NBA lottery pick

Default Will Bynum Traded

I guess this clears up the log jam at PG kind of.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/10/1...oit-pistons-in

The Boston Celtics are close to reaching a deal that will send center Joel Anthony to the Detroit Pistons in exchange for point guard Will Bynum, according to ESPN's Chris Forsberg.
    I don't really like Anthony all that much. I'm still not impressed by the moves SVG is making. I think this deal helps out the Celtics far more. It also tells me they are looking to move Rondo. Smart will be the starter and they just got their new back up. Maybe Bill Simmons is right. Rondo might be a member of the Knicks.

Default Re: Will Bynum Traded

Pistons needed a backup plan after Gray went down with his heart problems. Makes sense. I want to see Bynum get some more PT somewhere else. He deserves it.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Hopefully sets up a Rondo to Pistons trade :P

The way Augustin has been playing I don't think there was much of a role for Bynum anymore - Augustin has far outplayed our starter in Jennings thus far...

Anthony just gives us 6 fouls against the elite bigs in the league - which is a handy commodity to have up our sleeve - also protects the rim fairly well - just an ABSOLUTE scrub with all other facets of the game lol...

NBA lottery pick

It sounds like the Pistons must really like Dinwiddie

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/...r-pistons-role

By moving Bynum it pretty much means he probably won't be in the D-League this season. I'm almost wondering if Augustin is going to put some pressure on Jennings for the starting spot too.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

^^ Well he has been outplaying him thus far - although DJ looks for his own shot even more so than Jennings - But he has been making them so can't complain... I say he will be getting 20+ mins per game, Remember we still have heavy minutes with Meeks and KCP to both eventually return.

Spencer by all accounts is such a contrast to the other two point guards we have, more of a vasquez type - can't wait to see him out there feeding our bigs

Decent college freshman

I can't wait to see Dinwiddie at full strength.

I don't know what's not to like about this move. Its just a bottom of the roster necessity. You can't go into a season wit 2 Centers and Gray clearly can't go. Bynum was out of the rotation. Hard to say the Celtics won, as they are cutting Bynum. Rondo is sticking around for a bit.