Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Curry is better than Kobe

At passing and shooting.

But Kobe is the better rebounder, shot creator and defender.

Agree or disagree?

Default Re: Curry is better than Kobe

why is kobe better as a shot creator?

My 2 fav players, whata. Time!

I usually hit open layups

Rebounder and defender, I would say yes. Shot creator? Well... That's tough. I would go with Curry but that could be my excitement about Curry atm. Dont know.

Curry is better at creating his own shot tbh

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    why is kobe better as shot creator?
    He could in myriad of ways like mid range, baseline drives, hook shots, tear drops etc. Including the long ass 3's everyone now crowns Curry as God for.

But i think Steph is clearly the better shooter and more consistent passer. His floor game is just amazing tbh.

Banned

So what you are saying is Curry is a better alpha and Kobe a better beta? Curry Batman and Kobe Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Curry is better at creating his own shot tbh
    Nope. Kareem has the most unstoppable shot with his hook shot and i'd still put Jordan or Kobe's shot creating ability over his. I get that the 3 seems automatic from him, but we've seen it get suppressed before, people just have short memory.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    He could in myriad of ways like mid range, baseline drives, hook shots, tear drops etc. Including the long ass 3's everyone now crowns Curry as God for.

But i think Steph is clearly the better shooter and more consistent passer. His floor game is just amazing tbh.
    No one would argue that Curry has a bigger scoring skillset. Kobe likely has the greatest of all time but in terms of simply being able to score whenever you want, Curry has him beat. He shoots whenever he wants on whoever he wants. Kobe was working harder for his opportunities. So if you mean shot creator like actual more varied ways of scoring, okay, but who can get off a better look? Has to be Curry

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

All of that means nothing when you shoot 45%

Meanwhile Curry's career 3pt % is pretty much equal to Kobe's FG %... Kobe better shot creator tho if shot creating = chucking shots up without accounting whether or not the shot goes in.... I guess Kobe has the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    No one would argue that Curry has a bigger scoring skillset. Kobe likely has the greatest of all time but in terms of simply being able to score whenever you want, Curry has him beat. He shoots whenever he wants on whoever he wants. Kobe was working harder for his opportunities. So if you mean shot creator like actual more varied ways of scoring, okay, but who can get off a better look? Has to be Curry
    That's exactly what i said.

But for arguments sake , consider the times when the three is taken away. We've seen what it does to Curry.

That's exactly what i said.

But for arguments sake , consider the times when the three is taken away. We've seen what it does to Curry.
    Curry can finish in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    All of that means nothing when you shoot 45%

Meanwhile Curry's career 3pt % is pretty much equal to Kobe's FG %... Kobe better shot creator tho if shot creating = chucking shots up without accounting whether or not the shot goes in.... I guess Kobe has the edge.
    You sound alittle upset there brother. I don't really know what crawled up your ass but if you would care to remove Steph's **** from there for a second you would realize that what I'm saying is the complete and utter truth. The entire advanced metric generation is under the false conclusion that a few missed shots that puts Kobe's mere mortal 45% away from a guy like Lebron who's a career FG is 49 % is some how paramount to who's the better player.

You see a three go in at a good clip and think "Best there ever was". Steve Nash has a GOAT 3 pt % too, does that make him automatically better than Kob as well?

You sound alittle upset there brother. I don't really know what crawled up your ass but if you would care to remove Steph's **** from there for a second you would realize that what I'm saying is the complete and utter truth. The entire advanced metric generation is under the false conclusion that a few missed shots that puts Kobe's mere mortal 45% away from a guy like Lebron who's a career FG is 49 % is some how paramount to who's the better player.

You see a three go in at a good clip and think "Best there ever was". Steve Nash has a GOAT 3 pt % too, does that make him automatically better than Kob as well?
    Curry shoots better than Kobe from single part of the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Curry can finish in the paint.
    Better than Kobe Bryant?