Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jordan Clarkson

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Jordan Clarkson

He just made the All-Rookie first team.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

a pg version of brandoy roy , and i think clarkson plays better defense..

My goodness, Brandon Roy, Wade, Irving comparison...seriously?
    I hope these guys are right, but I see more like Jrue Holiday kind of player. Not an allstar but solid. The guy is super athletic but still needs some maturing to do. Better court vision, setting tempo etc etc.

NBA lottery pick

I figured they were just making fun of him, joking, etc. They can't be serious with a Roy or Wade comparison. He'll never be that.

Home of the 16

Steve Francis 2.0 maybe? I'd love that, to be honest.

Home of the 16

Off topic, just for the lulz:

From Tin Gamboa

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I figured they were just making fun of him, joking, etc. They can't be serious with a Roy or Wade comparison. He'll never be that.

I think guys were talkingg style of play.

But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised (which is different than saying I predict) if he is at the BRoy/ Wade level. Not saying he will be Kobe Freak'n Bryant for his Career for crying out loud.

Just saying, the Kid is Nice. As soon as he got consistent minutes, he was putting up (of the top of my head) something like 16 pts/5/4. Yes, the argument can be made that he we was doing this on a poor team. However, then you can always make the argument that Defenses only worried about him because of the Talent on the team.

However you slice, the Kid is good and doesn't have any true HUGE Flaws. ( for example: not a good shooter; not a good defender; etc.) for what it's worth, as mentioned above, kids biggest strength is probably his attitude and confidence. Really has that MJ/KB mentality. All we hear is that he works extremely hard and hasn't taken things for granted.

He can shoot.
    He's athletic.
    Rebounds and plays good defense
    Can play make
    Isn't selfish
    Isn't shy of the moment
    Isn't too small or too short.
    Isn't slow or a bad shooter/Free throw shooter.

Guy was a rookie. Again, not saying the guy will be the next Michael Jordan, but with hard work, dedication and mentality with Byron Scott as his Coach, Kobe Bryant on his ass, and playing for a fan base and first class organization like the Los Angeles Lakers, the sky is the limit for the Kid.

So Only good things for the Lakers from this Kid.

Just think, Even when the, Sad day,that KB retires, we have some nice young talent. SOMETHING that we haven't really had in well, over 20 years. Lol.

We Might've had 1 young player or so, at a time. But having a strong young nucleus, is not something we are used to.

Trust me, this Randle kid will be NICE. Guy ALSO, has the hard working, KB Mentality. AND, don't forget we have Houston's first round, 27th overall, pick in this LOADED Draft.

Clarkson
    Randle
    Okafor OR Towns
    27th Overall pick
    34th Overall pick (Just think; This draft is a lot more loaded than last year's draft. If we got Clarkson with the 46th pick, I bet we can get some nice Talent with the 34th pick)

OR, it would be nice to package the 27+34 to move up a few spots and pick up a guy like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson who can come in and start at the 3.

Add a guy like Tariq Black who we have no obligation to Keep. We didn't draft him, he's on a non guaranteed Contract and he played decent basketball for us last year. Just let him do his thing, work hard and develop. Maybe he ends up being a nice defensive big off the bench for us. Back up Big that Backs up Okafor or Towns/Randle.

Same with Ryan Kelly. Let him develop and see if he can be a Klye Korver Lite. See if he can become a rotation guy.

We FINALLY have young talent. It's scary.

Then, say we are able to sign a guy like Kawhi or Jimmy Butler or even DeMarre Carroll. We would have a young group that, with the TV deal kicking in, would enable us to have a young core that could grow up together and be competitive for 10-15 years ala the Spurs (Timmy/Manu/Parker).

NBA lottery pick

You guys are certainly thinking more of him than the Lakers front office then. And they're the ones that see him every day.

Home of the 16

The truth is, we don't know what they think of him, honestly. We could sit here & say that he'll never be a Brandon Roy or what not, but, who the f* knows? There are those little possibilities in every way, & here, people like to be optimistic.

Rookie year. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    OR, it would be nice to package the 27+34 to move up a few spots and pick up a guy like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson who can come in and start at the 3.
    Yeah, I think Lakers should try to move up a few slots if possible. I don't know who would trade but throw on some cash considerations along with the 2 picks - maybe one of the younger small-market teams will do it.

At that point, you want the best player you possibly can get talent-wise. Hopefully you can get a decent rotation player. I would hope for a backcourt player if we get Towns/Okafor with #2 pick.

Some sharpshooter like JJ Redik or Mike Miller off the bench would be awesome. Corey Hawkins/Joseph Young/RJ Hunter are listed as great shooters that are expected to go mid-late first round.

Sources:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ranking...012046574.html
    http://www.nbadraft.net/ranking/positional

People are underestimating his ceiling. I will go on record now to pre-write him on as a top-100 player of all time when it's all said and done