Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #46
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Re: so is Kobe officially a moron chucker again?

To me it seems like every bit of momentum the Lakers had was squashed by all the injuries, and they've never recovered. When Odom, Walton, Kwame, and Vlad got injured, Kobe was forced to change his game back to where it has been the past 2 seasons....back to All Kobe....All the Time. Now he has his crew back (except for Vlad I think?) and he's forgotten how to play with them again, and forgotten how to use them. When I watched Lakers games early in the year when they were playing really well, I thought the offense was best run through Luke Walton on the wing or block. Whatever talent he lacks, he helps make up for with good decision making. I don't know if the Lakers have just gone away from him on offense or what, but he used to give everyone quality shots...not just Kobe.

All I know is that I really just can't stand watching Lakers games when Kobe is like that. Sure it was cool when he was scoring 50+ for those 4 games or so, but it gets old watching a player go 1 on 5 for a good majority of the game.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Lamar Odom and Kobe Bryant will never co-exist as well as everyone thinks they should or can. He will never be Kobe's "Pippen". He looks like he doesn't know what to do half the time when Kobe is on the floor with him.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #47
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
To me it seems like every bit of momentum the Lakers had was squashed by all the injuries, and they've never recovered. When Odom, Walton, Kwame, and Vlad got injured, Kobe was forced to change his game back to where it has been the past 2 seasons....back to All Kobe....All the Time. Now he has his crew back (except for Vlad I think?) and he's forgotten how to play with them again, and forgotten how to use them. When I watched Lakers games early in the year when they were playing really well, I thought the offense was best run through Luke Walton on the wing or block. Whatever talent he lacks, he helps make up for with good decision making. I don't know if the Lakers have just gone away from him on offense or what, but he used to give everyone quality shots...not just Kobe.

All I know is that I really just can't stand watching Lakers games when Kobe is like that. Sure it was cool when he was scoring 50+ for those 4 games or so, but it gets old watching a player go 1 on 5 for a good majority of the game.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Lamar Odom and Kobe Bryant will never co-exist as well as everyone thinks they should or can. He will never be Kobe's "Pippen". He looks like he doesn't know what to do half the time when Kobe is on the floor with him.

Dead on when it comes to Kobe and Odom. It's what I've been trying to prove to people for a long time now.
Their games don't fit. Mentality is an issue too.
They"ll never be good.

However, when it comes to the Lakers collapse, you'r wrong.

They played well even with the injuries.

When Odom was out Kobe and Luke still made us more than competitive and we beat some pretty good teams in that stretch of games.
Without Luke and Kwame we almost beat the Spurs.
Bottom line, they played well...

And Kobe was passing the ball until the Blazers game and it didn't work.
Check his stats.

He actually averaged most assists when guys were out.
He took over against Portland. The rest is history.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #48
c_az_a
Good High School Starter

c_az_a has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
certainly in that game he was a chucker. and in the prior game. before that he had 13 assist and took only 17 shots. when he had his 50+ steak, he was shooting roughly 50%.

he is inconsistent and I don't buy my fellow Laker fans excuse that his teammates are scared little girls, so he therefore HAS to shoot 30+ times. if he is getting doubled every possession, then he must create for others. he needs to consistently help them get in a rhythm, just like in the beginning of the season.

also, he needs to lead with consistent solid D (like he used to do). I know that's asking him to do basically EVERYTHING for the team, but if he wants to be the GOAT, that's the position he is in today... until mgmt gets him better role players.

Nash last Tuesday had 4-4 fg 4-4 ft 15 pts over 10 asts, W. 4 shots and 15 pts is way better than 30 shots 50 pts. 15/4=3.75, 50/30=1.67.
c_az_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #49
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Here are some teams that have a better front-court than that
Sonics
Blazers
Kings
Warriors
Jazz
Suns
Nuggets
Hornets
Mavs
Spurs
Rockets
Magic
Heat
Bobcats
Pacers
Bulls
Pistons
Wizards
Celtics
Knicks
just stop it. Wizards? Warriors? Kings? Sonics? they're all inarguably worse. Lakers are on par with a couple others. the frontcourt is nothing great but as a Wizards fan, I'm jealous. you have 3 good players, 3 of whom play defense, 2 of whom have post moves, 1 of whom can pass. that is not a *****able situation.

talentwise this team is not great but you saw the first half of the year. they were a second-tier contender. back when Kobe was a distributor for 3 quarters, they were one of the best teams in the league. now he's gunning for 40 every night and they're losing. these players haven't changed. they need to get in rhythm and the way to do that is for Kobe to play like he played earlier. if he's going to assert himself, fine, but you don't do that by taking 34 shots and getting to the line 4 times. if he wants to force the issue to create opportunities for his teammates he should be PENETRATING. I didn't watch the game but Laker fans be honest with me: he was just isolating and taking pullup long midrange jumpers, wasn't he? that opens up nothing for anybody, it's just Kobe desperately gunning for points. there is no case to be made for such play. none.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #50
plupiter
Kids at the park dunk on me

plupiter has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
To me it seems like every bit of momentum the Lakers had was squashed by all the injuries, and they've never recovered. When Odom, Walton, Kwame, and Vlad got injured, Kobe was forced to change his game back to where it has been the past 2 seasons....back to All Kobe....All the Time. Now he has his crew back (except for Vlad I think?) and he's forgotten how to play with them again, and forgotten how to use them. When I watched Lakers games early in the year when they were playing really well, I thought the offense was best run through Luke Walton on the wing or block. Whatever talent he lacks, he helps make up for with good decision making.

This represents how I see it. People are confusing what the Lakers look like talent wise when healthy vs injured. This is epitomized by the sentiment, "look what happened when Kobe passed during the seven game losing streak, he can't trust his teammates". During that streak they were injured, this doesn't mean he shouldn't trust his teammates now. Odom is slowly rounding into form, and as strange as it seems Walton may the most important player on the team. The fact is the team is out of rhythm now that Kobe is consistently shooting 30+ times a night.
plupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: