I see constantly on this board the dumbest by far is the FMVP obsession. What the hell are you talking about? First all of why would it be held against Bird that a teammate had a great series. That's idiotic. Everybody knew who was easily the best player on the Celtics.. Can we shut up forever about FMVP talk like it really means a lot?