Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Is it just me or is John Wall looking scary good this year?

I've been on the Wall ride since day 1, ready for take off

First of all it is preseason. Secondly this was the only good game he has had in preseason. Last and certainly not least it was against the Knicks.

*yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    He was looking like a super fast Chris Paul in preseason, his jumper is wet
    No, it hasn't been wet. 16/51 (31.4%) on all jumpers. 31.6% from 3. He shot 37.5% overall from the field.

Wall is fast, he'll create a lot, and he'll defend. He's just not all that polished with his shot and overall control of the game.

But whatever. It's just preseason and I'm sure he'll work out his efficiency. Sucks Beal is out, Wall has to really carry a lot for his team right out of the gate.

Everybody talks about Rose and Westbrook in terms of the freakish athletic PG's. But Wall is in that class as well. The interesting thing about Wall is that he's probably the floor general of that bunch. I think u could argue Rose, but BOTH I feel are better than Westbrook in that sense. It seems Wall is the most pass first among the three. In order to round out his all around game, I think Wall should study some Gary Payton. If he can add those freak athletic gifts two Payton's great two dominance, Wall is gonna be EVER SICKER! It seems like he's headed in that direction already, but he's so young he's even close to his peak yet!

NBA rookie of the year

I remember thinking John Wall would kill the Indiana Pacers because he was even faster than Jeff Teague

It turned out John Wall is not a good slasher when he's in the halfcourt.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Everybody talks about Rose and Westbrook in terms of the freakish athletic PG's. But Wall is in that class as well. The interesting thing about Wall is that he's probably the floor general of that bunch. I think u could argue Rose, but BOTH I feel are better than Westbrook in that sense. It seems Wall is the most pass first among the three. In order to round out his all around game, I think Wall should study some Gary Payton. If he can add those freak athletic gifts two Payton's great two dominance, Wall is gonna be EVER SICKER! It seems like he's headed in that direction already, but he's so young he's even close to his peak yet!
    This.

Wall is the purest point of the super athletes at that position. And he just might be the fastest (too close to tell between he and Rose). As I said in another thread, Wall and Rose have among the best off hand as well. It is natural that Wall would take more time to develop as he is a true point guard. I would like to see a little more ego out of Wall. Get Kyrie back for getting picked before him in rookie games, USA ball, and all star activities. Now its going to be a lot harder because Kyrie is in a great situation.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    He is good but not scary good. So I guess it's just you.