Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Never really watched GSW games: Has Curry always been this good?

I took notice 3 years ago when he almost took out the spurs. Greatest was coming, and future was gs

Good college starter

He wasn't this good as an NBA player but he was the best college player I'd ever seen. He was still launching the long bombs back then in a bad conference, it was really fun to watch, they were double teaming him off the ball.

College superstar

Most so-called Warriors fans can't even tell you how good David Lee was back in the day.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    He wasn't this good as an NBA player but he was the best college player I'd ever seen. He was still launching the long bombs back then in a bad conference, it was really fun to watch, they were double teaming him off the ball.
    Yeah that tourney was crazy. He upset a couple of teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    This thread proves that theres a bunch of bandwagoners in here. Curry was in the league waaay back in 2010, yet nobody gave a fuck about this guy back then because his teams were losing.
    5 years ago, there was no need to gush over this guy. Rose and Westbrook were pretty much getting the press as up and coming star PGs at that point, and CP3 was basically considered the best PG. It's only the past 2 seasons that Curry has earned the kind of praise being heaped upon him nowadays.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    5 years ago, there was no need to gush over this guy. Rose and Westbrook were pretty much getting the press as up and coming star PGs at that point, and CP3 was basically considered the best PG. It's only the past 2 seasons that Curry has earned the kind of praise being heaped upon him nowadays.
    Including this season, Curry has been in the league 7 years. 5 years ago, Curry was on a hapless Warriors team and was rolling his ankle injury every other week. But even then, head to head, Curry held his own and outplayed both Rose and Westbrook many times during those rookie and sophomore years....it's just being on the Warriors, nobody really cared.

Wasnt until Curry's 4th season the Warriors made the playoffs and gained himself any sort of national recognition while Rose and Westbrook were on playoff contenders early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    What are you talking bout? As a shooter, he's always been great. Rookie curry Was already foreshadowing that he was going to be one of the greatest shooter of all time. He was basically breaking 3pt records from the get go - most 3pt made in a season as a rookie (which now belongs to Lillard, but took him an additional 120 attempts for one extra make!) + record for x number of 3pt made at x% (40% I believe). Then once he healed that ankle bug, started breaking the total 3pt made season after season. And if you thought he was nothing but a pure shooting guard, that just means you weren't watching him. He became of the handful of rookies to drop a triple double, on 30 points no less and even a near 40 point triple double, also ended up with multiple 30-10 games and over a dozen of your favorite 25-5-5 marks. And this is playing along side monta Ellis. And it wasn't even the assist marks that proved anything, watching him you could see his court vision was way ahead of the curve for guards in his draft not to mention he came in the league learning the position on the go. And his passing skill was already up there. Watch some of his highlights as a rookie, he was rookie Nash with his half court alley oops. In 2013, started making his mark as the dangerous scorer he would become with the 54 on the Knicks and the way he dominated the nuggets in the playoffs. 2014 led the league in 30 and 10 games...so yeah, no.

As for op, has he been "this" good? No. He's having an all time elite type of season. But he's always been really good. Should've won roy imo, to Evans to basically have the best season of his career to take that away from him. Curry has always came in the next season having strengthened his weaknesses. They said he had no midrange, fixed that. Said he needed to work on his left hand, fixed that. Worked on his floaters, worked on his court vision, extended his range....I didn't think he'd attain the level he's playing at now but considering his work ethic, I guess it shouldn't be that surprising.
    Let's get real here and cut the bullshit, he was not that good of a player until the 2014-15 season. With that being said, he's been in total God mode ever since then.

He's probably doing an insane amount of PEDs - like the amount Wilt was doing back in the 60s.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Including this season, Curry has been in the league 7 years. 5 years ago, Curry was on a hapless Warriors team and was rolling his ankle injury every other week. But even then, head to head, Curry held his own and outplayed both Rose and Westbrook many times during those rookie and sophomore years....it's just being on the Warriors, nobody really cared.

Wasnt until Curry's 4th season the Warriors made the playoffs and gained himself any sort of national recognition while Rose and Westbrook were on playoff contenders early on.
    This.

And with Kerr being out, he got a chance to play a little more loose. That's why people are seeing some more of his crazy shots. Kerr tried to minimize those antics.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Let's get real here and cut the bullshit, he was not that good of a player until the 2014-15 season. With that being said, he's been in total God mode ever since then.

He's probably doing an insane amount of PEDs - like the amount Wilt was doing back in the 60s.
    He broke the 3 record in 13. He was been good. He just had ankle injury early on and had to focus on that in the offseason. Since 13 through he been getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Pumping someone with enough PEDs a player a better shooter.

That's a new science eh?
    Anyone with an IQ over 50 can see that doping helps to increase your long range shooting distance.

If you can't figure that out, you are a brain dead dumb ****.

NBA rookie of the year

Anyone with an IQ over 50 can see that doping helps to increase your long range shooting distance.

You are seriously a f*cking idiot. Can you die, please?

Banned

HGH/PED also help the ball go in 51% of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    He broke the 3 record in 13. He was been good. He just had ankle injury early on and had to focus on that in the offseason. Since 13 through he been getting better.
    I've been watching Curry plenty since 2010. He was not even really a good player until last season. People saying otherwise are either totally lying, or they just started watching him. Or they are just completely full of shit all the way around.

I'm not bashing Curry, he's definitely my favorite NBA player to watch play by far last season and this season, and he's clearly the best player in the NBA, but he was nothing more than a good shooter before last season, and the other areas of his game other than shooting were pretty average (or worse than that) before last season.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    You are seriously a f*cking idiot. Can you die, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    HGH/PED also help the ball go in 51% of the time?
    Anyone that says doping does not increase your long distance shooting ability is absolutely mentally handicapped.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 03-06-2016 at 01:40 PM.