Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Source : "I Eat First" - Kobe's Rudeness Rocks Lakers
    Feb 4, 2010

ISH idiots never cease to amaze me

Makes sense, when you consider how last season begin. All these new hall of famers and Kobe started shooting more than the previous season. So players might respect them, but so many of them will be worried that they won't get to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Makes sense, when you consider how last season begin. All these new hall of famers and Kobe started shooting more than the previous season. So players might respect them, but so many of them will be worried that they won't get to shine.
    Kobe FGA/g 2011-12 - 23.0

Kobe FGA/g 2012-13 - 20.4

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Kobe FGA/g 2011-12 - 23.0

Kobe FGA/g 2012-13 - 20.4

huh?
    omg Jstern just got ethered hard.

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Source : "I Eat First" - Kobe's Rudeness Rocks Lakers
    Feb 4, 2010

ISH idiots never cease to amaze me

Stop it.. Just stop

You ignored his other statement that he made at the beginning of last season and you also ignore the fact that his attitude is the same as it was in 2010..

Nothing has changed so it doesnt matter if he said it in 2010. He is still the same selfish "me first" guy

that may have been OK while Phil was the coach, but it wont work now because there is no other person with enough clout to create a true team environment... Kobe's attitude is about kobe first... That wont work

So all this bickering in the thread and I just realized it's an ESPN video. Yeah, no agenda there.

Who exactly is the guy who say he "talks to a lot of players/nobody wants to play with Kobe" ? Who are these players outside of Howard (great choice by the way ) who don't want to play with Bryant ? I didn't here any names. So who is this guy and why should we care ?

Not saying some of it can't be true, but a lot of these statements I here seems more and more like blowing it out of proportion.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    If look at a team like Miami, and compare the team attitude with the Lakers?

You see a world of difference..

Lebron goes on & on about how he plays for his teammates. He says he loves to pass as much, if not more than he loves to score

Wade talks about giving up the top dog status to make room for lebron so they can win more titles

Bosh talks about simply doing his part and rebounding and letting other guys carry the scoring load, and when he gets to shine, he'll do it.

Also, the unselfish environment gives the coach the credibility to implement his scheme and have the lesser players (and the team as a whole) buy into it.

Spoelstra doesnt have the clout to pull that off if his team is full of egos and 'me first' guys... the attitude that Wade & Lebron & Bosh bring to the team provides the proper environment and sets the example for how things are going run... It gives the coach the credibility to implement his scheme and things begin to fall into place after that. Phil Jackson was a rare kind of coach who had the clout and could manage many egos and get them to play together... But not too many other coaches can succeed in an environment like the Lakers.

Kobe is the guy with the most clout in that organization right now, and he has to set the tone for the rest of the team...

saying "its my team" & "I eat first"... That type of attitude is not going to get it done..

maybe he could get with MDA and they can develop a plan going forward where they are always on the same page (like TD and pop). Make sure the other players on the team have a defined role and help them fill it....
    that's just all talk. Lebron is the most selfish and stat obsessed superstar this league has ever seen. YOu play on lebron's team, you can forget about ever getting to dribble the ball. He will hold the ball for 20+ seconds then either go for a layup/dunk or pass to u for a bail out shot. this way he gets a bucket or an assist, that's the antithesis of unselfish play.

People are so dumb that they conflate assist numbers with making your teammates better. Look at all the careers Lebron has ruined or guys he sent off to retirement, Larry Hughes, Mo williams, shaq, ziguaskis, bosh, wade, etc

He relegates his teammates to spot up shooting or cutting to the basket. You can never expand your game playing with Lebron.

I rule the local playground

Carlos Boozer

The ISH'ers Champion!

So many LBJ fans in this thread...

The hate is unhealthy. The trolling is just a smoke screen.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneneo
    Carlos Boozer

• Playing with Kobe: You know what it was for me? And me and him are good friends, but I hadn't really trained with him -- is how hard he works. We saw his dedication to the game. He would get in the gym, lift weights, he would go over to the gym, get shots up before practice, go through the whole practice, and that was his routine every day. He's not great by accident is my point. He puts the work in. And I think what I learned about Kobe is he's so hungry to be good, he puts the work in. I just think his hunger and his determination is what I was most impressed with.

Michael Redd

• Playing with Kobe: We became good friends over that time period. We're around the same age, so we hung out and had the same perspective around that time. We had great respect, obviously, for each others' games, but talked more about life rather than basketball. And just competitive in practice. [Those] practices were some of the greatest practices I've ever been a part of. We matched up every day. And you can throw D-Wade in there. It was incredible. So great a teammate. We had a great time together off the court.

CP3 ON KOBE:
    Me and Kob really figured out how much we had in common on that trip. That Olympic experience is when we got a lot closer. Me and my wife send him Christmas cards and his family sends us Christmas cards, and now we talk on a regular basis. We both want to win so badly. It's one of those things where as great a relationship as we have, as long as we're playing on the same court against each other, we're always going to get into it, you know what I mean? That's the respect factor, because you know that he wants it just as bad as I do.

Jason Kidd

• Playing with Kobe: Kobe was great. He practices as if it's Game 7. He wants to prove that he's the best player in the world every single practice.

Tayshaun Prince

• Playing with Kobe: You learn a lot of things from Kobe, just his patience and things like that. Just the ultimate competitor. Stays in the gym all the time. Always wants to get better. Always wants to work. When you go out there and play against him, you have to be ready for war. He's always moving, he's always physical, you have to always be alert at any time.

Deron Williams

• Playing with Kobe: I just remember how competitive he was. Everything with him is a competition, and I'm kinda the same way. So we'd just be shooting casually, and it would turn into shooting games, which he would cheat on. (said jokingly)

LeBron James

• Playing with Kobe: That was the first time I'd had the chance to play with Kobe, and I'll always just remember being his teammate. He made a big impact on us. Of course, everyone always remembers that four-point play.

Dwyane Wade

• Playing with Kobe: That shot he hit in the title game, that long 3. No matter what else happens, that is when you're glad to have Kobe Bryant on your team. He played so big in that game. It was Kobe at his best. That was a Kobe moment right there. I was glad he was on my side.

Chris Bosh

• Playing with Kobe: When he hit that 3 against Spain and just posed there -- it was such a tense moment. It was a crazy shot. I wasn't expecting him to shoot, and when he did it took my breath away. That and people's reaction to him in China. That was crazy.

Mike Krzyzewski, Head Coach

• Coaching Kobe: The main thing I remember about coaching both Kobe Bryant and Chris Paul is 100 percent cooperation. Truly great players realize that two acting as one, rather than as an individual, can produce amazing results. With Kobe, coaching him in 2008 is what I had hoped to do 12 years earlier, which was to coach the best player on the planet. He cooperated fully and, really, it is one of the best moments of my coaching career.

Jim Boeheim, Coach

• Coaching Kobe: Kobe, from day one, is just the hardest-working player I've ever been around. He just does an unbelievable job. He came in, he worked out before practice and practiced harder than anybody and then worked out afterwards and continued the whole trip. The first trip we are qualifying and then the Olympics themselves. He's just an unbelievable competitor and in practice goes 100 percent every day in practice and that brings everybody else up to that same level. He was a huge part of us being ready in the Olympics to be able to win. Of course, when we needed a big shot, he made a big shot against Spain.

Mike D'Antoni, Coach

• Coaching Kobe: The intensity is off the charts and he makes everybody better just by his attention to everything the team does and buying into working out and all that. You're talking about one of the highest level of champions that the league has, and to coach him was a dream.

Nate McMillan, Coach

• Coaching Kobe: I've even looked at Kobe and said, 'I think there are times he wants the game close.' He doesn't want a blowout. He wants to play in the fourth quarter and he wants to play late in the fourth quarter and he wants the game close. I think that motivates him, as a way of challenging the game. I haven't talked to him, this is just me. I think he loves that moment so much that he prefers the game, he wants the game to be close so that he can play the fourth quarter.

No man, in ISH we ignore great players comment on the goods of a player but stick to the ones that makes the player looks bad.

For example, Smush Parker said kobe sucks.

@ theoneneo - Thanks.

All I ask for is names. I think I've only seen Andrew Bogut be the one mentioned in here against Bryant and I don't think it was the same thing. Where are all these other players who don't want to play with him ?

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    that's just all talk. Lebron is the most selfish and stat obsessed superstar this league has ever seen. YOu play on lebron's team, you can forget about ever getting to dribble the ball. He will hold the ball for 20+ seconds then either go for a layup/dunk or pass to u for a bail out shot. this way he gets a bucket or an assist, that's the antithesis of unselfish play.

People are so dumb that they conflate assist numbers with making your teammates better. Look at all the careers Lebron has ruined or guys he sent off to retirement, Larry Hughes, Mo williams, shaq, ziguaskis, bosh, wade, etc

He relegates his teammates to spot up shooting or cutting to the basket. You can never expand your game playing with Lebron.
    ^This is just "all talk"

The whole "stat pad" argument is BS..

Lebron is a playmaker.. He is a great passer, and forces team defenses to commit to him.. That frees up teammates for easier buckets..

The Heat just proved twice in row that they are an unselfish team.. The players all to a man talk about playing together and filling their roles and creating a single identity for the team

the lakers dont even have an identity..

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY

Yet you and your fellow Kobe fans are the loudest to critize Lebron for 11' Finals when he was doing the exact OPPOSITE of what you're saying here. So why is that? You should applaud him then for playing hot potato with the ball in 11' if him playing the way he usually plays is so detriment for his team and his teammates

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Yet you and your fellow Kobe fans are the loudest to critize Lebron for 11' Finals when he was doing the exact OPPOSITE of what you're saying here. So why is that? You should applaud him then for playing hot potato with the ball in 11' if him playing the way he usually plays is so detriment for his team and his teammates
    Opposite? You mean not being an efficient off-the ball shooter, slasher and bottomline choker? That's not the opposite, that's being inefficient, unable to play your role in the biggest stage of the game. Everyone has a role.

Why do these 2 year olds are allowed to post here.

A question to you. Do you agree with the assessment that LBJ choked in the 2011 Finals? Yes or No. Very simple.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 06-28-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Who exactly is the guy who say he "talks to a lot of players/nobody wants to play with Kobe" ?
    It's Rick Schwartz, he covers the NFL for Yahoo sports. He's just filling in for a day for Max Kellerman.

Last time he said he hoped Howard re-signs with the Rockets because he hates the arrogant Laker front office for thinking Howard will want to be a Laker just because they are the "Lakers" "I hope it blows up in their face" were his exact words