Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Can we all agree that Curry > Jordan, Bran, Kobe as a person?

Quote Originally Posted by aquaadverse
    Lol. You guys that play the "never left their team" argument never talk about the rules in place about player movement or the rather, relatively paltry amounts players were making during that time. They weren't set for life after their rookie contracts. NBA had a rule in place that allowed NBA teams paying any amount to keep players in small market teams to keep franchise players so they didn't bolt to larger markets with better endorsement deals. These guys were making peanuts compared to todays players.

This whole colluded argument ignores that previous generations never had that option. It is a simplistic opinion that ignores history. The owners traded off this stuff for limited rookie salary and limiting what a max player can make under the last CBA.

Carry on.
    Bro, owners want max team cap with no max on players contract so players cant easily collude. But owners are soft. They gave in to the players union. So they are just hoping that no one will collude with the current cba until a fakkit named lebron james came in to the league.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman

Curry wouldnt have that work ethic if he has no ambition.
    He would work hard just because shooting 3-pointers and dribbling the way he does is FUN

It's fun dribbling like Curry, but it takes some serious practice.

Curry wouldnt have that work ethic if he has no ambition. And this guy is on pace of beating jordans, not just individual season, but team too. Then add in the fact that hes much younger when they first won their rings
    Curry's ambition was never to be GOAT, and he knows he never will be

Otoh, Jordan and Kobe's ambition WAS to be the goat... Their ambition >>>>

And btw, I'm defining work ethic to mean SPECIFICALLY hours in the gym doing INDIVIDUAL TRAINING - I believe Curry did a lot more of this than Jordan.

But this is actually a very narrow definition of work ethic - when it comes to sheer competitiveness and trying/working hard IN GAMES OR PRACTICES - than it's Jordan all the way.. No one was more competitive than him, and no one would work harder in a game to win.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    He would work hard just because shooting 3-pointers and dribbling the way he does is FUN

It's fun dribbling like Curry, but it takes some serious practice.

Curry's ambition was never to be GOAT, and he knows he never will be

Otoh, Jordan and Kobe's ambition WAS to be the goat... Their ambition >>>>

And btw, I'm defining work ethic to mean SPECIFICALLY hours in the gym doing INDIVIDUAL TRAINING - I believe Curry did a lot more of this than Jordan.

But this is actually a very narrow definition of work ethic - when it comes to sheer competitiveness and trying/working hard IN GAMES OR PRACTICES - than it's Jordan all the way.. No one was more competitive than him, and no one would work harder in a game to win.
    If curry wins 7 rings, Hes automatically goat. And he said, "one at a time", When asked if he wants to be goat. The guy is definitely aiming for that. Theres no way you'd be this good if you arent aiming for that. Actions speak louder than words.

Jordan Stopper

If curry wins 7 rings, Hes automatically goat. And he said, "one at a time", When asked if he wants to be goat. The guy is definitely aiming for that. Theres no way you'd be this good if you arent aiming for that. Actions speak louder than words.

Let curry get a fmvp vote before the GOAT talks

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    im suicidal coz nobody cares. I really need your attention man.
    Just pm me man

Not airballing my layups anymore

Bro, owners want max team cap with no max on players contract so players cant easily collude. But owners are soft. They gave in to the players union. So they are just hoping that no one will collude with the current cba until a fakkit named lebron james came in to the league.
    Dude exercised the rules to put himself to put him the best position to succeed. I rather doubt you wouldn't do the same in an equal position. Not saying I like it, but I understand why they would. They have a short career, need to earn money for their families.

Owners traded off to save themselves from themselves. I don't blame the players.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by aquaadverse
    Dude exercised the rules to put himself to put him the best position to succeed. I rather doubt you wouldn't do the same in an equal position. Not saying I like it, but I understand why they would. They have a short career, need to earn money for their families.

Owners traded off to save themselves from themselves. I don't blame the players.
    The owners agreed with a mutual understanding that they wont exploit the rules until bran betrayed them. Theres a reason why no one colluded in their primes except for bran. Because they are man enough to honor the agreement

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

And he said, "one at a time", When asked if he wants to be goat.
    Curry AVOIDED the question by saying "one at a time" - that's a politician dodge, not a man that believes he can be goat.

And it's ridiculous to think he could be - this is Curry's first season being the NBA's best offensive player - he has 9 more seasons (in a row) to match the GOAT... That won't happen - even Durant has fallen off since his 2014 peak - Curry will too... Only the real GOAT can sustain it for 10 years

Curry will slow down - [COLOR="Navy"]he won't be scoring champ, 1st team all-defense, MVP, all-star game MVP, and Finals MVP at 35 years old like Jordan was[/COLOR].. You seem to think this is EASY or something - no, it's a near-impossible feat that Curry has ZERO chance of matching...

Theres no way you'd be [COLOR="Red"]this good[/COLOR]
    But Curry isn't anywhere near GOAT-level this year - the defensive end precludes Curry from ever being GOAT.

His defensive capability and work ethic is shit compared to Jordan - Jordan busted his ASS on defense... Whereas Curry plays that matador D
    Last edited by 3ball; 03-27-2016 at 02:02 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Curry AVOIDED the question by saying "one at a time" - that's a politician dodge, not a man that believes he can be goat.

And it's ridiculous to think he could be - this is Curry's first season being the NBA's best offensive player - he has 9 more seasons (in a row) to match the GOAT... That won't happen - even Durant has fallen off since his 2014 peak - Curry will too... Only the real GOAT can sustain it for 10 years

Curry will slow down - he won't be scoring champ, 1st team all-defense, MVP, all-star game MVP, and Finals MVP at 35 years old like Jordan was.. You seem to think this is EASY or something - no, it's a near-impossible feat that Curry has ZERO chance of matching...

But Curry isn't anywhere near GOAT, even this year - the defensive end precludes Curry from ever being GOAT, or anywhere near..

His defensive capability and work ethic is shit compared to Jordan - Jordan busted his ASS on defense... Whereas Curry plays that matador D
    What matters is rings. even if he just matches jordans rings, hes automatically goat coz he didnt have goat atleticism.

And offense is much much harder than defense. So if curry beats him at the hardest part, no need to be insecure and prove that he too is better at the easier part. Besides, leadership>>>everything else. Thats why curry is a winner from the get go whil jordan needs phil to get out of the first round

Jordan Stopper

What matters is rings. even if he just matches jordans rings, hes automatically goat coz he didnt have goat atleticism.

And offense is much much harder than defense. So if curry beats him at the hardest part, no need to be insecure and prove that he too is better at the easier part. Besides, leadership>>>everything else. Thats why curry is a winner from the get go whil jordan needs phil to get out of the first round

curry is like a liberal arts major. Settling for easier degrees so he would have better GPA(stats). But in the end its the engineers, despite their lower GPAs, that succeed with life. Same with curry who settles for open 3's pts/layups instead of contested fadeaways for efficiency. Who secure his stats in the 1st quarters/garbage time instead of 4th quarters/clutch so he could have better looking stats. But in the end its the lebrons, who are tough on themselves, that wins in the end.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    excuse me for attention whoring man coz im so lonely. Im contemplating suicide. Hope you understand

Its ok man. Ill pray for you.

Decent playground baller

Agree with the thread title.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Curry is the face of the NBA for this very reason, he appears to be a good guy.

Lebron has shot himself in the foot(well bad footwork on his own), and that has made Curry the superstar he is just as much as anything else.

Time will tell if he is a scumbag as well....his career is only 1/3 through.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

By most accounts of what we know about them, yes.

Karl Malone is a bigger scumbag then Kobe, Jordan, and Lebron.