Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Houston Fans, Where Yall At? Laker / Orlando Fans Told Yall

Now youre team is falling apart, Dwight was supposed to be your saviour

Meanwhile Orlando is blooming since he left and Lakers are studded AF since he dipped.

Eat shit boys

Default Re: Houston Fans, Where Yall At? Laker / Orlando Fans Told Yall

I don't think Orlando should have traded Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I don't think Orlando should have traded Harris.
    That was dumb move, cant think of a reason why they unloaded of their young assets. Maybe he banged someone wife

orlando was once a free agent hotspot...i think they will hit some gold soon

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    orlando was once a free agent hotspot...i think they will hit some gold soon

I wouldn't say hotspot

they got Horace grant back in the day

tmac
    grant hill

and then Dwight came into the league as a force and attracted a few guys to come play with him

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    I wouldn't say hotspot

they got Horace grant back in the day

tmac
    grant hill

and then Dwight came into the league as a force and attracted a few guys to come play with him
    Those boys were a HUGE deal when they came through, who would of expected that Grant would be injured and Timmy D would Spur them?

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Those boys were a HUGE deal when they came through, who would of expected that Grant would be injured and Timmy D would Spur them?

oh yea I agree those signings were huge.....I just don't agree with Orlando being a hotspot.....for every free agent they did acquire they never stayed more than 5 seasons. even some of the main players they drafted never stayed more than five seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Now youre team is falling apart, Dwight was supposed to be your saviour

Meanwhile Orlando is blooming since he left and Lakers are studded AF since he dipped.

Eat shit boys

Dwight was supposed to be the lakers savior and we all know how that worked out lakers are still eating shit from that deal after he left LA the lakers only have 15 wins more than the tanking sixers the past 3 seasons.

Orlando hasn't come close to making the playoffs since Dwight left.
    Lakers haven't come close to making the playoffs since Dwight left.
    Houston won't make the playoffs after he leaves this year.

But he's the issue

from Reddit quote from Dwight about his time with the Lakers

""I just felt like it wasn't a team. I wanted a team. There were things that went on during the season that made me feel like I wasn't a part of it, like the thing with Kobe and my shoulder. People were saying, 'Dwight's so strong, he's Superman, he should play through it.' It was a torn labrum. I should have had surgery, but I didn't. I came back instead. I'll never forget the game we played against the Celtics in Boston (on Feb. 7, 2013). I hadn't practiced for a while -- I had just been working on the treadmill. But I played in Boston. We got blown out. Coach (Mike D'Antoni) still had me in when we were down 30. After the game, I'm walking off the court and a Lakers fan throws his jersey and hits me in the face. It was my name on that jersey. I will never forget that the rest of my life."

never seen a future hall of famer get shit on so much undeservedly. Dwight is by no means perfect but you're really going put 100% of the blame on him in LA or Houston?

Banned

we all told you fools this would happen. You houston fans got butthurt but we were just trying to help

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    from Reddit quote from Dwight about his time with the Lakers

""I just felt like it wasn't a team. I wanted a team. There were things that went on during the season that made me feel like I wasn't a part of it, like the thing with Kobe and my shoulder. People were saying, 'Dwight's so strong, he's Superman, he should play through it.' It was a torn labrum. I should have had surgery, but I didn't. I came back instead. I'll never forget the game we played against the Celtics in Boston (on Feb. 7, 2013). I hadn't practiced for a while -- I had just been working on the treadmill. But I played in Boston. We got blown out. Coach (Mike D'Antoni) still had me in when we were down 30. After the game, I'm walking off the court and a Lakers fan throws his jersey and hits me in the face. It was my name on that jersey. I will never forget that the rest of my life."

never seen a future hall of famer get shit on so much undeservedly. Dwight is by no means perfect but you're really going put 100% of the blame on him in LA or Houston?
    Dwight took advantage of a weak generation of centers. Yao and Bynum went down early with injuries.

Imagine if in Alonzo Mourning's generation, every other dominant big man had a career shortened by injury except Alonzo.

That is how Dwight dominated the way he did and got the NBA all-first teams that he did.

He was never a dominant player. He was a high work rate defensive role player was capable of scoring 20ppg when fed open looks and dunks in a pick and role offense. He also had a tendency to melt down when things didn't go his way.

Dwight is done. The old Dwight isn't coming back. Hopefully he goes out with at least some dignity still intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Dwight took advantage of a weak generation of centers. Yao and Bynum went down early with injuries.

Imagine if in Alonzo Mourning's generation, every other dominant big man had a career shortened by injury except Alonzo.

That is how Dwight dominated the way he did and got the NBA all-first teams that he did.

He was never a dominant player. He was a high work rate defensive role player was capable of scoring 20ppg when fed open looks and dunks in a pick and role offense. He also had a tendency to melt down when things didn't go his way.

Dwight is done. The old Dwight isn't coming back. Hopefully he goes out with at least some dignity still intact.
    I'll concede Dwight's on roughly Alonzo's level. However Alonzo's going be a hall of famer so wat's your point. Also, there's no way Mutombo's a better overall player than Dwight and he was most likely the 6th or 5th best center in the 90's. I think we all know he's past his prime but he was dominant in his prime, arguably deserved MVP in 2011. Finally my quote just illustrates how Dwight got a little too much shit. He was the scapegoat for all the Lakers' problems that year to the media and fans when there's a lot more to it.

oh please, the scenarios aren't the same at all. Dwight has been great all these years apart from only this year. Most magic fans loved him and respected him but only laker fans seem to trash his game as the scapegoat for kobes failure.

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    Dwight was supposed to be the lakers savior and we all know how that worked out lakers are still eating shit from that deal after he left LA the lakers only have 15 wins more than the tanking sixers the past 3 seasons.
    So you basically are admitting he comes into franchises and DESTROYS them. Luckily Lakers have great staff in Mitch and Jim and went from 0 assets to:

60 mill in capspace
    Ingram
    Russell
    Clarkson
    Randle
    Larry Nance

in just 3 years

+ the hottest coach. You are a trash poster just like your franchise you pathetic excuse of a man