Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Starting line-up change possibly coming...

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...p_changes.html

Time to bench Singler imo... Although I'd go with Jerebko over Meeks as his replacement.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Starting line-up change possibly coming...

I don't like Jerebko at the 3 much. I really like what he brings as a compliment up front when he comes off the bench as a stretch 4. Meeks/KCP should be our starting wins

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Especially after watching todays game, it is clear that Singler just doesn't have the all around game to be a starter - he has terrible hands, is a below average defender, below average athleticism and makes too many bad decisions. In saying that, he has a good (and sometimes great) outside shot and has tremendous hustle / scrap / energy. I love him as a bench player (he played really well today) but I still think for this season he is our best option at SF.

This is because I absolutely love having Meeks come on as a 6th man. Meeks is fairly one dimensional but so effective at what he does.

I love KCP as a starter because he is knocking down his outside shot, and plays good to great man and lane defense. The thing that impresses me most about KCP this season is his ability to slow the game down in the half court game, is a very willing passer and lays good tea bball.

I don't like Jerebko as a starter, in fact, I would rather Tolliver start than Jerebko. But at this stage, until we draft someone or make a trade - Singler is the best option

On that note - what do you guys think of Wilson Chandler as a potential cog to this team? (Upgrade at the SF position)

NBA lottery pick

I like Wilson Chandler but I'm not sure he's a good enough outside shooter. I'm not sure how we could land him though. He grew up in Michigan too didn't he?

Pretty sure he is a michigan kid - which would help lure him over no doubt, but not sure what we would have to give up. I was hoping a 2nd round pick and butler or something, but think he will cost us more....

NBA lottery pick

Well, I'd hate to have to move a first rounder.

^ I agree, Chandler is deff not worth a first rounder...

If Batum comes up for sale however.... I wouldn't hesitate to move a first rounder

NBA lottery pick

Yup, Batum is worth a first rounder. I can't imagine he would be available though. Portland would be silly to move him.

Yeah so silly to move him, but weirder things have happened!

I'd rather take a shot with Galinari than Chandler, superior shooter and passer, very smart player just needs to find some good health

NBA lottery pick

Galinari would excel with bigs like Monroe and Drummond in the paint.

^^ My thoughts exactly, especially because he is 6'10 so would be able to play the stretch 4 role pretty well next to Dre / Moose during certain lineups...

Wonder how much it would take to get him?

NBA lottery pick

I don't think the Pistons have the assets to do it, unless they were to trade Monroe and then he'd have to be interested in staying there.

Decent college freshman

We basically have no trade ammo. We have to go into the offseason as is most likely. Then we can start making moves. Make a draft pick, sign a FA or 2 and/or make a few Tyler Zeller type deals

NBA lottery pick

I don't see why the Pistons who desperately need a SF wouldn't take a chance on a guy like Michael Beasley. It's certainly possible his time over in China humbled him a bit. His season should be over soon. I would imagine some team would pick him up. Detroit could be a good opportunity for him since he could actually have a chance of playing vs. going to a contender and sitting the bench.